New Emails Surface Regarding Alligator Attack. Firefighters were told to stop feeding the gators

15 hours ago, DramaMama .......... Janet said:

I got so frustrated with people feeding the ducks while waiting out the lightning delay to watch Illuminations.  Hard time explaining to my kids why they could not/should not join in with EVERYBODY around them feeding the wildlife.  That was the night before the attack at GF.

I think that is how the last gator WDW attack occurred in the mid-80's. A boy was feeding the ducks near the water. A gator seeing a duck dinner missed the ducks and caught the boy instead. He survived as I recall. 

• 2 weeks later...
On July 14, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Amen to that.

And while we are at it, if any of you feed the squirrels at the Fort, please don't.

Those damned tree rats have gotten bold, and come up to campsites, and on to picnic tables looking for human food.

There are signs everywhere saying not to do it, but every trip, I see knuckleheads doing it.

Please don't.

TCD

A few years back I had one come right up to me and stand on my hand even though I didn't have any food.