New Breakfast at La Cantina de San Angel - Mexico Pavilion, Epcot World Showcase

REVIEW: La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico Begins Breakfast Service in Preparation for Frozen at Epcot

With the opening of Frozen Ever After approaching, the Mexico and Norway pavilion have been testing out their new 9AM opening time with some new breakfast options. Over in Mexico, La Cantina de San Angel now opens with the park and offers four breakfast plates (and no margaritas before 11am, before you even ask me):

The tamal verde con huevos was a good sized dish for the price. The tamale was a little dry, but not bad. The scrambled eggs (or huevos) served with each dish are pretty good, slightly better than the Disney-made counter service scrambled eggs elsewhere.

The chilaquiles was the best of all of the dishes in both presentation and taste. Similar in texture to the tamale, this did not have the same dry taste. This would be my recommendation if you are eating here.

The pambazo de chorizo is a weird dish, almost tasting like a hamburger covered in marinara sauce. It wasn’t bad, just strange, especially for breakfast.

The huevos revueltos kid’s meal is a good size dish and includes a beverage and fruit. The potatoes had a good flavor, and all of the fruit tasted very fresh.

Overall, La Cantina serves up a solid breakfast. I’m not sure if they are adding this out of necessity, but I don’t think this is where I would get breakfast at Epcot if given a choice. The bakeries in France and Norway have a really solid pastry lineup I would likely choose over this, and I might even be more likely to go for an adult breakfast platter from Sunshine Seasons over this location. The lack of indoor seating for breakfast doesn’t help the cause in the summer months either. Personally, I would skip this in favor of almost any other breakfast option at Epcot, even if it is on the way to Norway.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/06/review-la-cantina-de-san-angel-in-mexico-begins-breakfast-service-in-preparation-for-frozen-at-epcot/

I would skip this in favor of almost any other breakfast option at Epcot, even if it is on the way to Norway.

The lack of indoor seating for breakfast

This is the reason they are doing it.

The line from Norway is probably going to be backed up past Mexico, so why not offer a breakfast to the people standing in line.

Marketing genius, then they don't have to worry about tables either because people won't get out of line to sit to eat and miss their turn!

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Is it just me, or are those fried eggs not cooked enough?

57 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Those look a good 30 seconds shy of sunny side at best, and I like my eggs runny.

What Mo said. I'll take mine over easy.