When you do your online check in there is an area you can check the loop. Then 5 days before you can fax in a site request with the loop and if you have any sites in mind.

I'm on my phone and can't link the page but you can find the number and a sample site request letter on here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I put mine as part of the reservation notes then 7 before my arrival I fax a site request letter to the site assigner in the office. For some reason the link didn't work after I posted while it did during the preview. I included the sample fax form and number below:

Mo's loop request post:

You may put in a request for a particular loop/site, however please note that this is a REQUEST ONLY and there is no guarantee that you will get what you request. as posted on Fort Fiends .net

Many factors play into this, including whether you're checking in during a busy time of year or a particularly busy day.

Prevailing wisdom is that it is better to give what you want/need in a site and why, instead of requesting a particular site. In other words, "we would like to be close to a comfort station because..."

Based on information provided by the Fort's front desk, best recommendations are to have your request noted on your reservation. While this is often sufficient, you may also fax the same request to the Fort about 5-10 days prior to your arrival.

Note: the resort is unable to modify a reservation in the system until 5 days prior to your arrival.

Fax #: 407-824-3508

Here is the standard form many use to fax a request to the Fort...

Date

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I'm really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at <script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Sincerely,

Your name here

23 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I do think they read them, but the last two trips we didn't get any sites we requested via fax.

I'm wondering if something changed.

The fax has always worked for me, but for my trip last month, I requested to be on either 800 or 900 and near a Comfort Station.  That's a pretty easy request to accommodate.

I ended up on the inner loop of 1400.

Made me wonder if the fax machine is broken?

TCD

46 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I agree with TCD. Last trip down we also requested a specific loop or two and to be away from the road due to ltitles. We we didn't get either loop and backed right up to the road. 

50 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The fax has always worked for me, but for my trip last month, I requested to be on either 800 or 900 and near a Comfort Station.  That's a pretty easy request to accommodate.

TCD

I just called the fax #, it answered in 2 rings, made the fax tone, then disconnected.  It did that 2 times.  My phone said the calls lasted 6 seconds.

Not sure if it disconnected because it wasn't a fax trying to connect, or if they are having problems.  The tone started out normal but quickly started sounding odd.

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I just called the fax #, it answered in 2 rings, made the fax tone, then disconnected.  It did that 2 times.  My phone said the calls lasted 6 seconds.

Not sure if it disconnected because it wasn't a fax trying to connect, or if they are having problems.  The tone started out normal but quickly started sounding odd.

From all indications, my fax went through and was received like normal last month.  The fax machine I use prints a confirmation, and also indicates if the fax does not go through.

So, I believe that my fax went through and was received at the number we all use.  I retract my statement that the fax machine must be broken- I have no reason to believe that.

What I don't know is whether the faxes are now getting placed in the circular file, as one famous jackwagon CM from another board loves to tell everyone.

TCD

30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

From all indications, my fax went through and was received like normal last month.  The fax machine I use prints a confirmation, and also indicates if the fax does not go through.

So, I believe that my fax went through and was received at the number we all use.  I retract my statement that the fax machine must be broken- I have no reason to believe that.

What I don't know is whether the faxes are now getting placed in the circular file, as one famous jackwagon CM from another board loves to tell everyone.

TCD

Just because it went thru doesn't mean that it has paper and toner!

Faxes are so outdated.

We have offices that kick and scream like spoiled 2 year olds if we try to take them away and tell them to use a scanner and email instead of a fax.

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

Just because it went thru doesn't mean that it has paper and toner!

Faxes are so outdated.

We have offices that kick and scream like spoiled 2 year olds if we try to take them away and tell them to use a scanner and email instead of a fax.

LOL, you're right.

My DD's laugh at the fact that I fax site requests.  It's probably the only thing I use a fax machine for anymore.  I'd much rather send and email, but so far, I haven't heard of an email address we can use for site requests.

TCD

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL, you're right.

My DD's laugh at the fact that I fax site requests.  It's probably the only thing I use a fax machine for anymore.  I'd much rather send and email, but so far, I haven't heard of an email address we can use for site requests.

TCD

At least with a fax someone will handle the paper so you have a slight chance they might look at it instead of just throwing it away. With e-mail it is likely straight to the junk mail folder and if they're like me it gets looked at rarely if ever.

1 hour ago, caveat lector said:

I don't have easy access to a stand alone fax, so I use one of those free Internet fax services. I bet there is even smaller chance of them reading that

But the recipient receives an actual paper fax, so no different than you sliding a piece of paper in a machine.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Everything is still working.  Checked in yesterday.  At check in, the cast member read me my primary and secondary choices for the request. I could see on the screen that all of the important info from my fax was entered. I've noticed that if I don't say that I requested a site and if it is available but not ready I'm willing to wait, I get assigned a different site.  I think the priority is to minimize your wait unless you say you are willing to do so.  Yesterday, we waited about an hour.  It may have been ready sooner, but after an hour without a text message I walked to the Outpost and was told that the site is now ready. 

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

Everything is still working.  Checked in yesterday.  At check in, the cast member read me my primary and secondary choices for the request. I could see on the screen that all of the important info from my fax was entered. I've noticed that if I don't say that I requested a site and if it is available but not ready I'm willing to wait, I get assigned a different site.  I think the priority is to minimize your wait unless you say you are willing to do so.  Yesterday, we waited about an hour.  It may have been ready sooner, but after an hour without a text message I walked to the Outpost and was told that the site is now ready. 

Thanks for reporting on that- it's good to know that faxes still work.  Not good that no one texted you when your site was ready.

1 hour ago, ependydad...Doug said:

It seems I read fairly regular issues with the texting and getting the messages quite late.

True, but that is not just a Fort issue.  It's happened to me a few times at other on-property resorts. 

But, it has also happened, with on-line check-in, that I got texted my room number before I ever arrived on property.

So, in my experience, whatever department is in charge of texting room numbers is operated very inconsistently.

TCD

20 minutes ago, safedave said:

Just faxed the request letter today for next week. It went through. This is my first try at the fax so we shall see.

When you check in, be sure to let them know you sent in a site request.  It may or may not be noted on your reservation.

I know they read the faxes because when we sent our fax request in for our Spring Break trip we actually got a call from the site assigner.  She told us that there was no space in our requested loop (1500) and asked for preferences for something different.  I requested a specific series of sites in 2000 and was placed in one of them.  I was impressed by the call.

We just got back from the fort. As I said earlier this was the first try at a fax request. When we got there the site assigned was not the requested one. It was, however, in the same loop. At the gate I told them I requested another site so she looked and it was already taken. So I do believe the fax went through but they weren't able to grant it.