KOA Oceanside - Bar Harbor, ME. And stops along the way.

I try to take pics of our campsite everywhere we go, but I'm not the best at photographing the actual campground. So here are some I took on our latest trip.

KOA Oceanside, Bar Harbor, ME  

We had a nice big grassy site with a great view for most of our time there. It was also super windy for all but one day. Not coincidentally, that same day the mosquitos were all over us.

No sewer hookups here, but they did have pump-out service available. I was not impressed with the showers. The dog park was away from the ocean and we only took our dog there one night because the mosquitos were eating us alive. And there were 3 male dogs there that were trying to attack her the whole time.

DSCF1387.jpg

Here's the view.

DSCF1386.jpg

Some nice sunsets over the water

IMG_1167.jpg

Before there we stopped for a couple of nights at Bayley's camping resort in Scarborough, ME. Only have the one campsite pic.

Campsite was pretty large, gravel, and there was a grassy area behind us, between our row and the one behind. This is a very large campground and we didn't tow our Jeep, so we talked them into delivering firewood to us, but I had to ride my bike with a backpack to get ice, which was super expensive. They have a nice-looking new adult pool complex that we never made it to. They also had family pools but we didn't see those close up.

DSCF1384.jpg

Before there, we stopped at Hershey for a few days. We were in a water/electric, and 30amp to boot. It was super hot but our ACs did ok. We were put at the end of a dead end row. It was kinda shocking at first, like how are we going to get in there. I suggested Mr. CJH back all the way up the row, but he was like, I'm not doing that. Then we had some helpful NJ truck drivers directing him in and they suggested he back all the way up the row, so he did. It ended up being a very nice, large spot.  The full hook-ups at the front of the park looked way cramped, so we were glad to be where we were. The showers were nice. 

DSCF1358.jpg

Sensing a theme yet with the pics? We also stopped at a KOA in Va., but I will spare you that almost identical pic.

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL.

When will us men learn?

Great photos- thanks for sharing them.

TCD

It's funny - he always says I tell him the wrong thing, but I've come to realize he just doesn't listen to me, and if there is another man around when we are backing into a site, I will always let him take over.

6 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Nice retriever.

Well, she doesn't really live up to that name, but she's a good dog.  It goes a little like this: 1) you throw something and she ignores you, 2) she brings something when you're doing something else and then won't drop it, 3) you throw something and she returns it to someone else.  She turned 10 this summer and is having a hard time with one of her back legs. We have to lift her rear end to help her get into the motorhome. :(

Mine likes to rifle thru the clothes hamper and bring you dirty socks.