I tried to find the Disney Parks Blog post referenced but it didn't come up.  This is from Blog Mickey...

First look at the new AbracadaBar at Disney’s BoardWalk

The Disney Parks Blog shared some new pics from the yet-to-be-opened AbracadaBar at Disney’s Boardwalk.

abracadabar-1abracadabar-2

Here’s the story behind the bar.

As the story goes, this little lounge was a former stomping ground for the famous magicians, boardwalk illusionists, and lovely magician’s assistants of the Golden Age. After a show, prestidigitators would gather to “conjure” up new cocktails, swap magic tips and tricks, and stay up all night attempting to “out-charm” each other with their extraordinary illusions. According to BoardWalk lore, it was on just such an evening that every single magician in the lounge vanished into thin air, and was never seen again …

Now, after sitting vacant for nearly seventy years, the secret magician’s lounge is now back in the spotlight and making its world debut as “AbracadaBar.”

Once inside, guests will get a special peek at the sophisticated social club of some of the most famous illusionists of the 20th century. While it’s rumored that the magicians who frequented the lounge vanished without a trace decades ago, their magic still remains strongly intact, and can be seen, heard, and savored in the bar’s signature cocktails. From its enchanted magic show posters and mystifying mirrors, to vintage props and tricks left behind years ago, AbracadaBar promises to be just as surprising and magical as its name suggests.

It sounds like it has the potential to be a hot spot on the Boardwalk! I would love to see the type of immersion we get at Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian. While we still don’t have an opening date for the bar, we’re excited for this location and will update you here when an opening date becomes available.

http://blogmickey.com/2016/07/first-look-new-abracadabar-disneys-boardwalk/

A bit more info from the Disney Food Blog...

Sneak Peek: Take a Look Inside the Upcoming AbracadaBar on Disney’s Boardwalk

Earlier this month, signs for the upcoming AbracadaBar appeared on Disney’s Boardwalk…

AbracadaBar sign

Though the building itself is still surrounded by construction walls, Disney has provided a small glimpse of the inside.

AbracadaBar Coming to Disney World's Boardwalk

Just a few details, really, but enough to make us even more excited for the opening of this magical cocktail lounge! (By the way, no official opening date has been announced as of yet, but signs currently point to somewhere around August 14th in conjunction with the anticipated reopening of the Flying Fish located right next door.)

The dark wood bar surrounded by walls covered with ornately patterned wallpaper will transport guests back to circa mid-1940s… to the night 70 years ago when a group of Boardwalk magicians, illusionists, and magician’s assistants visiting the social club vanished into thin air, leaving only their magic in the air behind them, which guests will experience when they visit the bar and try the “Enchanting Elixirs” and “Curious Concoctions” that the magicians themselves conjured up in the Golden Age.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/07/20/sneak-peek-take-a-look-inside-the-upcoming-abracadabar-on-disneys-boardwalk

Nice, but I still miss the days when you could go to the Settlement trading Post, order a couple of sandwiches freshly made from the deli along with giant pickles and decent salads, grab a $1.25 can of beer a couple of sodas, and go down to Clementine's Beach and enjoy a picnic lunch while the kids played on the beach and in the water.

Probably 1 drink at this new place costs more than our entire meals used to.

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

Nice, but I still miss the days when you could go to the Settlement trading Post, order a couple of sandwiches freshly made from the deli along with giant pickles and decent salads, grab a $1.25 can of beer a couple of sodas, and go down to Clementine's Beach and enjoy a picnic lunch while the kids played on the beach and in the water.

Probably 1 drink at this new place costs more than our entire meals used to.

Yep!

15 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

This does look like it will be a cool place, if it's like Trader Sams.

How do we go about getting a bar like Trader Sams modeled after the Haunted Mansion?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would love that. I guess you'd know you had too much to drink if a ghost rode home with you. 

Disney Food Blog has a review with lots of photos.  Looks like a fun place with some delicious cocktails that you're not going to find on every other Disney bar menu.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/07/24/first-look-and-review-the-new-abracadabar-on-disney-worlds-boardwalk/

• 1 year later...

Haven't heard a lot about this place in the last year.  We have almost no dining reservations for our long stay this fall, but we do have a bar/lounge/eats list going and this just jumped up a few notches.  Excerpt from review by DFB...

Eats

The drinks at Abracadabar are dubbed “Curious Cocktails,” and their names alone give you all kinds of Houdini vibes. We’ve really enjoyed Pepper’s Ghost on a past visit.

Curious Cocktails menu closeup

Curious Cocktails menu closeup

On this visit, I went for The Sour Assistant, which “does all of the work, but gets none of the credit!” The components are fairly straightforward: Breuckelen Distilling 77 Whiskey and House-made Sweet-and-Sour. But the combination is smooth and powerful.

The Sour Assistant

The Sour Assistant

How cool are all those cocktail picks/magician’s swords sticking into the garnish? Just like knives in a box.

The app options at Abracadabar are creative, too, plus they’re tasty. But if you’re looking for a little more, you’ll find a few choices on the appetizer menu — these are mostly from the app menu at Flying Fish, FYI.

Abracadabar Eats

Abracadabar Eats

With so many interesting choices, I went with the spiciest-sounding bite of the bunch: Thrice Spiced Fries. I figured heat + cheese + sriracha couldn’t really fail. And I was correct. These thick-cut French Fries are stacked artfully, then covered in tangy Sriracha Aioli, crumbled Feta Cheese, and loads of chopped Parsley. And they are AWESOME!

Thrice Spiced Fries

Thrice Spiced Fries

The spices on the fries themselves were mildly hot (and well-balanced), but the addition of Sriracha Aioli put these over the top. The Feta had a nice cooling effect. Overall, these were terrific bar food and a must-eat as far as I’m concerned!

Full article - http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/09/10/review-abracadabar-spiced-fries-seriously-get-these/

I grabbed a drink there at the end of August. I had the Pepper's Ghost and although it was OK I would order something different the next time.

Bad picture of Pepper's Ghost:

WNfx1Cq.jpg

The table beside me had the absinthe drink and said it was VERY strong. And yes, the one drink I had sure didn't come cheap.

Here's a bit of the drink list.

HLLFlyj.jpg

I was there alone and suspect I would have enjoyed the theming more if I'd sat at the bar.

Be sure to make note of the posters on the wall and check them often!

pl5nOJF.jpg

Also note that the photo booths on the boardwalk are free if you have PhotoPass. Just zap your MagicBand!

On 9/15/2017 at 0:16 PM, wendinator said:

I grabbed a drink there at the end of August. I had the Pepper's Ghost and although it was OK I would order something different the next time.

Bad picture of Pepper's Ghost:

WNfx1Cq.jpg

The table beside me had the absinthe drink and said it was VERY strong. And yes, the one drink I had sure didn't come cheap.

Here's a bit of the drink list.

HLLFlyj.jpg

I was there alone and suspect I would have enjoyed the theming more if I'd sat at the bar.

Be sure to make note of the posters on the wall and check them often!

pl5nOJF.jpg

Also note that the photo booths on the boardwalk are free if you have PhotoPass. Just zap your MagicBand!

Very cool - thanks!!

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

We had a couple of drinks there a month or two ago.  We enjoyed it, but definitely not cheap.  The mirror near the bathrooms is interesting for sure.

Yeah we figured this would be a fun "couple of drinks + apps and call it dinner" place for us.

Drinks at Disney can definitely blow your budget!

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Very cool - thanks!!

Yeah we figured this would be a fun "couple of drinks + apps and call it dinner" place for us.

Drinks at Disney can definitely blow your budget!

That's what we did - drinks and an app - hubby had the Parlour Trick and I had the Magic Mirror, with an order of the fries -  and yes expensive but quite fun to watch the animations that happen inside the bar.  Unfortunately we were there right at 5 and we decided that it would be better after dark if there wasn't so much light coming in from outside.  Still fun though.

But, as with many things Disney once at that price was enough!  LOL - much like Trader Sam's, one's wallet can only take so many hits!

14 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

That's what we did - drinks and an app - hubby had the Parlour Trick and I had the Magic Mirror, with an order of the fries -  and yes expensive but quite fun to watch the animations that happen inside the bar.  Unfortunately we were there right at 5 and we decided that it would be better after dark if there wasn't so much light coming in from outside.  Still fun though.

But, as with many things Disney once at that price was enough!  LOL - much like Trader Sam's, one's wallet can only take so many hits!

Agreed!  We've managed to finagle the ability to be at the Fort for a good long chunk of time this year, but that also means there will be a much tighter food/beverage budget.  I'm ok with that, but we'll be picking and choosing our dining out splurging accordingly - only super fun and/or super delicious places will be on the list. 

Good to know about it being better after dark - will make a note.  :)