Last week, we saw an area near the entrance to the Settlement that had a sign designating it as a butterfly area.  Basically a flower garden, but no butterflies.  As you are looking at the front of the building, it is to the left past the concierge windows.

Mark-

I'm sure you've seen these butterfly gardens planted around the Reception Outpost building- that's what the Blog article is talking about.

Here are some photos from the TCD archives:

From December, 2013:

FW121313216_zps0b5d5f1b.jpg

FW121313217_zpsccce9cb2.jpg

FW121313219_zps34abeaba.jpg

From November, 2012:

Thanksgiving2012391.jpg

And here's one all the way back from February, 2011:

100_9411.jpg

The butterfly gardens are definitely not new!

TCD

4 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Last week, we saw an area near the entrance to the Settlement that had a sign designating it as a butterfly area.  Basically a flower garden, but no butterflies.  As you are looking at the front of the building, it is to the left past the concierge windows.

Is this the area you're talking about?

RoyalFamily5K2013540_zps86c1812c.jpg

(this photo is from 2013).

TCD

12 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Is this the area you're talking about?

RoyalFamily5K2013540_zps86c1812c.jpg

(this photo is from 2013).

TCD

No, around the corner, near the concierge windows.  It all looks similar to what it always has, but now they have signs (similar to the conservation fund signs) that designate it as a butterfly habitat.  I think they changed some of the plants to create a more "butterfly friendly" environment.  However, there were no butterflies to be seen.

22 minutes ago, djsamuel said:

No, around the corner, near the concierge windows.  It all looks similar to what it always has, but now they have signs (similar to the conservation fund signs) that designate it as a butterfly habitat.  I think they changed some of the plants to create a more "butterfly friendly" environment.  However, there were no butterflies to be seen.

Those signs are new.  I haven't seen them, and I always look around Pioneer Hall when I'm there.  I'll have to snap some photos next time I'm there.  Which might be soon.

TCD