16 minutes ago, Specularius said:

20 minutes is my rule of thumb. That is approximately 2/3rds of a wash cycle. They should have been there by that time.

I always set a timer on my watch for 25 minutes so I get back to the washer just about the time the spin cycle ends. 

Agreed.

And what Dave said.  :)

If i see someone load up a washer and walk away, I take their stuff out and put mine in.  Saves me the money.  :lol: just kidding... or am I B)

I would take someones laundry out and put it in a cart or on top of a broken washer.  I dont leave the general area when I'm doing laundry

I always hang out at the laundry area.  When somebody leaves their wash unattended, off come the skivies.   Free laundry!

I would wait 10 minutes at the most. I also set a timer just in case I get busy and forget to come back. If those people don't, they're the ones with bad etiquette. Last spring break (Camp Gulf in FL) someone left 2 dryers full for a long time and I was getting ready to just dump them in a cart, but this other lady decided to fold it for them. The lady finally came in like 40 minutes after I got there (who knows how long they were stopped). She looked a little confused for a sec, then grabbed her stacks of folded laundry and left without saying a word.