Your favorite shoes for the parks?

Yes, I know good athletic shoes (tennies) are probably best, and I will pack my New Balance, but in the heat of summer, I can't stand my feet being so enclosed,  even here in Wisconsin. So I plan to get a new pair of Teva sandals (break them in a little, if necessary ) before our trip. They have great support for my "weird" feet, can get wet, have good tread. Anyone else love their sandals for lots of walking?

I had a really hard time finding shoes I could walk miles in in the parks, and then I found Orthoheel (now Vionic) sandals - specifically the flip flops.

http://www.vionicshoes.com/

Sounds crazy I know, but I had big problems with my legs, back and heels before, and I've walked 8 miles through the parks in a day in these without any trouble.  I even wore them for the 24 hour event where we did 4 parks and alllllll 24 hours.

The arch/heel support is great (for me at least), although if you need any sort of ankle support, they're probably not going to cut it.

I'm on my 2nd pair - they hold up really well, but eventually the heels start to compress a bit.  That said, my current "worn out" pair probably has at least 50 walking miles on them - much of it at WDW.  :)

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

All of my daughters swear by Chacos as well.

I don't own a pair yet, but I'm thinking about getting a pair for myself.  They seem to be very durable and comfortable.

TCD

I love mine.  After baby #2, my feet got to the point where they hurt all the time.  Even good tennis shoes didn't make the difference.  I was actually as The Fort and asked a gal about her shoes...they were Chacos and well, the rest is history;)  

They have amazing arch support.  They take a couple of weeks to break in.  I purchased my first pair at REI as they said they'd take them back (up to a year after the purchase, even if I wore them).   Honestly, I probably wear them 360 days a year.

I swear by Teva walking sandals myself. Over the years, I've had 4 pairs of Teva Doziers. Loved them! In the winter wore socks with them, but in the summer comfortable enought to wear without socks. When the last pair wore out, couldn't find another pair, they've discontinued them. I tried a pair of Merrils after that, hated them. On the way home from Women's weekend, stopped at a big shoe place, and I now have a different model of a Teva walking sandal. The jury is still out on that pair, we shall see soon.

Rick also bought me a pair of Clark shoes. They are a bit dressier, but I've found I can wear them without socks, and they are amazingly comfortable, so I've been wearing those alot for everyday. The Tevas will be my theme park/camping shoes.

I only wear flip flops, unless it's cold. Most of mine are reefs. But then again maybe I shouldn't be answering this as I have had CM'S ask me to put my shoes back on to leave the park. If I could go barefoot everywhere I would.

One tip if you get sandals is to try them out wet before committing to a day in the parks with them. Make sure they have a decent grip and your feet don't slide all over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well,ladies, nothing says comfort at a Disney Park like a pair of stilettos.  

I have worn crocs for years at the hospital and my office.  Tried sneakers for a while but I have knee issues.  Crocs do the trick if you have to stand on a tile floor all day.  As far as the parks, though, I am a Teva sandal man.   Re. The stilettos, I swear every trip I will see someone walking around the parks in them.

On 6/30/2016 at 5:34 PM, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

One tip if you get sandals is to try them out wet before committing to a day in the parks with them. Make sure they have a decent grip and your feet don't slide all over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good advice!  The one problem I had when I used to wear Crocs is almost breaking my neck in them when it was wet and I'd walk onto a smooth surface.

On 7/3/2016 at 6:33 AM, ftwildernessguy said:

Re. The stilettos, I swear every trip I will see someone walking around the parks in them.

Every. Single. Time.  It's madness I tell ya!

Athletic/running shoes make my feet really tired after like an hour, so I usually wear Sanuk flip flops. Have worn Croc flips and just got some Olukais that I would definitely wear.

I have some friends and relatives that swear by Chacos but I have never tried any on.

On July 5, 2016 at 10:08 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Good advice!  The one problem I had when I used to wear Crocs is almost breaking my neck in them when it was wet and I'd walk onto a smooth surface.

Every. Single. Time.  It's madness I tell ya!

Watch out for painted surfaces like crossing zones, road stripes, when it's wet and wearing Crocs or other smooth bottomed shoes.  I've done some amazing acrobatic moves hitting them in my Crocs.  I now take it really slow.

I love Crocs and have almost exclusively wore them for the last 6 years or so.  But I agree when the bottom tread wears off they can be very slippery on smooth surfaces.  I also have trouble when my feet get wet and have to walk up and down the many places at WDW where there are hills or ramps.  I have broken more than one pair by having my foot slide out of a wet shoe while on a ramp.  Now that I live in east Tennessee, when the wet Fall and Winter months come around I will have to find some other outdoor footwear.  But I do have a fur lined pair of Cros for inside.