The nerve of these people, this is so friggin wrong!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just two words for this.  Starlight Mints.

This kind of begs the question, how many big bags of Halloween candy should I buy at Costco before we get to the Fort? I thought about sending the DW out in costume to trick or treat and use her loot

it was me.... she wanted to know the site/ sites that things were posted on so i took numerous screen shots and sent them to her after our conversation, I also talked to her about the pool being use

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's always been that way.  I never understood the point of having guests register in the first place.  If you want to hand out candy, you set up at the end of your site, and the trick-or-treaters stop by.  Nobody knocks on camper doors.

TCD

Yep - this.

We just returned from a week at the Fort. Loved the decorations. A few observations.

I would not hand out candy on Halloween night if I were staying the night. We would just walk around looking at decorations. I did not drive 12 hrs and pay hundreds to hand out candy gratis. I wouldn't do it at a hotel, so I likewise wouldn't do it at a campground.

My children are grown. Given that they would likely have been in school, I guess that is why we never went for Halloween. If we had gone for Halloween, I would have made it clear we would not be trick or treating. If they wanted to trick or treat, we would just stay home and do the neighborhood.

Most of the kids we saw last week were preschoolers. Almost no school age kids were at the campground. Me thinks that if ya'll see a bunch of school age kids Halloween night, they are not registered guests.

That is news to me that non_paying folks crash the pool area. The pool was only 25% utilized as I observed from our campsite.

We often drive to other resorts to visit the gift shops, grab a meal. We love to drop in on Beaches and Cream to get a snack at the counter (no reservations). The parking lot guard asked if we had reservations, scanned our fast pass showing we were resort guests, and let us proceed into the parking lot. It was mentioned that WDW was soon to charge a $25 valet parking fee for the Boardwalk and Yacht Club parking lot if one did not have dining reservations. Time will tell if they institute.

Can't wait to go back.

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

Welcome and good first post.  The $25 fee has been mentioned for a while, not sure if they are enforcing it on non resort guests, or just haven't started it.

Yesterday, the Boardwalk was allowing parking for reservations only or the $25 valet parking.  Now that may end after Food and Wine.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

Yesterday, the Boardwalk was allowing parking for reservations only or the $25 valet parking.  Now that may end after Food and Wine.

When we checked into the Beach Club 2 Saturdays ago they had the "you can only park here with a reservation" sign out. I didn't notice if it mentioned valet or not.

But again... Food & Wine.

12 hours ago, Vjstangelo said:

We just returned from a week at the Fort. Loved the decorations. A few observations.

I would not hand out candy on Halloween night if I were staying the night. We would just walk around looking at decorations. I did not drive 12 hrs and pay hundreds to hand out candy gratis. I wouldn't do it at a hotel, so I likewise wouldn't do it at a campground.

My children are grown. Given that they would likely have been in school, I guess that is why we never went for Halloween. If we had gone for Halloween, I would have made it clear we would not be trick or treating. If they wanted to trick or treat, we would just stay home and do the neighborhood.

Most of the kids we saw last week were preschoolers. Almost no school age kids were at the campground. Me thinks that if ya'll see a bunch of school age kids Halloween night, they are not registered guests.

That is news to me that non_paying folks crash the pool area. The pool was only 25% utilized as I observed from our campsite.

We often drive to other resorts to visit the gift shops, grab a meal. We love to drop in on Beaches and Cream to get a snack at the counter (no reservations). The parking lot guard asked if we had reservations, scanned our fast pass showing we were resort guests, and let us proceed into the parking lot. It was mentioned that WDW was soon to charge a $25 valet parking fee for the Boardwalk and Yacht Club parking lot if one did not have dining reservations. Time will tell if they institute.

Can't wait to go back.

You should see the crowds in the pool during the summer, even more so on weekends, and on holidays you could walk across the pool from head to head without getting wet.

11 hours ago, Travisma said:

Welcome and good first post.  The $25 fee has been mentioned for a while, not sure if they are enforcing it on non resort guests, or just haven't started it.

They are only enforcing it on holiday weekends so far that I have seen.  Last New Years I know they were because I didn't pay it and went somewhere else.

14 hours ago, Vjstangelo said:

We must be at a different FORT than you went to.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yeah, I'm with Big Tom on this one.

Guests of other resorts who show up to trick-or-treat at the Fort are huge freeloaders. It's the same as when people show up in other neighborhoods to trick-or-treat.  To me, the deal with Halloween is that there's an implied agreement that you are being a good neighbor by generously giving out treats to your neighbors.  It's not a free for all.

As I said earlier, it isn't as big a deal as it's being made out to be.  It's very simple to sit in your camper and ignore the whole thing if that's what you want to do. Nobody will knock on your door and bother you.  But, the part that bothers me is that I'd like to give out nice treats to my fellow campers- not a bunch of brats belonging to the Mommy Bloggers group or a carload of kids from the All Star Resorts.

TCD

I agree, TCD. I know what they say about assuming things but...I do assume that the folks coming to my campsite to ToT are also staying at the campsites and are my neighbors while at the Fort. Otherwise, the ratio of overall Disney Resort guests to Fort guests would just be crazy! There is a different atmopshere at the Fort, that's why we all choose to stay there. The idea of me hauling my family to the Contemporary because I heard that the third floor was going to ToT amongst themselves wouldn't make any sense.

59 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

For those at the Fort right now, did Disney ever institute any controls or help out with ToT?  Does it appear that outside groups made it in or does it seem like the issue never came to fruition?

ToT is tonight

3 hours ago, djsamuel said:

For those at the Fort right now, did Disney ever institute any controls or help out with ToT?  Does it appear that outside groups made it in or does it seem like the issue never came to fruition?

Based on the amount of people who are parked in overflow, overflow for the overflow and the third station parking for overflow in the main entrance area where the hitch/unhitch area is, I would say that is an emphatic no.

I am now going to edit my statement since SuperGeek has come back from the bikebarn.  Seems that they are now checking magicbands in order to trickortreat.  I am in awe.

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

We must be at a different FORT than you went to.

Same here.  Maybe they were only at places where there were preschoolers.  In fact, I have seen fewer preschoolers this weekend than I have ever seen, but perspective is everything.  Having a middle schooler/almost high schooler makes my eyes see a different spectrum I guess.  Funny how that goes...