Twenty One!: The TCD Twins' 21st Birthday Jamboree at the Fort

36 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

And please, when you interact with these young people, remember that most of them are college kids who are earnestly trying to do the best job that they can.  If you have a problem, I would bet that 99.9% of the time, it isn't something that young person is to blame for.  They work the front lines while the managers who make the unpopular decisions that may negatively impact your vacation are hiding in their offices.

Well said, sir.  I feel bad for what some of these kids have to endure from guests.  

Great TR!  I loved reading along.  

From what I could see in the various FEA ride videos that have popped up, it looks like they took the old ride exit and now have guests board there as well.  I loved that seaside village area.  Did it look like they just added to it?  Seems like a great use for the old movie theater to be indoor queue.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to post this last batch of photos so I can be done with this TR, as I'll have another one to start next week. And, I still need to take that trip. Heck, I still need to pack for that

So is it just the 1500 and 2000 loops where Disney allows it to be like the lawless old west where anything goes? Are us lowlife tent/PUP owners $$ not as good as the TT and the rolling mansion R

Shall we call you Dory?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DramaMama .......... Janet said:

From what I could see in the various FEA ride videos that have popped up, it looks like they took the old ride exit and now have guests board there as well.  I loved that seaside village area.  Did it look like they just added to it?  Seems like a great use for the old movie theater to be indoor queue.

Correct- you now board where you used to exit.  The new exit is right before you get to the loading area.  Like how it is at Mexico.

The old village area  where you used to wait before going into the theater is now the queue. I don't think the village is the same- or at least they moved the walls out to make more room for the queue.  It is definitely a good use of the space.  Also, they were able to add two scenes before the lift hill by using the space that used to be the old loading area and queue.

The imagineers did a good job on this one with using the space they had to add a very good dark ride.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

But, the line was really long now.

I'm sure you've heard reports of the line stretching all the way to China.

Those reports were true.

The end of the line is somewhere down there by China:

6%2021%2016%20102_zpsqd7ckogh.jpg

Wow.

Long Line.

I should know, I did the research.....

norway-chaina_zpsar8wogc3.jpg

Great trip as usual, by the way. Nice to see you back.

4 minutes ago, jmaul said:

Wow.

Long Line.

I should know, I did the research.....

norway-chaina_zpsar8wogc3.jpg

Great trip as usual, by the way. Nice to see you back.

Excellent research!

You made me LOL.

I guess the line could have been worse.  I'll bet on a busy day the end of the line might be in actual China.

It's also good to see you back, sir.

I hope all is well with the Maul gang.

TCD

Great updates!

You got a lot done in an afternoon as always.

To answer your previous question as to when I would be available to shimmy.....

i will be at the Fort january 22-28 and then at BLT January 28-Feb 4.

Then we will likely return in Nov/Dec 2017 as well for a customary Fort only trip.

The kids know nothing about our next trip; they are under the impression that it could be decades before we return.......we moved in November and therefore I took afvantage by telling them the mive related expenses could keep us from going back to WDW for a VERY long time.  

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, AC in A2 said:

Great updates!

You got a lot done in an afternoon as always.

To answer your previous question as to when I would be available to shimmy.....

i will be at the Fort january 22-28 and then at BLT January 28-Feb 4.

Then we will likely return in Nov/Dec 2017 as well for a customary Fort only trip.

The kids know nothing about our next trip; they are under the impression that it could be decades before we return.......we moved in November and therefore I took afvantage by telling them the mive related expenses could keep us from going back to WDW for a VERY long time.  

That's awesome.  I wish I could be there to see your kids' reaction when they find out they're going to Disney World.  I'll bet that I will be around at some point during your next trip.  I'll meet you at the Pioneer Hall porch.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:14 PM, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Love how the TCD gang rolls. Thanks for bringing us along!

I love how we roll too.

Thanks for reading!

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:54 PM, Northerngirl--Lori said:

Thank you for once again bringing us along on your trips! Looking forward to the next adventure!

Thanks.

The next adventure has happened.

I'll be starting a new TR very soon!

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:26 AM, dvccamper said:

Thanks for sharing, interesting and fun as usual!

Thanks for reading.  Glad you liked it.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 11:06 PM, caveat lector said:

I could handle the squirrel stealing get my donut. You know, that old survival of the fitest theory.  However, I would draw the line when he sat up in the tree with his bounty and smirked at me.  The nerve!

The way I saw it, that squirrel earned the right to smirk.  He needed the donut worse than I did, and I had to give him credit for swiping it and carrying up into that tree.  Plus, that donut was a couple of days old at that point, so no big loss for me.

TCD