On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:03 AM, keith_h said:

I finally looked at the post and although it isn't listed nor labelled I see what appears to be biscuits and gravy in one of the pictures. This means I just might make a visit on our next trip.

I like the addition of the weekend brunch. Our stays at the Fort are from Sunday to Saturday. With the old menu it was kind of, why go there on Saturday after we are done packing  for stuff we would make for breakfast anyway? With the greater variety of the brunch menu we can skip breakfast at the campsite and kill it and lunch before we hit the road. It's a bit more expensive this way but sounds a lot more relaxing.

They served the expanded buffet on Monday July 4th.

Here's the hot food line- fried chicken, mashed potatoes, etc. are on this end:

7%204%2016%20067_zps5thpmfqt.jpg

You can see they have biscuits and sausage gravy right here:

7%204%2016%20068_zpsz6rmelyy.jpg

For what it's worth, the brunch was a flop once noon hit.  We had an 11:05 reservation, and after we finished eating, at around 12:15, there were maybe 4 tables occupied by guests left in the entire restaurant, and nobody was coming in. I saw several parties stop at the podium out front, and then turn and leave when they found out that the buffet was being served.

I didn't see any advertising or signs letting guests know that they were serving the expanded buffet on a Monday.  I don't know what kind of business they're doing after noon on Saturdays and Sundays, but if it's as slow as what I saw on Monday, I can't imagine that this will be continuing for much longer.

We all liked having the extra choices on the buffet- but it turned out as I feared- there's too much to eat, so no way to make the extra price "worth it."

TCD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The BOAT arrow pointing toward the bus stop is for those rainy days when everything floods at the Fort!

Actually, it was correct before, since the arrow,was pointing to the 3000 loop boat, which is the fastest means of transportation to anywhere on property.