WDW removed handles on the refillable mugs. WHY?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you stopped to consider the possibility that the poor 23 year old WDW Purchasing Clerk who placed the last order for 250,000 refillable mugs accidentally forgot to check the "Handle" box on the o

They needed the extra plastic for alligator fence installation 

They should have never assumed that the hospital accounting intern knew the difference between oral and rectal thermometers!   

Posted Images

12 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Just give me the RFID reader so I can reprogram the SOB and I will be just fine, lol.  That way I wouldn't give a darn if it had a lid, handle or whatever. lol

humm, I bet WDW is using common RFID setups, i should be able to copy one of my mugs at home to a blank rfid tag.

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Have you stopped to consider the possibility that the poor 23 year old WDW Purchasing Clerk who placed the last order for 250,000 refillable mugs accidentally forgot to check the "Handle" box on the order form? 

Sounds like some old memories are coming back to haunt you ;)

11 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

They should have never assumed that the hospital accounting intern knew the difference between oral and rectal thermometers!   

A few years ago, Hillsborough County ordered guard rails.

Clerk thought they were ordering 10,000 feet of railing, they ended up ordering 10,000 pieces.

They had enough railing to last them 20 years.

17 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

17 hours ago, Travisma said:

A few years ago, Hillsborough County ordered guard rails.

Clerk thought they were ordering 10,000 feet of railing, they ended up ordering 10,000 pieces.

They had enough railing to last them 20 years.

:lol:

We have a "handle less" mug from Typhoon Lagoon from about 10 to 12 years ago...  Received it "free" just for turning in our towels that we rented at the end of the day...  It's the same style and size as the current handled mugs.   It even has a "pleather" like cover that slips over the body of the mug with Typhoon Lagoon stamped on it.

As for the new mugs, we can go either way...  As any good husband would say: "I have no opinion" 

Disney either didn't give it much thought, after all a mug is a mug, or they had 30 research panels that said no handle is best.

I'm guessing they did studies, saw that (like Beckers said) 1 person could carry multiple mugs with handles for refills, and decided they were losing $ because everyone wasn't walking to the refill station then looking at the food menu and doing an impulse buy.

I do find it easier to use the water bottle that sits in a holder outside of my insulated back pack, then digging out the ones that are inside, so I can see where clipping them outside saves time and space.

So what are they calling these containers now?

According to Merriam Webster, Dictionary.com, the Cambridge English Dictionary, the Oxford dictionary, and the Collins Dictionary, a mug has a handle.  Therefore they are no longer mugs.

29 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

According to Merriam Webster, Dictionary.com, the Cambridge English Dictionary, the Oxford dictionary, and the Collins Dictionary, a mug has a handle.  Therefore they are no longer mugs.

You make a very good point!

TCD

33 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Disneys Multi Purpose Utility Container Type MM

Yesterday, we were at Art of Animation and All Star Movies.  In both cases, we went to the food courts.  Every well stocked shelf of mugs I could see had ONLY mugs with handles.  There were no signs of mugs without handles at either resort, whether it was in the food court itself, or in the gift shops where they were also for sale.

Perhaps it is actually a mistake in ordering.  Time will tell I guess.

33 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

Yesterday, we were at Art of Animation and All Star Movies.  In both cases, we went to the food courts.  Every well stocked shelf of mugs I could see had ONLY mugs with handles.  There were no signs of mugs without handles at either resort, whether it was in the food court itself, or in the gift shops where they were also for sale.

Perhaps it is actually a mistake in ordering.  Time will tell I guess.

Interesting.

This reminds me of the time that someone at Fort Wilderness ordered golf carts with yellow blinking lights on the roof.  It was a mistake, but everyone jumped to the conclusion that they were intentionally changing the golf carts. Those golf carts quickly disappeared.

TCD

13 hours ago, articfox676 said:

As we age our grip isn't what it use to be. The mug is slick and the handle is easier to hold onto.

That's more than a little depressing.

On a more positive note, all complimentary Kungaloosh mugs for guests staying in the 3000 loop will still have 2 handles and, as always, the sippy cup lids.  

10 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

On a more positive note, all complimentary Kungaloosh mugs for guests staying in the 3000 loop will still have 2 handles and, as always, the sippy cup lids.  

Does it include free refills for length of stay?