RUMOR: Wreck It Ralph replacing Stitch's Great Escape

I'm seeing this one popping up more and more recently. This is the blurb from Chip & Co...

The board of directors at Disney has approved $3.5 billion for Walt Disney World improvements. In that chunk of change most of it is going to Hollywood Studios so Disney can finish out Star Wars Land & Toy Story land. They have also set aside some money for Epcot & the Magic Kingdom, sorry Animal Kingdom no money for you, why don’t you ask James Cameron? So of that money for Magic Kingdom the most least popular ride (did I say that right?) at Walt Disney World is Stitch’s Great Escape.

The chatter on the net is maybe some type of Wreck it Ralph 3D Racing Attraction based off Sugar Rush!

I will be the first one to do a little dance if just about ANYthing replaces that attraction.  ;)

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-closing-stitchs-great-escape-journey-imagination-246240/

I've been hearing this Wreck It Ralph take over of Stitch's Great Escape rumor a lot too.

I can see it, but I am not that excited about it, as my guess is that it will just be a retrofit and change the theme of the attraction from Stitch to Ralph.  Not really a new attraction.  Just like when they made it in to Stitch in the first place- it's really the same as Alien Encounter- all they did was swap out some animatronics.

The rumor I've heard is that this new attraction would feature virtual reality.  Like everyone wears goggles.  I can see that end room staying exactly the same, but everyone has to put on goggles and watch the action that way.  To spice things up, they can shake the room, have Ralph jump up and down on your shoulders, spray everyone with some water, and release some kind of offensive smell, and call it a day.

Yawn.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

he rumor I've heard is that this new attraction would feature virtual reality.  Like everyone wears goggles.  I can see that end room staying exactly the same, but everyone has to put on goggles and watch the action that way. 

This was one of the drawbacks to me with Universal. For those of us that wear glasses nothing really works. You either try to use the park provided eye wear with your glasses for poor results or just use the park provided eye wear alone and see everything out of focus. Until they can come up with something that allows you to correct the vision in the goggles I think a lot of folks will have a less than ideal experience.

3 hours ago, keith_h said:

This was one of the drawbacks to me with Universal. For those of us that wear glasses nothing really works. You either try to use the park provided eye wear with your glasses for poor results or just use the park provided eye wear alone and see everything out of focus. Until they can come up with something that allows you to correct the vision in the goggles I think a lot of folks will have a less than ideal experience.

I for one am tired of not being able to enjoy 3D  attractions because I wear glasses.  MYOPIC LIVES MATTER!

6 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

The question is.... could it be worse????????????? I doubt it. 

You wouldn't think so but never underestimate Disney's power to screw something up.

They took one piece of chicken away from the GAG.  So anything's possible.

14 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

The question is.... could it be worse????????????? I doubt it. 

As long as the people involved in putting it there in the first place aren't involved.  ;)

It's seriously the worst attraction EVAH.  Last time I did it was a few years ago during the 24 hour MK event when we decided we were going to do EVERY ride/attraction.  It was late at night and under protest.  It was just as terrible as the first time.

5 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

As long as the people involved in putting it there in the first place aren't involved.  ;)

It's seriously the worst attraction EVAH.  Last time I did it was a few years ago during the 24 hour MK event when we decided we were going to do EVERY ride/attraction.  It was late at night and under protest.  It was just as terrible as the first time.

I have always thought (though I absolutely don't know) that it was designed and approved by people in suits.  I can't imagine that an imagineer would sign off on it.  Yes, I will go on it ONCE this next trip just to remind myself how awful it is...

• 5 months later...