New Loop maps with numbers and sizes

On 2016-06-20 at 2:10 PM, halla said:

I know there are a few ways to figure out what loop you want etc... but the three loops we stay in usually are 600, 1200, 1300.  I wanted an overlay with the site number and sizes.  I borrowed the map from Touringplans and used the Fort Fiends app for the site sizes.  I thought if everything was on one page it might make it easier.  At this point I would have to wait for a future trip to layout more loops, if anyone would have an interest in a similar map for the loops.

Please let me know what you think, feedback is always great.  

Fort Wilderness 600 Loop Map.pdf

Fort Wilderness 1200 Loop Map.pdf

Fort Wilderness 1300 Loop Map.pdf

I love what you've done. I tried something similar myself using Google Maps and watching videos on YouTube to get down the site numbers as best I can with assistance from other forums as well from people who were there and could help me with numbering. I don't have site sizes though and look forward to seeing the 2100 Loop eventually done. Does anyone know when the mobile app will be updated? It would be great to even see the numbering of the cabins for those wishing to book 2 sites close to each other in different classes. Thanks.

This a great idea! 

The app is good to see the size and if its hard to get in, but that map is also good to see what the area looks like to get to the site.

Maybe on the next version of the app it will have a map of the sites as well? 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Strawberry Moon said:

Here are some other loop maps and campsite photos - but not in app form.

https://wildernessprincess.net/loop-site-details/

Wow...  there's a lot of detail on this site!  Awesome!

Whoever made this, needs to add that site 711 holds water on the pad when it rains (found this out on our last visit)

18 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow...  there's a lot of detail on this site!  Awesome!

Whoever made this, needs to add that site 711 holds water on the pad when it rains (found this out on our last visit)

We had a couple of sites flood in the 1500 loop.

One site I was out there in the rain using a frisbee to dig and toss water.  it was so bad they comped us a night.  The sites on either side didn't have any standing water.

After that trip I bought a small shovel.  Used on my next trip to dig a hole next to the timbers and under them to drain a lake that started to appear after a shower.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

We had a couple of sites flood in the 1500 loop.

One site I was out there in the rain using a frisbee to dig and toss water.  it was so bad they comped us a night.  The sites on either side didn't have any standing water.

After that trip I bought a small shovel.  Used on my next trip to dig a hole next to the timbers and under them to drain a lake that started to appear after a shower.

I remember you commenting on that trip.  No fun.

For this site, thankfully it only pooled up towards the front of the site (so not by the camper door)...but it was deep.  I tried several times to use a large squeegee to move it, but with the slop of the pad at that spot, it produced little to no results.  You simply had to wait for it to dry out.