So

Im making a full hook up site at my home. Already ran 50amp service. This week Im going to lay pipe and connect the sewer and water. Anyone ever done this and, if so what type of trap did you use to keep sewer gases from come back. Im thinking of doing a P style trap in 4 inch pipe I think it would work. it is a 4 foot grade down hill from where the campsite is the the sewer so no issues as far as space for the trap 

Thanks

I have a site at my house, but it is mostly a dry site.  I fill the freshwater tank, although I could attach a hose to the city water connection just as easily if I want.  I have 40 feet of sewer hose to dump the black and grey tanks into the outside house cleanout sewer connection.  The hardest part was getting the cap off the cleanout, since it hadn't been opened in 50 years.  I sprayed the edge of the cap everyday for a week with wd40, then used a big adjustable wrench with an18 inch long handle for leverage.  Stood on the wrench and tapped the handle a few times lightly with a 16lb sledge to loosen it.  Saved the cap and works like a dream now.

The majority of products are now formaldehyde free. Also RID-X  is making an RV product available at Wally World and Amazon which we have used. Not because of a septic tank but the enzyme digesters make sense.

With that said, the reason most campgrounds had septic trouble with formaldehyde products was the shear volume being dumped into the system at one time when campers left. From everything I've read small amounts really have no adverse affect.

Hurry  up and get it done I need a cheap place to stop when coming down I-65...:lol:

20 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

The majority of products are now formaldehyde free. Also RID-X  is making an RV product available at Wally World and Amazon which we have used. Not because of a septic tank but the enzyme digesters make sense.

With that said, the reason most campgrounds had septic trouble with formaldehyde products was the shear volume being dumped into the system at one time when campers left. From everything I've read small amounts really have no adverse affect.

Hurry  up and get it done I need a cheap place to stop when coming down I-65...:lol:

Thanks for the info.  And for you and Grandma, the only price of admission is that you have to be my happy hour bartender.  :D

I will be staying this weekend at the Northern Annex of the 3000 loop.  I just have to go out and buy a bunch of cheap booze.

21 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Will be doing this soon at the new house. Water is there just need electric run and probably won't do sewer would to much of a chore.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I only put one in because my trailer parking area is 10 feet and the ground a foot higher from the main line going into the septic tank. That gives me about a 2 foot drop from the inlet to where I intersect the drain line which made it pretty easy to dig with a shovel. 

I only put one in because my trailer parking area is 10 feet and the ground a foot higher from the main line going into the septic tank. That gives me about a 2 foot drop from the inlet to where I intersect the drain line which made it pretty easy to dig with a shovel. 

That makes it much easier. I figure if I need to dump after coming back from somewhere or if someone is staying I'll get some extra hose or just back it up to the clean out which is in front of the house.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies, Im doing this mostly so I don't have to flush the tanks until I get home from trips. Ill still dump the heavy load (if you will) at the campgrounds but then flush out the tanks at home. It will also be nice to use it fully at home if we get a bunch of guests at one time.