It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And that brings me to today ...

Friday, 9/16:

We headed to Brandon (near Tampa) to visit my aunt.  On the way we stopped in Lakeland for breakfast.

DSC_2385%20copy_zpsbcjbdart.jpg

We spent most of the day with Jo.  It was a hard day watching yet another family member being confused and confined.  But she still looks good.

DSC_2400%20copy_zpsa4d7trmo.jpg

On the way back to the Fort I-4 was very crowded.  We enjoyed the scenery.  David and I love the low fluffy clouds.  We rarely see them at home, but when we do we say "oh, look, there are Florida clouds!"

DSC_2406%20copy_zpsuly9giqm.jpg

DSC_2407%20copy_zps9mfkfrmb.jpg

This cloud looked like a mountain.  It reminded me of Everest.  But something got lost in the photo.

DSC_2409%20copy_zpsn3ohmmnb.jpg

Finally we saw this welcome sight:

DSC_2410%20copy_zpstek7ca7c.jpg

And then this:

DSC_2412%20copy_zpsj8kq3hf8.jpg

When we got back to the Fort, we had some wonderful visitors:

DSC_2430_zpshtxdnc90.jpg

Soon after they left it started to rain.  We stayed in for the rest of the evening.

No plans for tomorrow except for dinner at Cape May ... we'll see what the day brings.

I was doing okay reading and enjoying your report until you posted about F&W at EPCOT. Now, I wanna go so bad!! Just a quick trip to do F&W and see the MSEP before it leaves.

Must resist!! Must save money for WWW!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots to catch up on:

Photos, as always, are wonderful.  Bummer about Soarin, but I've honestly never been a huge fan of it so...not a big loss for me there.  Not a huge surprise on Bob's dock, we've already told Bailey that if she wants to try and fish, it will have to be from there.  LOVED the family picture...love you Christina!  Hoping the rain and storms clear out before we arrive.

See you soon!❤️

11 hours ago, sherryberry said:

I'm enjoying your report and all of the pictures! Thanks!

7 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

tarrive.

See you soon!❤️

14 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Christina!! Great family picture of them all. Glad you had time to spend with family. It is so hard watching those we love fade, it gives great perspective to our current grumbles. Your food pictures have made me hungry.

Don't know what I did wrong.  Tried to quote four posts, including Marty's.  I got 2.5 posts!

Anyway, thank you all!  Marty, save!  NaCole, see you soon!

Saturday, 9/17 -- Oldies but Goodies

This morning was beautiful and sunny.

DSC_2441%20copy_zpspgvtdnvf.jpg

We went to visit Bill and Christina for awhile before they had to leave.  Then we went to the MK for a few hours.  Our first stop was:

DSC_2451%20copy_zpsrxfn0tbj.jpg

DSC_2456%20copy_zps8g5vx1mo.jpg

DSC_2461%20copy_zps7r6mxubl.jpg

DSC_2473%20copy_zpsoprouj7j.jpg

DSC_2477%20copy_zpstdc1iure.jpg

I had decided I'd like to spend the day seeing two attractions we haven't experienced in years.  Country Bears was the first.

Next I stuck my head into the Diamond Horseshoe.  We hadn't seen it since it has reopened.

DSC_2483%20copy_zpsa6pjqmee.jpg

DSC_2492%20copy_zpsvqzmbc8u.jpg

You can see this awful crane from almost anywhere in the park:

DSC_2496%20copy_zpsvufzhfp7.jpg

DSC_2500%20copy_zps2hadzm5g.jpg

Next up was another "it's been a long time."

DSC_2501%20copy_zpsuy4yhetv.jpg

DSC_2503%20copy_zpsdnglo6lj.jpg

DSC_2520%20copy_zpsd7eaiprk.jpg

DSC_2528%20copy_zpsdqh5mnek.jpg

DSC_2546%20copy_zpscgf6b2gy.jpg

I took lots of pictures of all four scenes, and once I get home I hope to do panoramas of each one.  The laptop screen is just too small to do it here.

DSC_2559%20copy_zpsq8xhz2n2.jpg

See, I told you that crane is visible from almost everywhere!

We came back to the fort.  David had to blow off the top of the moho and a few other chores.  On the way back I took this picture of one of our neighbor's displays:

DSC_2561%20copy_zps5wu38zyk.jpg

A thunderstorm came up suddenly just as David got off the roof.  We got ready for our dinner reservations.  I was really looking forward to this one. 

So where did we go?  Cape May!  Crab legs are one of my very favorite meals ... yum!  I had a little salad and veggies:

DSC_2568%20copy_zpsdfmilalw.jpg

The brussels sprouts were so good!

Next up was 7 clusters of crab legs:

DSC_2570%20copy_zpsfaretf6g.jpg

Followed by a few small desserts -- flan with berries, oreo cookie cheesecake, and flourless chocolate cake.

DSC_2573%20copy_zpsuhdiykco.jpg

DSC_2578%20copy_zpszpvktoqv.jpg

After dinner we went out to the Boardwalk area so I could take some pictures and play with my new star filter.

DSC_2590%20copy_zps1zm2aep9.jpg

DSC_2592%20copy_zpsg4vc0djx.jpg

DSC_2601%20copy_zpssu4nigdl.jpg

DSC_2616%20copy_zpsve3gmx7n.jpg

DSC_2621%20copy_zpsfqd0jw6g.jpg

Just as we got to our car the fireworks began at DHS.  We saw a few of them through the trees as we headed back to the Fort.

DSC_2672%20copy_zpspdb9ovt0.jpg

2 hours ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Beautiful pictures, as always!

What camera/lens are you using for the indoor and night shots.  

A guy on another Disney FB page had some pirates shots that were really clear, said he was using a Sigma 35mm 1.4.  Next day he had night time parade shots and said he was using a Nikon 70-200 1.8 lens.

I looked them up on Amazon, they were $900 and $2000, way more than I paid for my camera!

Yours are really clear and bright also.

31 minutes ago, Travisma said:

What camera/lens are you using for the indoor and night shots.  

A guy on another Disney FB page had some pirates shots that were really clear, said he was using a Sigma 35mm 1.4.  Next day he had night time parade shots and said he was using a Nikon 70-200 1.8 lens.

I looked them up on Amazon, they were $900 and $2000, way more than I paid for my camera!

Yours are really clear and bright also.

I use two lenses.  My really low light lens is a Nikon f/1.4 50mm prime lens.  The one I use most is an 18-300mm Nikon zoom.

Check out B&H Photo's prices.  I have ordered all my equipment from them for years.  Both the prices you said are way, way more than you should pay for either lens.  

7 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I use two lenses.  My really low light lens is a Nikon f/1.4 50mm prime lens.  The one I use most is an 18-300mm Nikon zoom.

Check out B&H Photo's prices.  I have ordered all my equipment from them for years.  Both the prices you said are way, way more than you should pay for either lens.  

Thanks, I just looked at Amazon.

I got a Nikon D3200 for Christmas last year, 99% of my shots are still on full auto mode.

54 minutes ago, Mikeypro said:

Nice photos, Gwen! Cycled by your site today 7ish, but ya'll must have been in the parks. Perhaps we can all get together when NaCole gets here.

We were here!  You should have knocked.  Gretchen, another Fiend, was here visiting.  We found your site around 4:30 today but it didn't appear you were home.

Had planned to do an update tonight, but I got pleasantly sidetracked by Gretchen.