We are planning a trip next summer to the fort. We stayed on site 614 the last time we were there with the camper in 2011. I was thinking on staying at a full hookup site this time around and wanted some input on some good sites. We have a 30 ft tt and would like to have some shade. We like to head back to the sites early afternoon and cook on the grill then head back to the parks. Also would like to be near the pool and campfire area. 

With no cart, and on a full hook-up, I'd ask for a site from about 1625 through the last site on the loop- 1645.  That will put you as close as you can be to the pool and campfire, and will also give you the shortest walk to either the 1500 loop bus stop or the bus stop for the 1600-1900 loops.

Second choice would be a site near the entrance or exit for the 1700 loop.

TCD

Thanks for the input. Plans are for 14 days this time. Our first trip to the fort we spent 3 weeks in june. The kids are older if I can still call them kids but they all ways say we should camp instead of the hotels. Just 12 hr drive but all my memories where hitting the road to Disney in mom and dad's RV when I was little.