• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you like me now?: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/10/once-upon-a-time-projection-show-begins-november-4/ ‘Once Upon A Time’ Projection Show Begins November 4 by Je

Could we be seeing the last of the MSEP?? http://www.chipandco.com/main-street-electrical-parade-closing-245798/

Confirmed. (But it runs until October 9) Main Street Electrical Parade Ends Run at Walt Disney World On October 9, Heads to Disneyland Resort for a Limited Time  https://disneyparks.disney.g

Confirmed. (But it runs until October 9)

Main Street Electrical Parade Ends Run at Walt Disney World On October 9, Heads to Disneyland Resort for a Limited Time 

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/main-street-electrical-parade-ends-run-at-walt-disney-world-on-october-9-heads-to-disneyland-resort-for-a-limited-time/

TCD

It's looking like Paint the Night isn't coming...

Main Street Electrical Parade to end its run at the Magic Kingdom in October

13 hours ago in "Main Street Electrical Parade

The Magic Kingdom's Main Street Electrical Parade will be leaving the park later this year.

UPDATED: 8:45pm. Disney has now officially confirmed that the Main Street Electrical Parade will be leaving the Magic Kingdom and returning to Disneyland, with its final performance to be October 9 2016. It will debut in Disneyland in early 2017.

Also announced, Paint the Night will continue to perform during the holidays at Disneyland, meaning it will not be heading to Walt Disney World, at least in the short term.

Previously:

According to reports from those familiar with the situation, Cast Members working the parade have been notified that it will be having its final performance on October 9 2016, with Disneyland its probable destination.

With the Paint the Night parade ending its run at Disneyland in September, it could mean that it is heading to Walt Disney World as the replacement for the Main Street Electrical Parade. Another possible scenario is that Paint the Night could head to Tokyo, with Dreamlights moving to Walt Disney World.

The Main Street Electrical Parade last made a return to Walt Disney World in June 2010 as part of the Summer Nightastic promotion.

Article Posted: Aug 11, 2016 / 8:17pm EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/main-street-electrical-parade/news/11aug2016-main-street-electrical-parade-to-end-its-run-at-the-magic-kingdom-in-october.htm

41 minutes ago, Travisma said:

For being the "Most Magical Place on Earth" and being the worlds largest vacation destination, WDW seems to get the short end of the stick more often than their other parks.

Guess they figure suckers  visitors will still come to WDW no matter what they throw at them. 

It doesn't just seem that they're cutting stuff left and right.  They are.

It's called efficiency initiatives. 

And they're proud of it.

An excerpt from the Disney 3rd quarter press release issued this week:

press%20release_zps2uwwzq0j.jpg

I started a thread about it:

The brilliant MBA's in charge have it all figured out- you can increase revenue by jacking up prices and cutting things out.  What could possibly go wrong with such a great plan?

TCD

On 8/11/2016 at 8:44 AM, Travisma said:

For being the "Most Magical Place on Earth" and being the worlds largest vacation destination, WDW seems to get the short end of the stick more often than their other parks.

Guess they figure suckers  visitors will still come to WDW no matter what they throw at them. 

That's something that I have been convinced of for years now.  I am predicting coming ticket price hikes within another year--someone has to pay for all the increases in security that have been taking place.

• 1 month later...

And that's a wrap.

The TCD gang made it over to the MK last night to see the last performance of the Main Street Electric Parade.

We were treated to the first cool weather we've had in these parts since April.

It was really, really crowded.

I really wonder what their plan is to accommodate the holiday crowds for this year.

No Osborne Lights.

No nighttime parade.

TCD

8 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

So what have the TCD insiders heard regarding the MSEP replacement? Is Paint the Night coming to the MK after the Halloween and Xmas seasonal parades? That seems to be the rumour.

The twins have a wide circle of WDW CM friends.  There are lots of rumors about Paint the Night coming to WDW, but none of them are from credible sources- just wishful thinking.

My personal guess is that they will send Paint the Night to WDW, but probably not until late spring/summer, 2017.  They will promote the heck out of it to bring crowds in for a "limited" engagement.  They will extend that limited engagement a couple of times, and then maybe they'll get Rivers of Light and other stuff up and running, and they'll have no night parade for a while.  I predict that WDW will get a new night parade for its 50th anniversary in 5 years. 

TCD

Disney weddings is now advertising this get married in the magic kingdom at midnight package (I'm searching for the price) could they be holding off on a night time parade in hopes of clearing the parks sooner to set up for these weddings? Probably a stretch connecting the two but who knows.

Disney weddings is now advertising this get married in the magic kingdom at midnight package (I'm searching for the price) could they be holding off on a night time parade in hopes of clearing the parks sooner to set up for these weddings? Probably a stretch connecting the two but who knows.

I doubt it, but that is pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

I think just cutting the parade out boosts their bottom line because they can save all of the labor costs associated with the performers and the CM's who worked crowd control.  During the holidays, they would run that parade twice a night.  Now, they save all of that expense, and they announced the cut of the parade after most guests probably already booked their holiday stays.  They've already learned that nobody is going to cancel a trip over one cut parade (remember when DHS and AK used to have parades?).  So, Disney wins again.  At least for now.  When all of those guests show up to a packed WDW with less stuff to do, the reports and reviews will not be flattering.  They'll only get away with this dirty trick for one holiday season.  They'll have to slap some stuff together for next year to placate the masses. But for this fiscal year, all the managers who supported this will look like geniuses and enjoy some nice bonuses. In the meantime, see if you recognize some of the parade performers working in the quick serve restaurants or walking around with brooms and dustpans.

TCD

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

My personal guess is that they will send Paint the Night to WDW, but probably not until late spring/summer, 2017.  They will promote the heck out of it to bring crowds in for a "limited" engagement.  They will extend that limited engagement a couple of times, and then maybe they'll get Rivers of Light and other stuff up and running, and they'll have no night parade for a while.  I predict that WDW will get a new night parade for its 50th anniversary in 5 years. 

I already have heard a new rumor that disputes my guess.

Now I'm hearing that there is no plan to send Paint the Night to WDW.  The cheapskates in charge of WDW don't want to pay for it, and the plan is to have no night parade for as long as they can get away with it, which they think will be forever.

When and if WDW reinstates a night parade, it will be another park's worn out leftovers.  The plan for now is that there will be no night parade at WDW for at least through the entire 2017 year.

TCD

29 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

When and if WDW reinstates a night parade, it will be another park's worn out leftovers.  The plan for now is that there will be no night parade at WDW for at least through the entire 2017 year.

TCD

Wow. But hey maybe they will bring the strolling piano man over, surely that would make up for no parade....