ECV at campsite, Newbie questions

forgive my ignorance but this will be my family's first time renting an ECV as well as staying at FW.

Can I drive to trails end?

can I leave my car parked any where close by the boat docks to then use boat transportation to MK?
I feel silly asking but do you charge the battery of the ECV in a regular outlet? Do you keep the ECV covered while at campsite?

I'm trying to limit use of ECV until we're in the parks.

Thank you!!

The ECV's I  am aware of plug into a standard 115V outlet. There are some of these on the pedestal that you would also use to recharge a golf cart so should also be able to handle the ECV. Since it would be outside you might want to be able to cover the seat and steering in case of rain. I can't tell you how/when to charge but others here will be able to provide guidance in regards to this.

You will not be able to park your car at or near Trails End. However all of the internal buses are capable of taking a person on an ECV or wheelchair. It isn't far from the bus stop to the boats at the Settlement and the entire route is paved.

All I have seen have a charger thar plugs into a standard outlet and will then plug into the ecv. I would recommend taking an extension cord so that if you don't have to try to get it as close to the power pole. As for covering it will you have an awning, we always just park ours under the awning but if not a small tarp or grill cover will work to keep it out of the rain. You can load it on the internal busses to get down to the settlement for the boat to the Magic Kingdom or to the outpost for busses to all other parks. You will only be able to get it on the larger cruisers that run to the MK and not on the smaller launches that run between the resorts. I recommend and we always carry the charger with us just in case the battery starts to go down wet can ask a Cast Member if there's a places to charge it. There run can vary greatly depending on the size ecv, and the size of the person using it, I would call the company you are renting it from and ask them the run time for the specific model you're renting. Charge it well every night between uses and you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We bring our ECV to the Fort and bring a heavy extension cord. The charger plugs into the ECV, and then has a cord that plugs into a regular outlet. We plug the charger into the extension cord. We cover ours at night with a gas grill cover. A large cover is the perfect size and shape to provide complete coverage for the ECV even in a storm.

We actually just drive the ECV on the sidewalks to either the Outpost bus stop or the boats. It is actually faster than waiting on a bus, loading onto the bus, riding the bus to the next stop, unloading, etc.

Yes, you can drive the ECV from your campsite to Trails End, the Trading Posts, the pool and any points around Ft. Wilderness. There are accessible sidewalks to all areas of the Fort. They may not be the most direct route, and you have to cross the road here and there, but you will eventually figure it out :)

Will definitely call Tuesday about the rental. So wait...you can carry a battery with you?! I'm picturing the battery to be huge, bulky, heavy...guess it's not as bad as I'm thinking LOL!
Have checked off grill cover and extension cord. Thank you all for the help.

Any other general tips about having ECV for park days? I'm searching that now. I imagine it will be a hassle at times. The person I'm renting it for can walk very small distances yet also prefers to walk into restaurants if possible. I have my work cut out for me :) I'm pretty sure all of the Disney restaurants can accommodate ECV? Still researching.