18 hours ago, WalkerFiend said:

The Bus driver reminded us that the comfort stations serve as storm shelters in the event of really nasty storms.

This is good to know for those of us who use 1500 - we've often wondered what we would need do if we were ever there during a really bad blow!!

Other than looking like a swamp, 1500 faired very well last night. I must say, that 4:00 am restroom trip was an interesting decision: relief or risk getting hit by lightning. I held my umbrella by the plastic end and moved VERY quickly down the path!  We have had a few light showers this morning but not enough to keep us out of the pool.  We did nix our plans to go to AK but decided it was a good time to do laundry.  By radar it looked like the worst went below us.  Looking forward to Hoop De Doo this afternoon!

4 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

This is good to know for those of us who use 1500 - we've often wondered what we would need do if we were ever there during a really bad blow!!

In the past if there is enough warning (hurricane, tropical storm) management came around with advisories. 

We were there ages ago when a storm was approaching.  They told us to fold up the PUP, and head over to a ballroom at the Contemporary to ride out the storm.

Since we were from Tampa, we broke camp, cut short our trip by a day (or 2?) and got refunded for those days. Orlando got heavy rain and some strong gusts, when we got to Tampa the sun was out and we only got a couple of light showers.

I think someone else had posted that if it gets really bad they will have you leave the fort and park your TT/RV in an empty lot away from the trees (but I'm not 100% sure about that), then head to a designated hotel.

The CS are good if a sudden (tornado) storm happens.

12 hours ago, WalkerFiend said:

We're in 1447. Hi neighbor. :)  I'll get my shorty ears out there tomorrow. 

14 hours ago, Timsmith7 said:

Hey Walkerfiend, im at 1458, just look for the Mickey Ear RV. Stop by and say hi.

We are in 1520. Just look for our sign and 2 purple flamingos with homemade coonskin hats. The rain has not been kind to the hats so they look like little drowned rats  on their heads. Thrill says they look like they have Beatles' hairdos.  I hope Snarky will be impressed by my efforts- if not the outcome!

I hope it calmed the yellow (deer) flies down a little. We were there 2 weeks ago in 1517 and it was bad. I still have a bunch of red sores from them. Mosquitos were not bad and the thermocell lantern and torches kept them away.

Blue Springs had no flies and neither did anatasia in st. augustine. They did have mosquitos but, again, no problems.

1 minute ago, hunter99 said:

I hope it calmed the yellow (deer) flies down a little. We were there 2 weeks ago in 1517 and it was bad. I still have a bunch of red sores from them. Mosquitos were not bad and the thermocell lantern and torches kept them away.

Blue Springs had no flies and neither did anatasia in st. augustine. They did have mosquitos but, again, no problems.

We got attacked by flies when we were in the 1500 loop last year.

It seemed like they were worse around the trees.  If you sat more in the open they weren't as bad.