RUMOR: Journey to Imagination closing for good

The whole Imagination pavilion has been in flux for ages now, some would argue going all the way back to this latest incarnation of the Figment attraction.  Not a stretch to think an overhaul is coming, and this is the latest rumor I've seen floated...

Next on the chopping block would be Journey to Imagination and the big gaping hole that was left by Captain Eo but is now filled by Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival. The rumor is that Figment is out and Inside Out will be coming in. Dreamfinder and Figment (which is who we really love anyway) from Journey to Imagination would start showing up in Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom and then some sort of Inside Out ride would basically consume the area.

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-closing-stitchs-great-escape-journey-imagination-246240/

• 2 years later...

Looks like it's the beginning of the end for the Imagination Pavilion...

PHOTOS: Removal of ImageWorks Exhibits at Epcot’s Imagination Pavilion Begins, Character Meet and Greets Coming

December 17, 2018

The ImageWorks located in the Imagination pavilion at Epcot has begun undergoing the transformation process to become a temporary home for character meet and greets.

D7B3D6B8-5D54-4AAE-A6D9-8784EC2E54C1-120

Construction walls have now gone up around the ImageWorks exhibit where guests could use their arms to wave Figment around, creating musical sounds. This exhibit will be demolished to make room for some of the upcoming character meet and greets. Don’t worry, the other musical station closer to the ride exit is still open for the time being.

7AC4DA2F-EF41-4AAE-AD88-66D1E618209D-120

595C691A-DCAF-47AB-8EFC-88F8B5C17567.jpe

We know that Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope will be moved over here, as has already been announced, but we expect to see Baymax and the Inside Out meet and greet migrate over to this pavilion soon.

C08B64B1-DDF5-42C0-892C-FCAD75F6F349-900

The reason for moving these characters out of Innoventions West is for the inevitable demolition of the Innoventions buildings, as part of Epcot’s major overhaul.

For now, the ImageWorks station will act as a temporary home for these character meet and greets until Disney announces a more permanent home down the road. To explain the thematic reasoning for having all these different characters in one spot, the Disney Parks Blog has stated that each meet and greet location will serve as a “portal” to a different world.

ACE0FF35-18A9-4756-9507-7CFD5C9689B8-120

90B4D4D8-5324-4AF4-B275-7861443E81C8-120

29BDD966-0887-490E-A882-F7FB6F6AE768-120

Journey Into Imagination is set to remain as is for the next few years, and there are no plans to remove it during the current phase of this massive Epcot expansion. As for the ImageWorks stations being demolished, there are no plans to bring them back after the completion of the expansion.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/photos-removal-of-imageworks-stations-begin-character-meet-and-greets-to-replace-current-exhibits/?fbclid=IwAR10cVotfk2ARZcNWo-_O-razDxOzleOjykk0GZ9xMoXPNPq91gxaPU_JHE

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hah - you're right!!

One of my jobs washing grandpa's van (later mine) was washing the tires and scrubbing the white walls. Even in the winter. My hands still feel the cold of those Sunday winter van washings. Skunk smell doesnt even phase me anymore though because of it. 

10 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

The reason for moving these characters out of Innoventions West is for the inevitable demolition of the Innoventions buildings, as part of Epcot’s major overhaul.

This is the first I’ve heard of Disney demolishing Innoventions.  That doesn’t seem right.  Wouldn’t they have to also get rid of the gift shop, Starbucks, etc?