OK  This last trip with the hybrid, that I love, has taught Bill and me that setting up and taking down has become too much like work.  It's not fun anymore.  Old bodies will do that, I guess...get tired.  So with that said, we have been looking at trailers at several different dealers, starting while we were still in PA.  We have come up with a list of what we want/like and have our eyes on a Denali Lite 2371RB.  We have seen so many and I've fallen in love with a couple of them, but this one seems to fit our list pretty well.  Big Problem.  One of the salesmen at Lazydays  RV near Tampa, told us they no longer carry any Thor products because of problems with the units and getting them repaired.  Denali is made by Thor.

Any fiend out there with first hand knowledge of problems with Denali travel trailers and getting work done on them?

The dealer we found the Denali at is General RV also near Tampa a few miles from Lazy Days.  Has anyone dealt with them?

So Lazy Days no longer carries Airstream?  That's hard to imagine.

After seeing what you went through closing the hybrid up at WWW last year, I understand why you and Bill want a change.  Have you considered a motorhome?  Maybe a Class B or C?

I have no knowledge of Denali, but the floorplan looks great.

Gwen, we don't want the motor home because of the need to pull a car, rent a car, have friends/relatives haul us around or use the MH  to get around town.

At least that is our reasoning and it seems more like 'camping' with the smaller trailer.  That was the biggest reason I like hybrids, the tent ends.  But still having the blessing of a bathroom inside.

"So Lazy Days no longer carries Airstream?  That's hard to imagine"

They still have a huge inventory and two of them I love.  A Winnie trailer and a Grand Design.  They are beautiful and the steps into the GD are so different and sturdy it was very easy to walk up them.  But much as I love them, they are too fancy for our way of camping.  We don't even live that fancy in our home.  Still, I loved them.

I have no experience with the TT you are looking at, BUT, on a trip a few years ago we had several systems on our 5th fail (Fridge, AC unit).  General RV was the only location near to where we were.  I called them around 4pm to see if we could get it in for service sometime in the next week.  The Service Center Rep told me to have it there at 9am tomorrow and they would assess the situation and see what they could do.  

We were there at 8:45, the service writer came out looked at the camper said the fridge and AC would be easier to replace than trouble shoot and had them swapped out before close that day and did it all under warranty.  

Now, we were not in peak travel season, and this was the location in Canton Ohio.  So take that for what its worth.

If Lazy Days is no longer carrying any RV lines made by Thor, they won't be carrying much.  Just recently Thor acquired Jayco, so that added Jayco and Starcraft to their stable.  Thor is the largest manufacturer of RVs, and sooner or later if you stay in the RV game long enough, you probably will own one.

Like that floor plan. At some point all campers will need work. I have not heard anything bad about Thor products from anyone other than dealers. Have personally had my Rockwood (forest river product) sit in the shop for 6 months waiting for parts to show up. It does really get under your skin. Glad you are doing some research on the repair side. A lot of people seem to overlook that.

With the model you posted, I would be concerned about the fridge. It looks like it is in the slide. Do some research on fridge venting when the fridge is in the slide. Lot of issues with poor ventilation and it doesn't get cold. Have seen this first hand on a few units and it would really annoy me.

Ryan

On 8/7/2016 at 8:27 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

They still have a huge inventory and two of them I love.  A Winnie trailer and a Grand Design.  They are beautiful and the steps into the GD are so different and sturdy it was very easy to walk up them.  But much as I love them, they are too fancy for our way of camping.  We don't even live that fancy in our home.  Still, I loved them.

We recently looked at a few of the Grand Design models (not shopping, just looking) and loved the floor plans!! The things we noticed when we looked closer were that the finishes were made to look like the higher end models, but up close you realized that they used a lot of cheaper materials.  Not a huge deal depending on what you're looking for, but in our case we'd mostly be worried about durability.  Poking around the outside we saw a few things that didn't look as snazzy up close either.

Oh and FWIW, we had a hybrid very similar to yours (I think a wee bit longer, but the same year/model) and looooooved it!  We took 4 long trips to the Fort in it (with 3 dogs) and plenty more other trips. But we hit a point also where the setup/take down wasn't worth it. In our case that had mostly to do with setting up 3 dogs in one of the tent ends.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We recently looked at a few of the Grand Design models (not shopping, just looking) and loved the floor plans!! The things we noticed when we looked closer were that the finishes were made to look like the higher end models, but up close you realized that they used a lot of cheaper materials.  Not a huge deal depending on what you're looking for, but in our case we'd mostly be worried about durability.  Poking around the outside we saw a few things that didn't look as snazzy up close either.

Oh and FWIW, we had a hybrid very similar to yours (I think a wee bit longer, but the same year/model) and looooooved it!  We took 4 long trips to the Fort in it (with 3 dogs) and plenty more other trips. But we hit a point also where the setup/take down wasn't worth it. In our case that had mostly to do with setting up 3 dogs in one of the tent ends.

We are headed to General RV today to look again at the Denali.  Really liked the salesman there and the layout of the Denali.  Will let you know how it goes.  And  yes, I am thinking about WWW, should be able to sleep 3-4.  I will make them set up the dinette to see how it sleeps and how many humans it will hold.

1 hour ago, arthuruscg said:

Have you looked at some of the small class C? The new Ford and Fiat/Dodge chassis are a lot lower and the Winnebago layouts look like they would work well for 2 people and are small enough to be driven around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Arthur,  We like having the truck available to go places after we set up camp,  That's why we don't look at motor homes.

WE BOUGHT THE DENALI TODAY!!!  Picking up Wednesday. B)  where is that dancing banana when I need him ? :lol:

9 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Thanks Arthur,  We like having the truck available to go places after we set up camp,  That's why we don't look at motor homes.

WE BOUGHT THE DENALI TODAY!!!  Picking up Wednesday. B)  where is that dancing banana when I need him ? :lol:

Nice, congratulations.  I guess General was pretty decent to deal with?

sharp looking trailer!!!!!
glad to hear General RV got their act together, I tried to buy from them when they first opened, would not let me put a hold on a unit for 24 hours and sold it a few hours after i called about it... left a bad taste in my mouth, I had offered to put a deposit down sight unseen/ non refundable they had nothing to loose but alas they did loose me as a customer

it was a used pup, I got mine new down the road at lazydays- we have 5 trips in our trailer and love it, however I am looking at an A.C.E by thor, Ill reach out to my salesman at lazydays to get more info on them selling thor or not, they only have a few thor products in tampa via the website