• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The BOAT arrow pointing toward the bus stop is for those rainy days when everything floods at the Fort!

Actually, it was correct before, since the arrow,was pointing to the 3000 loop boat, which is the fastest means of transportation to anywhere on property.

I think we would really enjoy this. Probably make sure it was a relax at the Fort day though to be able to recover from all the eating.

Oh and Kelly I noticed your reply to someone else's about the Mickey's Backyard BBQ. You forgot to mention the all you can eat Mickey Bars.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Beckers said:

Hmm did I spot a mistake??

912b90bf5826cc4d1e46b64695aa22c7.jpg

Another small mistake, IMHO is the suggestion that the purple bus is more direct than the yellow bus.  Not true.  The purple bus goes through the cabin loops, with potential stops at those bus stops (there are three), then to the 2000 loop bus stop, Creekside Meadow bus stop, and then on to the Settlement.  That makes 5 bus stops.  Yellow stops at 1600, 1500, 1400 and 300- one fewer bus stop and less distance.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Another small mistake, IMHO is the suggestion that the purple bus is more direct than the yellow bus.  Not true.  The purple bus goes through the cabin loops, with potential stops at those bus stops (there are three), then to the 2000 loop bus stop, Creekside Meadow bus stop, and then on to the Settlement.  That makes 5 bus stops.  Yellow stops at 1600, 1500, 1400 and 300- one fewer bus stop and less distance.

TCD

And since everyone on the Yellow route is in campers and/or tents, more likelihood of golf carts and/or bikes, and it is VERY rare, that they have to stop at all stops.

Going through the cabin loops, every stop is made almost every run.

14 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

And since everyone on the Yellow route is in campers and/or tents, more likelihood of golf carts and/or bikes, and it is VERY rare, that they have to stop at all stops.

Going through the cabin loops, every stop is made almost every run.

That's true.

Still- if I'm at the Outpost and need to get to the Settlement, I'll take the first bus that comes along- unless I see a yellow bus pulling up behind an orange or purple one.  They're all going to the same place, and any possible shorter ride time is made up by the fact that I can get on a bus now and be on my way.

TCD

6 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Another review has popped up, this time from WDW News Today...

REVIEW: Trail’s End Begins Weekend Brunch, Is It Too Much of a Good Thing?

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/review-trails-end-begins-weekend-brunch-is-it-too-much-of-a-good-thing/

Man that shrimp must be nasty.  Both of the reviews mentioned how bad it is.  Shame on Disney for serving such low quality food.

I have to laugh at how the reviewer announced that "they serve jungle juice now!," but call it moonshine.

They've been serving the moonshine juice for years, dude.

TCD

55 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

How hard is it to serve good shrimp... in Florida?!

Well, if they used Florida shrimp........no telling where these came from.

What I didn't like about the brunch was the scrambled eggs.  I'm guessing a frozen mix is used and they are way too salty for me.  I first had that problem on a Carnival cruise and some place else too.  I will just have to look for real in the shell still, eggs being used.  Didn't cross my mind Disney would be using a mix for the scrambles.

33 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Heresy!!!!  That's it... I'm not going.  What good is a pricey brunch buffet at the Fort if I can't stuff my face full of biscuits???

It just seems strange as it does show up on the regular breakfast menu. I haven't actually been able to find the info on an official Disney site just the various blogs. It would be nice to have confirmation of what the brunch buffet actually has.

8 hours ago, keith_h said:

I just looked at the menu. No biscuits and sausage gravy!

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Heresy!!!!  That's it... I'm not going.  What good is a pricey brunch buffet at the Fort if I can't stuff my face full of biscuits???

that's what Missy is for!! Don't need no stinkin' Trails End for good biscuits and gravy!

On 6/9/2016 at 4:04 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

GDF's boyfriend posted his very thorough review, including a bunch of very nice photos: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/trails-end-brunch-review-at-fort-wilderness-resort-and-some-scenery/

TCD

Ok, so I read the review and as usual it was very thorough.  But Kelly might want to have a word with her boyfriend about this one line:

I’m actually not really sure why Uncle John’s Taters aren’t in my mouth right now.

:blink:

On 6/9/2016 at 5:04 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

GDF's boyfriend posted his very thorough review, including a bunch of very nice photos: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/trails-end-brunch-review-at-fort-wilderness-resort-and-some-scenery/

TCD

I finally looked at the post and although it isn't listed nor labelled I see what appears to be biscuits and gravy in one of the pictures. This means I just might make a visit on our next trip.

I like the addition of the weekend brunch. Our stays at the Fort are from Sunday to Saturday. With the old menu it was kind of, why go there on Saturday after we are done packing  for stuff we would make for breakfast anyway? With the greater variety of the brunch menu we can skip breakfast at the campsite and kill it and lunch before we hit the road. It's a bit more expensive this way but sounds a lot more relaxing.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:26 AM, Beckers said:

Hmm did I spot a mistake??

912b90bf5826cc4d1e46b64695aa22c7.jpg

Y'all can pick on GDF's boyfriend all you like, but you have to admit that he has a great sense of humor- he fixed his error in a new post:

trails_end_brunch_review-10.jpg

Before moving forward, I do ask for your forgiveness as it appears that the new intern in the website’s “Arrows Department” grossly mislabeled this diagram in the recent Trail’s End brunch review. While the website went Full Kylo Ren and this particular employee “no longer enjoys the faculties necessary to label any future diagrams,” his or her life was spared because, “Hey there is probably still a boat somewhere in that direction right.” A fair argument, padawan. Also, after running additional timing runs, it appears that the Purple route to Settlement Depot is not the slam dunk that was implied in the post, with transportation times in the neighborhood of either Orange or Yellow. In my experience, you might select your bus route based on following whichever family looks like they’re least likely to change into their swimsuits on the bus. All of your subscriptions will be extended one month due to this unfortunate oversight. If you cannot forgive, hopefully in time you will forget.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-refurbished-cabin-review/

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Y'all can pick on GDF's boyfriend all you like, but you have to admit that he has a great sense of humor- he fixed his error in a new post:

trails_end_brunch_review-10.jpg

Before moving forward, I do ask for your forgiveness as it appears that the new intern in the website’s “Arrows Department” grossly mislabeled this diagram in the recent Trail’s End brunch review. While the website went Full Kylo Ren and this particular employee “no longer enjoys the faculties necessary to label any future diagrams,” his or her life was spared because, “Hey there is probably still a boat somewhere in that direction right.” A fair argument, padawan. Also, after running additional timing runs, it appears that the Purple route to Settlement Depot is not the slam dunk that was implied in the post, with transportation times in the neighborhood of either Orange or Yellow. In my experience, you might select your bus route based on following whichever family looks like they’re least likely to change into their swimsuits on the bus. All of your subscriptions will be extended one month due to this unfortunate oversight. If you cannot forgive, hopefully in time you will forget.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-refurbished-cabin-review/

TCD

That's awesome LOL.

Actually, it was correct before, since the arrow,was pointing to the 3000 loop boat, which is the fastest means of transportation to anywhere on property.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:29 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:19 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

http://mukilteobeacon.villagesoup.com/media/Common/17/E6/1173215/t600-Boating%20Day%202.jpg

Love it! :lol: