Top Five Places for Evening Drinks and Desserts at WDW Parks

According to DisDining.com, here are your top five picks for evening indulgences at the parks.

http://www.disneydining.com/top-5-places-evening-drinks-desserts-walt-disney-world-parks/

France at night

Top 5 Places for Evening Drinks and Desserts at Walt Disney World Parks

Top 5 Places for Evening Drinks and Desserts at Walt Disney World Parks

By Cassie

Do you find yourself near the end of the night in a Disney Park being tired, but also not quite ready to call it a night? Maybe you are like me and you like to enjoy a drink and dessert to top it off before heading back to the resort?  This list is for you then because we found the best drinks and desserts you can pop in for before park close, no reservation needed.

5. Animal Kingdom, Dawa Bar & Kusafiri Coffee Shop, my favorite beverage here is the Sugar Cane Mojito, $9.75, made with Starr African Rum, sugar cane syrup, mint, lime and splash of club soda. It is cold, but not a frozen slushy drink, just perfect on warm Florida evenings.  No, the Dawa Bar does not serve dessert but they are right next door to Kusafiri Coffee Shop that does. The Dawa Bar and Kusafiri Coffee Shop share seating areas.  Kusafiri sells a delicious fresh brownie with chewy chocolate fudge topping called Brownie Paw $3.99. Purchase the Brownie first then hit Dawa because the bar is open later. Another great drink at Dawa is the Lost on Safari $7.75.

4. Magic Kingdom, Gaston’s Tavern-undoubtedly my favorite place for a late night drink and dessert in the Magic Kingdom.  I love LeFou’s Brew ($4.49 in regular glass or $9.99 in a souvenir Gaston stein or Belle goblet) and the giant, warm Cinnamon rolls $3.99, as well as the Chocolate Croissant $2.99 here. The cinnamon rolls are giant pillows of yummy warm dough and cinnamon drizzled with a sugary glaze. LeFou’s Brew is a frozen apple juice that has just enough toasted marshmallow flavor to taste and then topped with an all natural passion fruit and mango foam. Were you hoping for alcohol? Not in the Magic Kingdom without a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest.

3. Hollywood Studios, Tune-In Lounge, next to the 50’s Prime Time Café serves most of the menu from 50’s Prime Time Café in this Lounge.  Here you can sit and order without needing a reservation.  We enjoyed Dad’s Brownie Sundae $6.49  which is large enough for two, easily.  It is a large, fresh Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream, and topped with Hot Fudge, Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream, Cherry, Mickey Candy Sprinkles and M&M’s.  I also ordered the Mowie Wowie $10.75 which is a specialty cocktail including Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Crème de Cassis, Light Lemonade and Pineapple Juice.  It is fruity and is served with a light-up ice cube. The Pina CoLAVA $8.50 is also a great drink consisting of Bacardi Black Razz Rum blended with Pina Colada Mix and Raspberry Puree.  The Lounge has the same feel as the rest of the 50’s Prime Time Café with this being more the Living Room and the other dining areas more like the Kitchen.  You will see several old TV’s making up the back of the bar area and seating areas around it that look just like the living rooms I saw at my relatives houses in the 50’s and early 60’s.  It is pure retro fun!

2. Hollywood Studios, Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge-this is a great location and as long as the weather is good, it is the best outdoor spot for Drinks and Dessert without a reservation. (If there is rain then guests will be seated inside.)  This location is in the middle of the evening magic that happens at Hollywood Studios and both the dessert and drink selections are very good.  The drink menu is extensive complete with flights of: wine, beer, Grand Marnier, Scotch, Margaritas, even Martinis and of course beers and coffees, and you can order those signature classic Brown Derby Cocktails as well.  Desserts $9.00, are your choice of three mini desserts, how fun is that!  Choose from the following: Amaretto Flan and Opalus White Chocolate Whip with an Almond Cookie, Warm Blueberry Cobbler with Crème Fraiche and Orange Blossom Honey, and Chocolate Sphere with Hazelnut Praline Chocolate and Orange-White Chocolate Mousse, and mini Grapefruit Cake.  They are great accompanied by a nice dessert wine like the Italian Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto d’Acui $12.00.

1. France, Epcot-Thanks to the turn down for a dessert in the Rose & Crown Pub, and their direction to go to France, we found our number one destination for an evening drink and dessert without a reservation.  It is true that you can get great drinks and desserts in this pavilion in more than one place.  If you visit Les Halles de Boulangerie & Patisserie you can not only pick up a great drink and dessert, you can pick up pastries for breakfast tomorrow morning! We each enjoyed a French pastry and a glass of Chardonnay.  Be spontaneous and choose what looks good to you right then! They are all good! The Strawberry Smoothies, Hot Chocolate, and French Sodas are all great beverages too. We could have combined our great drink and great dessert goal at L’Artisan des Glaces by ordering an ice cream martini made with your choice of two scoops of ice cream or sorbet and your choice of Grand Marnier, Whipped Cream Vodka, or Rum served in a martini glass $11.50. The atmosphere of the France pavilion at night is so restful with the tiny tables, cobble stone alley, and the music playing,  it makes it a perfect location in which to wind down. If you are Chefs de France fans you will be glad to know the same Profiteroles with ice cream and the fresh sorbets are served in L’Artisan des Glaces, and the Mousse au Chocolat, Crème Brulee, Fresh Strawberry desserts, Orangina and Lorina are served in Les Halles, so you can enjoy these great items without a Chefs de France reservation.

If you find yourself yearning for drinks and desserts but not wanting to go into the parks I would also recommend two lounges that would not disappoint you: Territory Lounge-Wilderness Lodge resort, where you can order a drink and Artist Point Cobbler, which consists of flavorful seasonal berries and house-made black raspberry ice cream with a sugary crust, $11.00. This is especially great if you crave this classic dessert but do not have an Artist Point reservation.  The other location is the Tambu Lounge-Polynesian resort, where just recently we have been able to order the famous, and delicious,  ‘Ohana Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce.  Usually you would need a hard-to-get reservation at ‘Ohana to enjoy this great dessert but with all of the construction and changes going on at the Polynesian resort we are most grateful for this one. If you combined this with a Lapu Lapu specialty cocktail, served in a real pineapple, you will have no doubt you are on vacation!

On 6/25/2016 at 10:09 PM, AuburnJen said:

4. Magic Kingdom, Gaston’s Tavern-undoubtedly my favorite place for a late night drk and dessert in the Magic Kingdom.  I love LeFou’s Brew ($4.49 in regular glass or $9.99 in a souvenir Gaston stein or Belle goblet) and the giant, warm Cinnamon rolls $3.99, as well as the Chocolate Croissant $2.99 here. The cinnamon rolls are giant pillows of yummy warm dough and cinnamon drizzled with a sugary glaze and infused with the aromatic essence of smoky pork shank. LeFou’s Brew is a frozen apple juice that has just enough toasted marshmallow flavor to taste and then topped with an all natural passion fruit and mango foam. Were you hoping for alcohol? Not in the Magic Kingdom without a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest.

DisDining missed one small detail, which I've corrected above.   

On 6/25/2016 at 11:45 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Too bad they're wrong. Trader Sam's should be on this list. They don't have desserts, but it's the best bar at WDW. 

Agreed!! And those pork tacos are delicious any time. 

On 6/25/2016 at 11:53 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Ahh but it says at the parks. Thats not at a park. 

Well true... but it's kind of a theme park all on its own.  ;)

21 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

The Tune In lounge is always mobbed.

Yeah, the word has apparently gotten out.  There was a time you could wander in and find a seat without much trouble, especially outside of regular meal times.  These days not so much.

From what I've been reading, Tiffin's Nomad Lounge at AK may prove to be the awesomest bar/lounge in all of WDW - even just for atmosphere alone. 

On June 25, 2016 at 11:00 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Ok true, but they name some outside the parks at the end. And Tutto Gusto deserves a spot, certainly over Gaston's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - we love that place - and I think of Gaston's as essentially a fast food spot.

4 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Agreed!! And those pork tacos are delicious any time. 

Well true... but it's kind of a theme park all on its own.  ;)

Yeah, the word has apparently gotten out.  There was a time you could wander in and find a seat without much trouble, especially outside of regular meal times.  These days not so much.

From what I've been reading, Tiffin's Nomad Lounge at AK may prove to be the awesomest bar/lounge in all of WDW - even just for atmosphere alone. 

I think the problem is that they always have so many people waiting for 50's Prime Time now. They naturally grab a drink while they wait. 

2 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I think the problem is that they always have so many people waiting for 50's Prime Time now. They naturally grab a drink while they wait. 

Yeah, that's the bulk of who seem to be in there.  If you see a family sitting at the bar with just drinks, hover.  Chances are they're just waiting to be called for dinner.  ;)