WELCOME!! Glad you finally joined to play!!!

I have never stayed in the 1300 loop, but I know Homebrew has and stated he liked it for all the reasons you mentioned.

Another loop you might consider is the 1400 loop. A short walk to the pool, campfire movie, trading post and there are canals behind the loop.

You creeper! ;D

First off, Welcome!! Glad that you decided to be a team player.

I can't help with the site numbers. I don't think I've ever stayed in 1300's, but someone has, I'm sure.

Happy to have you here, just jump right in.

If I remember rightly, the sites by the canal in 1300 are 1320-1335. I don't remember which ones back right up to the canal, however. We've stayed on 1300 a few times, and had sites on the canal. What I don't care for about those sites is they are lit up at night by the pool area. Also - if the pool is really crowded then your peace is somewhat disturbed by the pool noise.

500 offers some sites that back up to the canal & they are really beautiful sites. I think it's 526-530. 1400 has sites on the canal if you like "yahoo" sites - as in - there are parking bumpers at the rear of the site so you don't back your rig into the canal! YA-HOO!!

Thanks for the speedy welcome and tips. :heart:

Is 1400 the Big Bear/Little Bear Loop? Are the sites fairly private? (Not worried about us...just the neighbors who'll be dealing with six pre-teen and teenagers!) :siren:

If this is any indication of my devoted sickness, I have plenty of time to hear all of your wonderful tips...

Countdown to book is only 16 days...only 499 more after that, and I'm there! :banana: (Darn daughter had to go and graduate this year, so finances are a bit down to do our annual Christmas voyage this season :angry: )

Patiently waiting to meet the Brewmaster...

Welcome!

You can see maps of the entire campground, with all the sites numbered, if you click on the sticky for Shanta's Googlemaps on the main Fort Fiends page.

Or, since you are interested in just the 1300 loop, you could look at this low-tech map:

1300.jpg

Now, about your "stroll along the river" to the pool . . .

Are you saying you walked along the canal, all the way to the 1500 loop, and then turned left and headed to the pool?

That is a bit of a walk!

As for the sites along the 1300 loop canal, since the pool is just across the canal here, you can expect to hear a bit of pool noise, even at night. I don't think that would be a big problem, though.

TCD

If I remember rightly, the sites by the canal in 1300 are 1320-1335. I don't remember which ones back right up to the canal, however. We've stayed on 1300 a few times, and had sites on the canal. What I don't care for about those sites is they are lit up at night by the pool area. Also - if the pool is really crowded then your peace is somewhat disturbed by the pool noise.

500 offers some sites that back up to the canal & they are really beautiful sites. I think it's 526-530. 1400 has sites on the canal if you like "yahoo" sites - as in - there are parking bumpers at the rear of the site so you don't back your rig into the canal! YA-HOO!!

Thanks for the insight. If night temps are like last Christmas, we'll be the only fools in da pool again. We, Michiganders, did hot tub runs in 20degree temps last Christmas. At 38 degrees, my son had on his snorkle gear on to survey in his own private pool at night. :dance: The lights, however, are something to think about...

500 (Yahoo) Loop sounds like a possiblity. How close to the Trading Post and pool would you say?

Thanks for the insight. If night temps are like last Christmas, we'll be the only fools in da pool again. We, Michiganders, did hot tub runs in 20degree temps last Christmas. At 38 degrees, my son had on his snorkle gear on to survey in his own private pool at night. :dance: The lights, however, are something to think about...

500 (Yahoo) Loop sounds like a possiblity. How close to the Trading Post and pool would you say?

Hello HappyCamper and welcome. I was a one time lurker elsewhere now look at me. I'm from Michigan also, where are you located?

Now to throw my two cents in, I've stayed on the 1300 loop but it was so long ago I don't remember much, I love the 500 loop though :banana:

Now, about your "stroll along the river" to the pool . . .

Are you saying you walked along the canal, all the way to the 1500 loop, and then turned left and headed to the pool?

That is a bit of a walk!

As for the sites along the 1300 loop canal, since the pool is just across the canal here, you can expect to hear a bit of pool noise, even at night. I don't think that would be a big problem, though.

TCD

WOW!!! Why didn't I join in on the fun sooner?!! This is exactly what I was looking for!

And, yes, we strolled along the river, past 1600 and 1500 Loops (turning left to follow the water), crossed the street and over the bridge! Really? It wasn't as long as it appears on maps. Maybe a 5-10 minute stroll. (kids=5 minutes...adults=10) Along the water, it was VERY pretty...made the trek worthwhile. Certainly not your 600 Loop convenience, but the sites were nice.

Hello HappyCamper and welcome. I was a one time lurker elsewhere now look at me. I'm from Michigan also, where are you located?

Now to throw my two cents in, I've stayed on the 1300 loop but it was so long ago I don't remember much, I love the 500 loop though :banana:

Plymouth-Canton area. You?

Now the 500 Loop...that's not one of those "water main break" loops during Christmas is it??? And, is it doable to walk to the Settlement from there?

Plymouth-Canton area. You?

Now the 500 Loop...that's not one of those "water main break" loops during Christmas is it??? And, is it doable to walk to the Settlement from there?

We are up in Bay City, we've have spent a lot of time in Canton though, my DH's sister was a manager at the Canton K-mart.

I can't help with the water main break, I wasn't there. And since my kids have all grown up, I haven't been to the pool much either. I don't think it would be to much of a walk though. I'm sure somebody will come along with an answer soon though :banana:

:welcome2: Happy Camper!

We really like the 1500s loop but those aren't full hookup.

I really should fax a site request this week. So glad I read this thread to remind myself to git r done... Anybody want to suggest a large shady site in the 1600 loop for us? After elec issues at a CG last week, I'm even more worried about a possible power failure that'd leave my pups to bake in the TT.

Also, are 1700 sites really that much bigger than 1600?

:welcome2: Happy Camper!

We really like the 1500s loop but those aren't full hookup.

I really should fax a site request this week. So glad I read this thread to remind myself to git r done... Anybody want to suggest a large shady site in the 1600 loop for us? After elec issues at a CG last week, I'm even more worried about a possible power failure that'd leave my pups to bake in the TT.

Also, are 1700 sites really that much bigger than 1600?

The concret widens out on the 1700 loop sites, the 1600 loop it doesn't, they are "straight"

Does that make sense?

I'm sure it should make sense, but honestly I have no clue. :unsure:

I've also discovered that I'm too old to be able to have fun on google earth. It looked really cool until I tried going in for a closer look, then it all got fuzzy & confusing.

I was trying to look at the shadows on the ground and the tree outlines in an effort to come up 3 or 4 sites to request where the TT might be shaded. Are there site pics up anywhere else by chance?

Maybe I'll just fax a request asking for a shaded site in 1600 or 1700 and hope for the best...

I'm sure it should make sense, but honestly I have no clue. :unsure:

I've also discovered that I'm too old to be able to have fun on google earth. It looked really cool until I tried going in for a closer look, then it all got fuzzy & confusing.

I was trying to look at the shadows on the ground and the tree outlines in an effort to come up 3 or 4 sites to request where the TT might be shaded. Are there site pics up anywhere else by chance?

Maybe I'll just fax a request asking for a shaded site in 1600 or 1700 and hope for the best...

Like I mentioned, we stayed in the 1800 and REALLY loved the peacefulness of it. We walked past the 1600 loop andit looked real nice too.

Really???? It's the Fort, right? Anywhere is going to be a great site! :heart:

• 6 months later...

I just got back from staying in the 1900 loop and really liked the space between the camp sites. It's quiet the turkeys walk right through your site as if they own the place. If you have a golf cart you should have no problems with this location. Except if you come here in the summer. When in Florida and you find your camp site located in a Cypress Tree forrest it is usually because the area floods in the summer. 1700, 1800, and 1900 loops don't flood themselves as they are high enough but you can't step to far off the pad without getting your feet wet. Just sayin.