Pirate Adventure Cruises

We are planning our trip for Halloween  week 2016 and my boys have decided they would like to take one of the Pirate Adventure Cruises.  Has anyone's kids taken these adventure cruises?  And if so, which one did they like best?

Disney's Pirate Adventure 
Crossing Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, this pirate cruise treats kids to a reading of "The Legend of Gasparilla"—a real Florida pirate. Departs from the Marina at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise 
Buccaneers sail the Ports of the Caribbean waters, as they hear the story of Old Port Royale and its pirate-laden past. Departs from Barefoot Bay Bike Works at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort.

Albatross Treasure Cruise 
Kids hear "The Legend of the Albatross" and search for pirate booty across Crescent Lake and Epcot park’s World Showcase Lagoon. Departs from Bayside Marina at Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort.

Bayou Pirate Adventure 
Sailing down the Sassagoula River, young scallywags listen to the legends surrounding Captain Jean Lafitte—one of the most infamous pirates ever to haunt the waters of New Orleans. Departs from the Fishin' Hole on Ol' Man Island at Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside.

I am getting a feeling that this adventure is not real popular.  :unsure:

Keep in mind it's something that not a lot of people do because it's not something I would suggest for a first or second visit. My son absolutely loved it and they fed him lunch. If you go online it gets great reviews.

We only have experience with the one from the grand Floridian. If Z ever does it again, we would do the one there again because it's more convenient to the fort. I doubt a lot of people have tried multiple locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Keep in mind it's something that not a lot of people do because it's not something I would suggest for a first or second visit. My son absolutely loved it and they fed him lunch. If you go online it gets great reviews.

We only have experience with the one from the grand Floridian. If Z ever does it again, we would do the one there again because it's more convenient to the fort. I doubt a lot of people have tried multiple locations.

Yeah, I was thinking the one from the Grand Floridian due to location.  Hoping to catch a lunch with the hubby while the kids are on cruise!

Yeah, I was thinking the one from the Grand Floridian due to location.  Hoping to catch a lunch with the hubby while the kids are on cruise!

When we did it, it was more like breakfast time. But exactly!!!! My mom got him that for his birthday, and it turned and also being a date for us.

16 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

When we did it, it was more like breakfast time. But exactly!!!! My mom got him that for his birthday, and it turned and also being a date for us.

Yeah!  It's so expensive to eat out with the kids.  Figured we can put the littles on a boat and go grab a fancy drink and some grub at Tambu Lounge at the Poly.

My grandkids have done the pirate cruise at the Grand Floridian twice and it was their favorite activity. It is the only extra activity that they have requested more than once.  Last summer, the parents all went to the Grand Floridian for brunch and were seated right behind Drew Bree's and his family...which was a high light for our son. Drew's grandfather was the coach with the most championship wins at our high school.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2016 at 1:04 PM, Lego Lima's said:

Yeah!  It's so expensive to eat out with the kids.  Figured we can put the littles on a boat and go grab a fancy drink and some grub at Tambu Lounge at the Poly.

We did this probably 7 or 8 years ago; our older kids did the pirate cruise (which they all loved) and we had a nice lunch with our youngest (who was maybe 2 at the time) at the GF.