Looks like Ellie has made her last camping trip.

3 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Favorite cat of all my life, Shenandoah, can still bring tears.  He died in 1979.

What a friend he was.  Danielle is a close very second.

One of my favorite pets was Carlou Dana Excelsia, my Great Dane.  She died in the early '80s from cancer..  I still remember how I put her in puppy obedience training and she pulled me across an entire football field.  Pets have such a way of touching our hearts for all eternity.    

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not only do they touch our lives and we remember them for a long time, I just became convinced Wednesday night that other animals can remember their companions as well.  I keep Wrigley's remains on my

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Ellie just turned 10 in June. We had talked about getting a puppy before she got sick so she could help socialize, but it never happened. Thinking about getting 2 next time.

Not only do they touch our lives and we remember them for a long time, I just became convinced Wednesday night that other animals can remember their companions as well.  I keep Wrigley's remains on my computer desk and her collar with a bell sits on top of the box.  She has been there since end of April 2015.  Well, I noticed there was dust on the collar and her ornate box so I picked the collar up and shook it off which made the bell jingle as if she was wearing it again.  I've posted on here before how Rolo our dwarf Boxer and Wrigley were best friends.  When the bell jingled, Rolo came running from the other room and started to look around and she started to whimper as she's searching every nook and cranny in the room.  On a whim I jingled the bell again and she stopped and looked right at the collar.  Realizing what she was looking for I let Rolo sniff the collar and she gave it a couple of licks like she used to do to Wrigley.  I still haven't healed from her passing and it shocked me to see Rolo react to the collar that way.  That dust from it made my eyes water a bit... :(

Some of you may already know our sweet Savannah was hit and killed by a car in front of the house about a month ago.  I saw it and could do nothing.  She was gone in an instant.  She was a rescue dog and she loved the family as much as we loved her.  A few days later Judy said she wanted to get another dog as soon as possible.  She said it would help her adjust to losing Savannah and give her something to do.  A week or so later we went back to the same rescue group where we had gotten Savannah.  We found a gray/black dog labeled as a shui tsu (or however you spell it).  We brought her home and on the way, Judy asked Shawnee what this dog's name should be.  Without hesitation he said "Savannah".  So Savannah it is (or Savannah2 to some).  He had taken Savannah1's loss as hard as anyone in the family.  Savannah1 had taken to Kimberly and Savannah2 is taking to Shawnee. Yes, they pick us as much as we pick them.

18 hours ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

Some of you may already know our sweet Savannah was hit and killed by a car in front of the house about a month ago.  I saw it and could do nothing.  She was gone in an instant.  She was a rescue dog and she loved the family as much as we loved her.  A few days later Judy said she wanted to get another dog as soon as possible.  She said it would help her adjust to losing Savannah and give her something to do.  A week or so later we went back to the same rescue group where we had gotten Savannah.  We found a gray/black dog labeled as a shui tsu (or however you spell it).  We brought her home and on the way, Judy asked Shawnee what this dog's name should be.  Without hesitation he said "Savannah".  So Savannah it is (or Savannah2 to some).  He had taken Savannah1's loss as hard as anyone in the family.  Savannah1 had taken to Kimberly and Savannah2 is taking to Shawnee. Yes, they pick us as much as we pick them.

I definitely believe they pick us as much as if not more than we pick them.  I got a new puppy, Maggie, in June and she definitely picked me.

You must post a picture of Savannah2.

I'll have to go back and review how to post pictures from my phone.  Coming soon.  She's a 13 pounder vs the 26 pounder we had.  Quite a difference for us, but she loves to be a lap dog who also sits on the back of the recliner or sofa like a cat.

1 hour ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

I'll have to go back and review how to post pictures from my phone.  Coming soon.  She's a 13 pounder vs the 26 pounder we had.  Quite a difference for us, but she loves to be a lap dog who also sits on the back of the recliner or sofa like a cat.

Savannah 2 sounds like a good addition to your family :) congratulations on saving another pup.