Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Does anyone here participate in fighting the forces of evil that are trying to take over the Magic Kingdom?  I've been playing for a few years but living in Kentucky and not getting to travel down all that often its hard for me to collect the special event cards.

Currently I have 58 of the 70 cards and have played through all of the game modes (easy, medium, and hard).  Now that I have a small child it will be much more difficult to participate as he's not going to want to follow the story lines.

My son participates, but only to play.  He hasn't quite gotten into all the story lines yet.  We play a bunch over the summer when school is out.  Otherwise, our play is limited to school breaks.  Being a teacher limits it a bit.

6 hours ago, bdm said:

Does anyone here participate in fighting the forces of evil that are trying to take over the Magic Kingdom?  I've been playing for a few years but living in Kentucky and not getting to travel down all that often its hard for me to collect the special event cards.

Currently I have 58 of the 70 cards and have played through all of the game modes (easy, medium, and hard).  Now that I have a small child it will be much more difficult to participate as he's not going to want to follow the story lines.

We're from KY as well! Anyway our son is 7 and I think he would really enjoy this.  We are definitely going to try it out next trip 

We have picked up cards a few times on the last couple of trips. We each got new packs a few days ago and did a few "missions".  They are cool, but we did a lot of backtracking looking for windows and our youngest got his feelings hurt when his "spell" wasn't chosen (if more than one of us was holding up a card). He'll toughen up (and sometimes I "forget" to get my card ready in time.).    But, the boys love that they get to keep the cards and they have really hit that collecting stage. (Had to ban them from asking for the the transportation cards. They got a bit too intense!  :-)   

I like the Perry game in Epcot better - it seems more group inclusive.  They have made a few changes to it since it was Kim Possible. Of course I am a huge Phineas and Ferb fan. 

Our family has played it both times we have been down there.  When we went down in April I showed my oldest 2 that they could trade cards and loved doing that.  We have a family deck that gets 1 of every card and then they each get to keep any duplicates and can trade them as they want.

We ran into a local in a the pirates area and found out collectors hang out there.  He took time and talked to my kids about it and even told us about the game that you can play at home.  It is a neat game and you can get then a lot of places in the park.

The Perry game in Epcot did not go over at all with our kids.

On 6/16/2016 at 11:07 PM, Theed31u said:

The Perry game in Epcot did not go over at all with our kids.

I've never really enjoyed it.  I think the story runs slow and its not that interactive.  Plus I enjoy the challenge of collecting and trading the cards.