Uh...  I just pulled into Savannah for the night and learned of TS Colin...  I'm thinking I can leave out of here early tomorrow and make it to the Fort before the worst comes...

Should I?

If I stay here (assuming I can get an extra day). I'd just end up right under the thing...

If I make a run for it and head on to the fort, will they still be open?  

16 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Looks like the worst of it will be passing north of the Fort.

Yah...  I'm thinking I get up and out of here early and try to get to the Fort earlier.  Hope it stays on its route north.

Sigh..  Well...  On the bright side I know how to start my Trip report now!  :-). Wish me luck folks.

I'd make the run for the Fort. At this point it shouldn't be near bad enough for them to shut down the Fort. I'd stay on main roads and be ready for a little wind. We have been getting a little rain off and on since around 1pm today. Best to do is just keep up with the forecast and be safe.

Good luck, safe travels and have fun.

(Stop along the way somewhere and pick up some reusable rain ponchos if you don't already have them, save a lot buying them off property )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, WalkerFiend said:

So far so good!  We're stopping for some early lunch before we hit I4. 

Looking at the radar it looks like we made a good bet so far. :)

We have a poncho per person per hour...  ;-)

Tampa is getting hit with bands of rain and wind.

It got gusty here a minute ago and a dock door opened and a huge gust of wind came in.

10 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Wasn't weather a major factor on your last trip? If I remember correctly it was on the return home portion. Have fun even rain at Disney can still be magical. 

Two years ago on our first trip it seemed like it rained non- stop.  Last year was awesome.  Hot, but awesome, despite some grimlins. 

Were on it!  It's vacation. 

10 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Wasn't weather a major factor on your last trip? If I remember correctly it was on the return home portion. Have fun even rain at Disney can still be magical. 

Two years ago on our first trip it seemed like it rained non- stop.  Last year was awesome.  Hot, but awesome, despite some grimlins. 

Were on it!  It's vacation. 

14 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We are starting to get some higher gusts of wind in the 30-40 mph range as more bands move through. Nothing bad, but if I were you I'd hold off on awnings or any outside set up till tomorrow.

Yah.  I am soooooo happy to be here and not on the roads anymore! We got our Golf Cart, and then the deluge started in earnest.  All our  outside stuff will have to wait for morning. 

The Bus driver reminded us that the comfort stations serve as storm shelters in the event of really nasty storms.

And, it seems I have a leak someplace around my rear door.  Meh..

Hmm I never knew that about the comfort stations, it's a good thing to know though. Not sure it's where I'd really like to ride out a storm but in an emergency it's good to know they consider them shelters and would probably be the first places they would start search and rescues in the event of a major storm.