WDW removed handles on the refillable mugs. WHY?

According to Chip and Co, this happened today and the rest of the mugs that have handles will be removed by the end of the week.  I happen to like the handles, but which I attach them to my bag.  WHAT GIVES??????

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-world-removes-handles-resort-mugs-245097/

received_10154426404427704-292x500.jpeg

photo credit: ChipandCo.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you stopped to consider the possibility that the poor 23 year old WDW Purchasing Clerk who placed the last order for 250,000 refillable mugs accidentally forgot to check the "Handle" box on the o

They needed the extra plastic for alligator fence installation 

They should have never assumed that the hospital accounting intern knew the difference between oral and rectal thermometers!   

Posted Images

I am just growling.  This means I have to carry a bigger bag.  We like to take our mugs to MK and then take a break and ride the monorail and visit the resorts and get drinks as we visit and get a snack.  I already haul enough around and it was really easy to clip them onto the bag.  Now they will have to go inside.  I have priced out those exact cups for FF.  The difference between the handle and not having the handle is nominal, trust me.  There has to be another reason.

I am just growling.  This means I have to carry a bigger bag.  We like to take our mugs to MK and then take a break and ride the monorail and visit the resorts and get drinks as we visit and get a snack.  I already haul enough around and it was really easy to clip them onto the bag.  Now they will have to go inside.  I have priced out those exact cups for FF.  The difference between the handle and not having the handle is nominal, trust me.  There has to be another reason.

They save a nominal amount, charge the same price and make it a little more inconvenient so maybe people don't refill them as much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I use the mugs every morning for my cup of coffee, seriously the kids know to be quiet until the cup is out of my hand.  Since I use it every day I had one break the handle so I pulled it off.  I do prefer the handless for the car, but its not that big of a difference.  Maybe its a way to change up the loo without the scene being redone? Its seems every few years the Disney regulars are griping for a new design and this may be a way to add something new without the cost of changing the print.

Let's see, it's cheaper to make and let's think about it, .02 cheaper times a bazillion mugs adds up. And it's harder to now take multiple mugs for refills (we would send 1 person with 4 mugs) so that's now harder which possibly means less refills for us if we are being lazy, so that's another small fraction saved times how many people?:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they took them off because they were worried they were going to be used as weapons, lol.

I am still growling.  We really like to get the mugs because we use them and get our money's worth from them.  (In Disney dollars),so the fact they are now more inconvenient makes me grumble.  

14 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

The started last week actually. One plus I hear from a bunch of people on it is that it will fit in car cup holders better now and for those that put them in a back pack they will take up less space. 

What about us old farts that don't want to take a backpack huh huh huh? ;)

1 minute ago, AuburnJen said:

What about us old farts that don't want to take a backpack huh huh huh? ;)

Just now, AuburnJen said:

Uh huh, just give me my handles and get off my lawn!   ;)

From the sounds of things you wont be around much longer to skew the curve anyway...... :-D