I ran across 2 reviews of this new restaurant recently.  There's a full review from Disney Food Blog here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/05/30/full-review-tiffins-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Excerpts...

Pomegranate Foccacia Bread -- Up Close

Pomegranate Foccacia Bread — Up Close

Lobster Popcorn Thai Curry Soup

Lobster Popcorn Thai Curry Soup

Marinated Grilled Octopus

Marinated Grilled Octopus

Roasted Market Vegetable Curry

Roasted Market Vegetable Curry

Millet with Lime Chutney

Millet with Lime Chutney

Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib

Wagyu Striploin and Braised Short Rib

Whole Fried Sustainable Fish -- Another View

Whole Fried Sustainable Fish — Another View

Berkshire Pork Tenderloin

Berkshire Pork Tenderloin

Hoisin Glazed Halibut

Hoisin Glazed Halibut

Calamansi Mousse

Calamansi Mousse

Lime Cheesecake

Lime Cheesecake

South American Ganache

South American Ganache

And here's a review of the attached Nomad Lounge...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/05/review-photos-video-nomad-lounge-tiffins-restaurant-soft-open-at-animal-kingdom/

Excerpts...

IMG_6666

My personal favorite was the Night Monkey, which just might be may favorite drink in all of WDW.

IMG_6603

The vegetarian summer roll was surprisingly good. This is not necessarily something I would usually order anywhere, but the spicy sauce accompanying the roll made this quite enjoyable.

IMG_6659

The Indian Butter Chicken Wings were a bit of a letdown. The flavor just wasn’t there on these, which is somewhat disconcerting as this was the item I was most looking forward to. Luckily, we were so wowed by this point by the atmosphere and drinks that this don’t ruin our experience.

IMG_6620

The seasonal fish balls were one of my favorite dishes here, even though I had zero expectations they would even be on my radar when eating here. The pepper accompaniment blended well with the perfectly cooked white fish for a great flavor.

IMG_6629

The seared wagyu beef was by far the worst item we tried. No flavor and quite expensive for just three small pieces.

IMG_6625

The pork ribs were the real winner here. Again, while a small portion, the lime accented flavor and fall-off-the-bone quality were worth every penny. Unlike some other lounges on property, the portions here may be good for 1-2 guests, but that’s about it. This is a lounge attached to a signature dining venue, so it isn’t shocking, but could be better.

IMG_6624

One last item that is not featured on the menu is the bread service. Similar to Sanaa, this plate features a sampling of bread with dipping sauces. However, this plate here offered unique breads and dipping sauces, including a spicy yogurt sauce which was my favorite. I highly recommend ordering this on your next visit to the lounge.

IMG_6638

For dessert, the lounge offers an exclusive “Taste of Tiffins” which has minute samplings of three of the larger desserts in one small plate. This was really fantastic, and gets a review pretty much like Amorette’s pastries; it’s very small but makes us for it and taste and quality of the presentation.

IMG_6655

IMG_6658

Definitely putting Tiffins on my list for this year's trip.  The lounge is probably enough on it's own, but honestly they had me at "whole crispy fried fish"  ;)

That fish looks like something you'd find dead on the beach at Lake Erie.

Disney Food Blog has now posted a review of the Nomad Lounge.  If I go MIA for a few days, you'll know where to look.  ;)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/06/01/full-review-nomad-lounge-in-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Excerpts...

The word “Kungaloosh” may have caught your eye on the beer listing in the image above. It’s another name for the “Spiced Excursion Ale,” brewed specifically and solely for Nomad Lounge!

Spiced Excursion Ale on tap

The fish for this dish during our visit was halibut and cod, and the breading surrounding it was golden, light, and crispy. They — like our other plates — were served piping hot.

Seasonal Fish Balls

Seasonal Fish Balls

As expected with a Butter Chicken dish, the sauce was creamy and flavorful (though, as per usual, not spicy hot — using primarily spices like cumin, turmeric, and garam masala), and the wings were moist and tender. These were really tasty!

Indian Butter Chicken Wings

Indian Butter Chicken Wings

Though the ribs are honey-glazed and coriander-spiced, neither of those flavors were very apparent. While the char was nice and the meat tender (if a bit fatty), the overall taste was pretty basic pork.

Pork Ribs

Nomad Lounge is simply a beautiful addition to Animal Kingdom — and I don’t just mean in regards to the unusually pleasing aesthetics. It is a true respite with creative drinks in comfy surroundings that encourage you to relax and unwind, and even consider the experience of travel or learn about the creation of the park, if you’re so inclined.

Another review...

REVIEW: Tiffins Restaurant Provides Best In-Park Signature Dining; Jungle Book Package Value?; Every Plate Reviewed

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/review-tiffins-restaurant-provides-best-in-park-signature-dining-jungle-book-package-value-every-plate-reviewed/

This time the whole fried fish as a yellow snapper...

IMG_7074

I ordered the Whole-fried Sustainable Fish the second time at Tiffins just to get this picture really. I had never ordered a fish like this in my life and I decided the time had come to have a fish head on my plate. It’s a yellow snapper with fermented black bean sauce, som tam, and peanuts. You do have to work for your food here to cut it away from bone, but it is worth it for the flavor. If this seems like something you would enjoy, I highly recommend this. Probably my second favorite dish at Tiffins.

Yep - totally ordering this!  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Tiffins introduces new more affordable lunch menu

1 hour ago

Tiffins at Disney's Animal Kingdom now offers a new lighter lunch menu alongside its regular all-day menu, making it a much more affordable option.

Opening as the first signature restaurant at Disney's Animal Kingdom in May 2016, Tiffins is one of our highest rated restaurants at Disney World, but comes with a high price.

The new Light Bites menu and Taste of Tiffins option is similar to the Potjie Inspired offering at Sanaa. You get to choose two items, paired with a Jade Blend Rice for $28. It is a great way to try some of the dishes from the main menu, but with a lower cost and smaller portion size.

The new Tiffins Lunch Menu is available from 11:30am to 3:30pm, and is 2 table service entitlements on the Disney Dining Plan. The regular Tiffins menu continues to be available for both lunch and dinner.

Tiffins Lunch Menu

LIGHT BITES

ARCHAEOLOGIST SALAD 12
Spring Vegetable Variations, Pumpernickel Soil, Champagne Vinaigrette

HOUSE-MADE HEAD CHEESE AND CHICKEN LIVER PÂTÉ 14
Goji Berry Chutney, Accoutrements, Whole-Grain Mustard

TIFFINS SIGNATURE BREAD SERVICE 10
Pomegranate Olive Oil, Harissa Yogurt,
Zhough Yogurt, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus

LOBSTER-POPCORN THAI CURRY SOUP 13
Basil Emulsion, Popped Sorghum

TASTE OF TIFFINS

Choice of Two served with Jade Blend Rice 28

FLASH-FRIED ICY BLUE MUSSELS
Za’atar Butter, Confit Tomato, Persian Cucumber

CRISPY YELLOWTAIL SNAPPER
Som Tam, Black Bean Sauce

72-HOUR BEEF SHORT RIB
Carrots, Chimichurri

MARKET VEGETABLE CURRY
Coconut-Red Curry, Poppadum, Lime Chutney

CHERMOULA RUBBED CHICKEN
Dried Fruits, Olives, Couscous, Harissa Yogurt

BLACK-EYED PEA FRITTERS
Zhough Yogurt, Peppadew Purée

SUSTAINABLE SEASONAL FISH CRUDO*
Roasted Corn Salsa, Finger Lime, Smoked Sea Salt

SALAD OF ROASTED BABY BEETS
Goat Cheese Crema, Walnut Granola, Sun-dried Cherry Vinaigrette

MARINATED GRILLED OCTOPUS
Artichoke Barigoule, Saffron Aïoli, Lemon-Caper Olive Oil

MASA AND PULLED PORK TAMALE
Hominy Succotash, Red Mole Sauce

Article Posted: Jul 05, 2016 / 9:53am EDT

• 1 month later...

After enjoying dinner at Homecoming in Disney Springs this past Saturday evening, Twin #1 and I popped over to Animal Kingdom for another look at the night time stuff.

We were able to score two separate overlapping Expedition Everest FP+'s on the MDE app, as well as FP+'s for a night safari ride.  The original plan was to watch the Jungle Book show for our second and last time before it is put out of its misery early next month.

All of that was well and good, but we had about an hour to kill before executing that plan.

Perfect for a quick visit to the Nomad Lounge!

Here we go:

8%2013%2016%20085_zps5b7k0qi0.jpg

The place is gorgeous, and not busy.  It has been added on to the back of Pizzafari, along what used to be the path to Camp Minnie Mickey, but currently is a dead-end.  I think the average park guest has no idea this place is back here.  Which is a good thing if you want to go.

The interior is totally reminiscent of Animal Kingdom Lodge.  Which is a pretty cool thing considering you're in a theme park:

8%2013%2016%20083_zps8fj9ju9d.jpg

The drink menu is the size of a small town phone book, with all kinds of whacky unnecessary photos and text.  What they forgot to include was the prices:

8%2013%2016%20084_zpsaxgzjsml.jpg

That's what I ordered- a Moscow Mule with a little pear juice.

It was great.

Then I got the bill.

$12.50.

For one drink.

Still, it's a nice place to visit.  If you have a lot of money.

Outside, you can take a peek at some new posters and see a floating mountain there in the background.  I am hoping that this new area gets open during my lifetime, but based on recent history, I have my doubts:

8%2013%2016%20086_zpsainlmffd.jpg

8%2013%2016%20087_zpsevschfcb.jpg

So, that lounge is a really nice place to go for a drink.  But you had better drink a lot before you get the bill, as you'll be shocked if you're sober.

After the drink, we headed to EE.  No problems there.

Then it was time to queue up for Jungle Book.

And we just couldn't.

We should have drank more.

We skipped it.

We will go down in history as only having seen it once.

And we are OK with that.

We did stop by and check out the projection show on the Tree of Life.

That's pretty cool.

Then we decided to skip the nigh safari too.  Same deal- we've done it once, and have no strong desire to subject ourselves to it again.

Anyway, to get to the point, I like the Nomad Lounge.  But not the prices.  But that's what I say about everything at WDW.

TCD