I don't even know if this is the right board to ask? First, I was somehow under the impression that we can't do online check in until 30 days before arrival,  but when I went to MDE to see, it is available to me, even though we aren't going until August. So, first, if I put in that I don't know approximate arrival time, can I amend that later? I've seen where people will fax their loop requests, but it looks like I could request a loop during online check in, too. Hoping for loop 1500, which is a smaller loop, but on another forum, someone commented  that our being there during a slower season, and arriving on a weekday may help us get this loop. Can we also request a shady site? A couple of us Wisconsinites would appreciate it! 

Can can request a loop through online check in. Many also fax, as that puts a piece of paper in someone's hand to read. As far as requesting a shady site I would look at the app and pick a few sites that you like and list those in the letter that you fax ( if you decide to fax). I'm not sure that the site assigner really has that much first hand knowledge of the site besides what it says in there book as far as size of the site. I'm not sure about the 1500 loop but most loops have fairly good shade ( except 600).

Check in time is 1pm at the Fort. That being said I have never had any problem checking in early unless I wanted a specific site that was not yet ready. I would just pick a time that seems about right and not worry about changing it, unless you plan to check in really early or really late. If you think you're going to check in before 1 I would guess a time and that way they are more likely to assign you a site that someone is not checking out that day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think when we were making our reservation I just had 1:00 in as a check in time.  We changed our plans and figured we would get there early and just park in the overflow until the site was ready.  We showed up 9ish and they got us right in to a spot.  It was about 4 spots down from where we requested and they told us we could wait until our requested site was ready, but it was close enough for us.