I have read about the loops and the info, but I want to hear it from you guys who actually stay there!  There is a possibility we will be renting an RV for our summer trip instead of staying in a cabin.  :dance:  So, which loop or loop type do you like best and why???

And no reason for choosing one over the other is too silly.  I'm pretty silly myself.

Spill.

:banana:

I like the 1800 loop and the 1600 loop.  I can't see paying extra for a smaller site just because there's more concrete and it's closer to Pioneer Hall. I prefer to be a little more out of the way when I camp, and these loops offer large sites with more room between sites than the preferred or premiums.

We like the 500 loop.  It's a pet loop right across the street from the pet run, not that "Her Majesty" will mingle w/ common canines.:banana:  Bus stop right there, close to settlement and comfortable walk to the meadows.

Great, great, great info!  I like the sound of the 1600-1900 loops being more spread out and quiet.  Plus, they are full hook-up, so cheaper :-)

We will have a golf cart so I don't really think distance from anywhere is an issue.  But, it might be cool to stay down in the 100-300 area to be walking distance from the Settlement.

What are those loops that you can see from the Bike Barn looking across the Meadows pond?  They look very "exposed" and unshady - having shade will definitely be important in July...

Great, great, great info!  I like the sound of the 1600-1900 loops being more spread out and quiet.  Plus, they are full hook-up, so cheaper :-)

We will have a golf cart so I don't really think distance from anywhere is an issue.  But, it might be cool to stay down in the 100-300 area to be walking distance from the Settlement.

What are those loops that you can see from the Bike Barn looking across the Meadows pond?  They look very "exposed" and unshady - having shade will definitely be important in July...

600's "Sunny Sage Loop" and yes, they are sunny! :rofl2:

I like the 500 loop because it's in between everything and close to the dog park.

600's "Sunny Sage Loop" and yes, they are sunny! :rofl2:

I like the 500 loop because it's in between everything and close to the dog park.

The "exposed" sites in the 600 loop are the newer expansion.  We noticed that the older part of the loop had some nicely shaded sites ...

So, I went online to reserve my site.  Next time I call - probably this afternoon - I'll ask about AAA and request a loop.  I went ahead and reserved full-hookup because 1600-1800 sound pretty good.  Plus, I can always upgrade - I at least wanted to have a site reserved.

Let me ask this - what is the advantage to Preferred? I mean, if I'm going to spend the extra $$ wouldn't I just want to go ahead and get Premium?

My favorite is the 800 loop.  However I am really picky.  I want the outer part of the loop on the very back side.  These sites back up to the dog walk area and a small creek.  I even have one site in particular that is my favorite, but I doubt I'll ever be lucky enough to get it again.  If I can't get the 800 loop, the 900 loop will do.

So, I went online to reserve my site.  Next time I call - probably this afternoon - I'll ask about AAA and request a loop.  I went ahead and reserved full-hookup because 1600-1800 sound pretty good.  Plus, I can always upgrade - I at least wanted to have a site reserved.

Let me ask this - what is the advantage to Preferred? I mean, if I'm going to spend the extra $$ wouldn't I just want to go ahead and get Premium?

I prefer the premiums because I hate those damn shells in the back of the preferred sites. I sweep them out of everything for days! On premiums, we can park truck, camper (with add a room) golf cart, bikes and still have room, and no shells! :banghead:

I really don't find any advantage to it.  It seems really tight and crowded to me.  I guess if your in those one or two sites in 100 right there near the marina, that's an advantage, but I just don't see the appeal.

Overall, my favorite is the 100 loop. I like being able to get up in the morning and walk down to FW landing, sit in a chair & look out over the water. The drawback is they sometimes try to squeeze me into too short of a site.

For a premium, I like the 900 or 1000, so I can just walk over to the pool.

Good call - I'll stick with the full hook-up.  I don't really think walking distance to the landing or pool or anything would enhance my visit worth an extra $100.

Thanks for all the good info!  I think I'll request the 1700 loop.

Good call - I'll stick with the full hook-up.  I don't really think walking distance to the landing or pool or anything would enhance my visit worth an extra $100.

Thanks for all the good info!  I think I'll request the 1700 loop.

PureTCrazy & I were in 1724 for 5 days.  Even with the storms, it was a nice spot.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 1400 (Big Bear) loop.  It is close to the central activities and not too far from the Marina area.  But we've also been in 500 twice lately (without a 4-legged critter) and in 900 last summer, all with good results.  As has been stated in other threads, there's not really a bad loop and very few bad sites at the Fort.  Opinions are like noses: Pretty much everyone has one, and they are all different.  My opinion is for a site in FW at any time!

My favorite is the 800 loop.  However I am really picky.  I want the outer part of the loop on the very back side.  These sites back up to the dog walk area and a small creek.  I even have one site in particular that is my favorite, but I doubt I'll ever be lucky enough to get it again.  If I can't get the 800 loop, the 900 loop will do.

We do the same so our dogs can go out for walks more often. Lot easier to do when the walk is right behind the site.  The 1600 and 1800 loops do that as well.

:parrot:

• 3 months later...

OK, I'm a lonnnngg time lurker here, and I've decided it's time to stop creepin' and start being a team player. :rolleyes:

We have stayed twice in the 600 loop (Sunny Sage Way) and really liked being close to the Trading Post, campfire sing-along, pool, fishin', and the bus stop. The only (tiny) pitfall is the traffic along the side closest to the road.

Last Christmas, we stayed in the 1800 Loop (Conestoga Trail) and REALLY like the privacy and seclusion of the site/loop. We also found a nice way to get to the footbridge to the pool area...just a nice stroll along the river, and "just around the river bend" was the bridge!

Now, MY question is about the 1300 loop...

Is there anyone out there who knows the site #s of the sites that sit along the canal? More importantly, does anyone have opinions about these sites or loop? (We're staying as a group of 10 NEXT Christmas and would like to meet the needs of the kiddies who like to swim, the scouts who like to fish, and the folks who like to stroll through the Trading Post with their morning java.