Guy Fieri is teaming up with Planet Hollywood to revamp its menu at Walt Disney World's Disney Springs

Among the new dishes mentioned in Thursday's announcement are a "Prime Time American Kobe-Inspired Burger,”  "Turkey Pic-a-nic Sandwich" and "Chicken Crunch," which is allegedly a chicken fingers dish with a Cap'n Crunch cereal coating.

I am so trying the Cap'n Crunch chicken fingers: here's hoping they have a version with Crunch Berries...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/19/guy-fieri-taking-signature-dishes-to-disney-springs-planet-hollywood/?intcmp=hpffo&intcmp=obnetwork

Cap'n Crunch coated chicken - because parents need just one more way to get large amounts of sugar into their kids at WDW.

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

I've never had captain crunch. Interesting.

I don't think I have either. Not because my parents banned sugar cereals or anything - I was a Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops girl. 

Is it peanut buttery or am I thinking of something else? When I was in college, the dining hall always had cereals and soft serve, so one of my favorite things to do was get chocolate ice cream with rice krispies on it. I remember trying something else if they were out of rice krispies that may have been cap'n crunch. So maybe I'm lying. Doesn't matter - I can't eat it now so I wouldn't be ordering the chicken anyway. 

13 hours ago, Mikeypro said:

Guy Fieri is teaming up with Planet Hollywood to revamp its menu at Walt Disney World's Disney Springs

Among the new dishes mentioned in Thursday's announcement are a "Prime Time American Kobe-Inspired Burger,”  "Turkey Pic-a-nic Sandwich" and "Chicken Crunch," which is allegedly a chicken fingers dish with a Cap'n Crunch cereal coating.

I am so trying the Cap'n Crunch chicken fingers: here's hoping they have a version with Crunch Berries...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/08/19/guy-fieri-taking-signature-dishes-to-disney-springs-planet-hollywood/?intcmp=hpffo&intcmp=obnetwork

Thanks for sharing that!  I was wondering how the whole re-do of Planet Hollywood was going to shake out with the current trend of celebrity guests getting behind so many of the Disney Springs restaurants.

As for Cap'n Crunch... my sister probably ate a trailer truck's worth as a kid.  That was her go-to from the ages of probably 5-18.  I never got the appeal as a cereal, but on chicken fingers?  I just might have to try that. 

But then I was a Grape Nuts gal (still am).  Well until they came out with Cookie Crisp... but I ate that stuff dry out of the package like they were actually little cookies.  ;)

11 hours ago, CJHokie said:

I don't think I have either. Not because my parents banned sugar cereals or anything - I was a Fruity Pebbles or Fruit Loops girl. 

Is it peanut buttery or am I thinking of something else? When I was in college, the dining hall always had cereals and soft serve, so one of my favorite things to do was get chocolate ice cream with rice krispies on it. I remember trying something else if they were out of rice krispies that may have been cap'n crunch. So maybe I'm lying. Doesn't matter - I can't eat it now so I wouldn't be ordering the chicken anyway. 

Not peanut buttery, super sweet and chewy.

I liked fruit loops as a kid (still do) but we weren't allowed to have them often. My favorite cereal used to be Honey Nut Cheerios but we can't have them now because of the almond in them.

a restaurant by us makes corn flake coated chicken (I think it's their gluten free option) and they are pretty tasty, but I can't imagine a sugary taste to chicken. 

I long for the days when sugar as the primary ingredient in breakfast cereal was such a source of pride it was included in the name (Sugar Smacks, Sugar Pops).  Good times.  Good times.

I long for the days when sugar as the primary ingredient in breakfast cereal was such a source of pride it was included in the name (Sugar Smacks, Sugar Pops).  Good times.  Good times.

My favorite was Super Sugar Crisps. The mascot was Sugar Bear. They are being more pc nowadays with super golden crisps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk