Long time lurker and first time poster.

I've been a Disney fan all of my life (42+ years).  As a young man my family would travel to WDW every 3 years or so.  My father hated it, he hated the hassle, the crowds and lack of peace and quite.  We never stayed at the Fort but I do remember being on the Fort Train to the water park as a young man and have pictures of the family hanging out there.  The Polynesian was the resort of choice for our family.

I never lost my love for Disney and as an adult would travel down every 5 years or so and spend 4 days at the parks.  

Now I'm a father of a totter (20 months currently), and he, my wife and I have been to Disney 2 in the last year.  Both short stays, once 3 days, and once 4 days and we stayed at wilderness lodge, and Grand Floridian both Amazing properties.    We've owned a 48' 5th wheel for 3 years now and have towed it all over the eastern half of the US.  We just made reservations for early October of 2017 for 14 days at the Fort.  This will be my longest ever single stay at WDW, and its going to be with a 3 year old and possible a 1.5 year old.  Traveling with a small child i'm now familiar with and somewhat comfortable with.  Our plan for the 14 days is to get 8 days of park passes and use the other 5 days as relaxation days.  

I'll update as we get closer, we requested loop 700, or 800 as those are near the docks and we will not be doing a golf cart but rather bikes with a child trailer on them.  I believe our in laws are making plans to spend all or part of the time at the fort as well in their Class A but may not get park passes (built in baby sitters??)

Glad to have ya!  You'll love the time at the Fort. As for built in sitters, we have had that luxury on occasion with my in-laws. Those are great times to do the late park closings or head to a nice restaurant for a date. Boma is our choice for date night!