Down to the final packing. We are shoving off tomorrow morning around 8-9am. When packing I started thinking about my Tiki Table Torches since they were on the shelf to pack. Does anyone know if we are allowed to use these Tiki Table Torches at the fort? They are about 6 inches tall and we fill them with a bug repel fuel they make that keeps pretty much anything away. We have never had an issue with them elsewhere (including national parks) but was curious if they were allowed at the fort. Last time we used some citronella candles and they worked ok and they didn't say anything to us. However these seem to last longer and keep bugs further away.

http://www.tikibrand.com/on-the-table/table-torches/royal-polynesian-table-torch.html

Thanks,

Ryan

• 4 years later...

Hey, with all of the "contraband" fire pits that I witnessed the other week when we were down there, I doubt you would have any problems...

If someone asks, just tell them you have COVID repellent in the torches...

On 11/25/2020 at 11:06 AM, Duane said:

Hey, with all of the "contraband" fire pits that I witnessed the other week when we were down there, I doubt you would have any problems...

If someone asks, just tell them you have COVID repellent in the torches...

Wait, you need a specific fire pit? :rolleyes:

Last time we were in the 1500 loop over a year ago, one site had a mound of wood piled up in the middle of the site with flames about 10 feet tall.