Kennys Tee Time Rental

be advised everyone that I rented cart 16 from this guy for the week of July 18-25 and the first night of the rental I called him to report the cart steering was way off and then to report the battery would not hold a charge. I called him several times throughout my stay at the fort at site 1610 and he never, ever called back or even tried to correct the issue. I finally got thru to him on the ladt day of rental and he swore he would refund the money since we could not use the cart and then I called every week after to find out when he would and at one point he did answer and said "I will get to it this week" well that came and went weeks ago.

This guy lied to me many times, at one point before picking up the cart he asked if I could pick up another cart for him at the fort and return it while getting ours as if I worked for the liar???

I don't care what experience anyone has had but he screwwed our trip over and since we were way out of state he thinks its a none issue....

So, I now dedicate my spare time to inform every web site, the BBB and anyone I know that will need to rent while in Florida about this Tee Time disaster.

Well,

congatulations, you didnt get screwwed.

as I said before this guy lied and did not provide the service he was paid for. I am far from done and I will be everywhere someone wants to rent a golf cart......I may even annoy Disney a bit about off property rentals.

remeber kids, cart 16 has some problems.

Only 3 posts on this board and your expressed sole reason for joining is for bashing a well respected outside vendor.  Your line "I may even annoy Disney a bit about off property rentals" is really telling.  Are you the guy in charge of renting carts at the fort or is it one of your relatives who is a cast member in charge of the golf cart rentals?

I just don't like people who join a group for the sole purpose of bitching about their bad experience.  

20 hours ago, ken07734 said:

I will be happy to stop when he refunds the money....

I understand that you are unhappy.  I also understand that you have been on every major internet outlet you can find to vent your frustrations and wow, that must have taken up quite a bit of your time.  However, over here, we value the sense of camaraderie that people have here first BEFORE deciding to vent.  I just hope that you remember all of these words you have in print all over the internet and I hope there is 100% truth to them.  Going after a business in public can be a very dangerous thing if you don't tell the truth and nothing but the truth.  I have no monkeys in this circus, trust me.  I am just cautioning the unwise. 

incredible!, I am being accused of only joining to bash a horrible business.

First,

I have been reading this board for a long time and made a lot of my choices based on this forum including renting that piece of garbage from Kenny's Tee Time. and oh I am so afraid of getting in trouble for telling the absolute truth. I am very frustrated that this so called company can just take money and fail to provide the service advertised. as for this 100% truth garbage, Were you there? or are you just coming to this guys defense? I may have been a little over zealous in my approach but to have money swindled from you doesn't sit well and being states away doesn't make it easy to take quick action but I CAN  tell my "100% true" account concerning this horrible service/rental business that has to meet people in a parking lot to trade off trailers. Renter beware! This guy DID ignore my calls and promised to refund my money, it of course goes to his character..in my humble opinion.  I'm fine to respond in writing to the municipality of wherever this guy hales from if he decides to take legal action. I have my statements ready to mail. All he had to do was either answer the phone the first, second and third time I called and fixed the cart or returned my money at which point I would have used him again next year but instead I had to deal with this nonsense on my VACATION. Remember some of us have to work all year and wait for that one time when we can take our Families on a big trip. It was great waiting for buses at FW while the cart sat because the battery would not take a charge. I'm sure it has a good battery now.....

The faster this guy does the right thing the faster I go away.....

I enjoy the comments....

keep 'em coming.

I have used Kenny several times and I have never had anything but a positive experience.  He's always gone above & beyond to accommodate my requests.  I am having a hard time believing that he would treat anyone like this.  Are there any locals or anybody currently using any Tee Time carts that can get Kenny to comment on this situation?

I added a picture of the cart I rented from Kenny back in June.  It was an awesome cart.

aawdw3.jpg

Edited by NLPRacing
Added a picture

Although I purchased my own cart and no longer need to rent, I have used Kenny several times in the past and he has always gone above and beyond to provide great service.

Something is very amiss here. I do find it telling that you

11 hours ago, ken07734 said:

have been reading this board for a long time and made a lot of my choices based on this forum

Yet you never bothered to register and participate. If you paid with a credit card I would think you could just charge it back and be done with it if you feel you did not receive what was promised.

I don't normally put my two cents in, but I have to this time.

I rented a cart from Kenny July 2015.  The cart he gave me had a faulty battery charger.  The wires were frayed and it wouldn't hold a charge.  It died on me on the way to the site the first day, but I thought it was because the person before me didn't charge it all the way.  When it died on me the second day, I saw the wire issue.  It took two days before a new cart was given to me.  I was promised a refund because he knew about the issue and the cart should not have been given to me.  It didn't show up and I called about it.  It didn't show up again and it was my choice to just let it drop.  Trying to dispute a partial charge on my credit card is a pain in the neck and it wasn't worth my time to have to go the bank to fill out the form when I don't normally go to the bank in person at all.

I didn't come here and make a fuss.  I didn't go anywhere else and say anything.  I thought it was a fluke and didn't want to harm his business.  I still don't want to harm his business.  All I am saying is that it is completely possible that Kenny dropped the ball again on issuing a refund.  And that some people react differently than others.  I am of the wimpy let you push me around variety.

I think people are upset because:

1) Your first post on a board shouldn't be to complain.

2) You're threatening to make a stink about off-site rentals which will hurt lots of people... Not just Kenny.

I own my own now, so I don't rent from him, but I always had a good experience. I know he takes credit cards as payment, so why not just dispute the charge? If you never talked to him, how did you give the cart back? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

2) You're threatening to make a stink about off-site rentals which will hurt lots of people... Not just Kenny.

You nailed it.

Why this guy's public temper tantrum is entertaining to watch, his threat (as you noted above) further erodes his already weak credibilty.

10 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I think people are upset because:

1) Your first post on a board shouldn't be to complain.

I own my own now, so I don't rent from him, but I always had a good experience. I know he takes credit cards as payment, so why not just dispute the charge? If you never talked to him, how did you give the cart back? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make four very good points.  Why didn't he just dispute the charge? And who did he return the cart to?

I will say this, I have also used Kenny in the past and while he is great in person, he is hard to get on the phone sometimes.

I can only speak from personal experience, so If you haven't had any luck getting through to Kenny, try to get a hold of Kelly in the office. She usually gets back to you if Kenny is unable to, and I will normally contact both of them if we have an issue.

Twice in the 7 or 8 years that we have rented from them I've had problems with a cart, and both times things were repaired or resolved quickly. Once was no headlights (wiring issue, one of his service guys came and fixed it while it was parked by the marina) and once was a battery issue (they replaced the batteries @ our site at FW).

First of all, I talked to Kenny personally and if he had rectified the issue then instead of making me call multiple times I would have never come out to relate my bad experience. I dont care what anyone thinks about me personally so keep making your comments about my credibilty as I am not the person who agreed to deliver a working golf cart for a set amount of money. The owness is on kenny to protect his business by providing the best experience possible to his customers. Having said that I should NOT have to reach out to anyone else after being told directly by Kenny himself that he would refund the money. So my comments and statements are WITH merit and brining it here to a public forum is my way as a consumer to alert others that since I have experienced this bad rental they can have the possibility of as well. This whole thing is all on Kenny himself and he caused and then propogated the situation by not providing a positive customer service experience. I ask, was it really that hard to return my first call and meet him or one of his workers to replace the battery or change to another cart? Hell, even if he had no other carts to replace I would have accepted a refund and at least been able to rent a Disney one for the remainder of my Families vacation that I cannot afford to do every year so Thanks Kenny for adding negativity to my Disney vacation that costs a lot more than the rental of a faulty golf cart. I have'nt heard anything from him at all so its only you people addressing this with yet more negativity towards me. If you have nothing but bad things to say, don't reply......

16 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

I have nothing to add to the conversation, but find it amusing that someone with only 5 posts on the board has amassed a total negative respect score of -40.  Someone needs to kick back with a warm, ooey gooey Main Street Bakery cinnamon roll and chill.   

Bakery-cinnamon-roll.jpg

Nothing to add either, but that looks delicious....are they really extinct?

13 hours ago, kadancer said:

Nothing to add either, but that looks delicious....are they really extinct?

11 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Sadly yes

If we put together an archaeological dig (after hours and on the QT of course) and manage to be fortunate enough to find one encased in amber, and if we have it carefully extracted and gently warmed by a former employee of the Main Street Bakery (back when they baked things), will it still be ooey and gooey?

23 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

If we put together an archaeological dig (after hours and on the QT of course) and manage to be fortunate enough to find one encased in amber, and if we have it carefully extracted and gently warmed by a former employee of the Main Street Bakery (back when they baked things), will it still be ooey and gooey?

I'm way ahead of you, Mo, but I ran into a major roadblock when I was informed that the FDA does not allow cinnamon roll cloning in the US.  However, a secret joint effort between the Russians and Iranians has been making some huge strides, and at this point they only need to improve upon the gooeyness (they are uber ooey in the basic cloned state) and we'll have a marketable product.  I'm not at liberty to discuss the location of the secret lab that has been working on this, but I would like to point out that my decade-long rant about Iranian nuclear programs and large blue tubs at River Country is not a red herring and has NOTHING to do with this.  B)

6 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm way ahead of you, Mo, but I ran into a major roadblock when I was informed that the FDA does not allow cinnamon roll cloning in the US.  However, a secret joint effort between the Russians and Iranians has been making some huge strides, and at this point they only need to improve upon the gooeyness (they are uber ooey in the basic cloned state) and we'll have a marketable product.  I'm not at liberty to discuss the location of the secret lab that has been working on this, but I would like to point out that my decade-long rant about Iranian nuclear programs and large blue tubs at River Country is not a red herring and has NOTHING to do with this.  B)

https://sc.mogicons.com/l/keeping-secret-253.png

P.S. I'd like to get my order in for the first dozen, non-cloned, perfectly legal, non-international-incident-related Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls. 

PleaseAndThankYou

I have installed a 3D printer in the 3000 loop for the sole purpose of reproducing the cinnamon rolls.  I do, however, need an original in order for the project to work.    I believe if I plug it in backwards, it will also make annoying posters disappear.