Looks like Ellie has made her last camping trip.

Yes, Ellie, the Golden Retriever that is in 95% of my pics on here. Took her to the oncologist this morning and while she wasn't sure without a biopsy, it seems she has a pretty aggressive cancer. She still seems pretty normal except for a bad limp, where she has a giant tumor on her back leg. Has a new tumor on a front leg, skin lesions multiplying daily, swollen lymph nodes, and possibly something in her abdomen. 

She was a great camping dog, and we always joked that she liked camping more than any of us. 

Found this old puppy pic on Photobucket.

100_0561.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not only do they touch our lives and we remember them for a long time, I just became convinced Wednesday night that other animals can remember their companions as well.  I keep Wrigley's remains on my

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Ellie just turned 10 in June. We had talked about getting a puppy before she got sick so she could help socialize, but it never happened. Thinking about getting 2 next time.

I'm so sorry. I am certain she brought you so much joy over the years. As a dog lover, I really have no words of comfort for you that can diminish the present pain. All I can say is I'm sorry...sometimes the English language just can't do a sentiment justice.

"Bigamy is one wife too many. Monogamy is pretty much the same thing."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

CJHokie, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Kassie passed away in June, and it's gonna be hard going to the Fort next week without her.  She loved camping, too.

PM me if I can do anything to help.

I hope you have a good time and don't miss her too much.

1 hour ago, CJHokie said:

Sorry to hear that as well.  

Goldens are amazing dogs - just have that stupid, pesky cancer. How old was Shelby?

She was almost 10 years old.  We got an Australian Shepherd about a year before Shelby passed and she was able to teach her some good (and some bad) habits.  :)

3 minutes ago, NLPRacing said:

She was almost 10 years old.  We got an Australian Shepherd about a year before Shelby passed and she was able to teach her some good (and some bad) habits.  :)

Ellie just turned 10 in June. We had talked about getting a puppy before she got sick so she could help socialize, but it never happened. Thinking about getting 2 next time.

So sad to hear about so many pets crossing over the bridge. You all have my sympathy and I hope the hurting hearts heal.

Our two poms took to camping so easily in their old age, thought I would lose Lacey this past weekend, but she rallied and is still with us.  Not going gang busters but has her smile back.  Lacey was 13 last April and Lucky was 15 July 4.

I am so sorry.  Do enjoy the time you have with her.  We also had a Goldie with cancer.  It started with a big lump on his front leg.  He passed away in 2006.  We miss him everyday.  We were never able to take him camping but I know that he would've loved it.  So please do enjoy the time you have with her.

Lacey died Friday.  I miss her so much, it's hard to even write about her.  She was such a good dog, so happy and loved traveling.  When we would be getting the hybrid or now the trailer ready to go, Lacey would be ..."But I'm not dressed yet!  You aren't going without ME are you?"..  as soon as her traveling harness was put on the floor for her to step into, she was ready.  My angel dog.

Lucky is acting different and wondering where his buddy has gone.  He was in the room when she died so he should know, but I always wonder.                                               

This little, not a lap dog, had to sit with both Bill and me the first night and he made it to the living room all on his own.  Last few years he has decided he doesn't like to walk on the slippery Pergo like floor, so he seldom comes out of the kitchen.  He is not sleeping like he did when Lacey was on alert and, I guess, his protector.  His hearing is poor and I would have to touch his fur to wake him for walks, now he always wakes as I come into the kitchen. 

Oh, Gretchen, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Lacey sounds like she was such a wonderful dog and had a lot in common with Kassie.  Kassie would get excited when we started packing the motorhome, but when she heard that diesel engine come to life she would start shaking with excitement.  It's gonna be hard to come to the Fort without her.  We'll arrive on Labor Day and would love to see you and Bill.  

Please give Lucky a hug for me.  It sounds like he is mourning too.  Would love to see a picture of the two of them.

Sending you hugs.

Edited by CCIntrigue...aka Gwen

Sending prayers and comfort as well. They love us so unconditionally that it is just devastating when they pass. I truly believe that Dogs go to heaven - they deserve it more than we do!

"My therapist said that my narcissism causes me to misread social situations. I'm pretty sure she was hitting on me."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk