2 year old boy grabbed and taken by gator at Grand Floridian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as it hurts, and brings up very bad memories, this story is stacking up to be very true. The father has wounds from wrestling with the gator to try and rescue his son. This family needs lots o

I am the first to point the finger at the Disney corporation when it does something wrong, but I don't think it's fair to point the finger here. Look at what Disney did when the thought there was

Too many people blame the parents.  It was a horrific accident and I grieve for them.  But, I don;t blame them.  I grew up in Florida.  I understand alligators are everywhere but never thought about i

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

There have been occasional beer warnings in the past when sighted. 

Jason sorry but can not resist but I would like to see BEER warnings or is that when Dave shows up with his Green Death beer.

• 3 weeks later...

From the Omaha World Herald...

Alligator victim's family not pursuing suit against Disney World

• By Alia Conley /World-Herald staff writer
  • Updated

The family of the 2-year-old Elkhorn boy who was attacked and killed by an alligator at a Walt Disney World resort will not pursue a lawsuit against the amusement park.

Matt and Melissa Graves released a statement Wednesday morning, saying they want to focus on “the future health of our family” and will not sue Disney World.

Lane Graves was snatched by an alligator at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa in Orlando while the family was on vacation June 14. He was dragged into the water, authorities have said, and died of drowning and traumatic injuries.

Matt Graves attempted to fight off the reptile, bashing it with his hands and sustaining cuts to his arms.

“We will forever struggle to comprehend why this happened to our sweet baby, Lane,” the parents said in the statement. “As each day passes, the pain gets worse, but we truly appreciate the outpouring of sympathy and warm sentiments we have received from around the world.”

When word spread of the tragedy from Orlando to Omaha, friends and neighbors organized a “Lemonade for Lane” fundraiser and urged all to tie blue ribbons around trees, poles and mailboxes to show support for the family.

The Graves family wrote Wednesday that they hope to keep Lane’s spirit alive through a foundation named for their boy. The Lane Thomas Foundation will make direct donations to various charitable organizations, according to the foundation’s web page.

“It is our hope that through the foundation we will be able to share with others the unimaginable love Lane etched in our hearts,” the parents said.

https://omahafoundation.org/givenow/

http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/alligator-victim-s-family-not-pursuing-suit-against-disney-world/article_77d091e8-4e7f-11e6-abff-8731c087c843.html

17 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But I wouldn't be surprised if others that were "scared" by gators at Disney try to go after them for lack of signage, etc.

Yeah... waiting for that shoe to drop.  Heaven forbid somebody out there doesn't find an opportunity in someone else's tragedy.  :(

This is part of a Fox News story about the parents

A family spokeswoman, Sara Brady, says she couldn't say whether a financial settlement had been reached with Disney World.  Disney World president George Kalogridis said in a statement the company continues to provide support for the family. He did not elaborate.

Orlando Sentinel

Matt and Melissa Graves will focus on a charitable foundation to honor their son Lane and "the future health of our family," they said in a statement Wednesday issued by spokeswoman Sara Brady.

When asked whether Disney had contributed, Brady referred questions to the company. Disney did not say specifically that it had made donations. But "in the wake of this tragic accident we continue to provide ongoing support for the family," Disney World president George Kalogridis said in an emailed statement.

I think the family is showing some real class but I also think some of their decision is based on how Disney is handling things. I don't know what is going on in private between the company and the family however it appears to me that Disney has stepped up to the problem and doing whatever it can to help the family. I think a lot of things end up in court so many times due to a company stonewalling and telling an aggrieved customer it's not their problem. If they would use some empathy and address the issue it would go a long way towards helping the individual and prevent an angry escalation. 

35 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I think the family is showing some real class but I also think some of their decision is based on how Disney is handling things. I don't know what is going on in private between the company and the family however it appears to me that Disney has stepped up to the problem and doing whatever it can to help the family. I think a lot of things end up in court so many times due to a company stonewalling and telling an aggrieved customer it's not their problem. If they would use some empathy and address the issue it would go a long way towards helping the individual and prevent an angry escalation. 

I agree.