It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

17 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I big wish is that one day we can stay at the Fort long enough to get tired of it.  Maybe winter here

Wouldn't that be fantastic? Just having several months to come and go as you please and take it all in at your own pace...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After breakfast at TE we went to DHS.  Had a great time.  Snacked this afternoon at the Brown Derby Lounge.  Came home and went looping for a long while.

We had thought about going to MK tonight to see MSEP and Wishes, but we're in the middle of a thunderstorm yet again.

Next week this time we'll be overnighting in SC and on our way home.  

After breakfast at TE we went to DHS.  Had a great time.  Snacked this afternoon at the Brown Derby Lounge.  Came home and went looping for a long while.

We had thought about going to MK tonight to see MSEP and Wishes, but we're in the middle of a thunderstorm yet again.

Next week this time we'll be overnighting in SC and on our way home.  

Had the same plan for MK...now sitting quietly, browsing the web, and listening to Must Do Disney. I know something must be seriously wrong with me, 'cause I never get tired of listening to Stacey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thursday, 9/29:

Had breakfast at Roaring Fork.  Then did another first -- visited the Carrollwood Room.  Was disappointed in it.  I'd heard such great things about it, but it didn't measure up to my expectations.  But I'm glad we saw it.

Then we went to EPCOT.  Walked around WS.  I tried the black pepper shrimp in China, and it was not good.  The shrimp was very overcooked, and the entire dish was cold.

Next I had the shrimp at Australia.  Delicious!

Last I ordered the beet salad at Farm Fresh.  But when I got to the window to pick it up, I was told they had run out of goat cheese.  So I got a refund and will try it later.

Got back to the Fort and went looping.  It's still early so maybe more excitement!

Like Kristie said, it's hard to believe our trip is almost over.  Next week this time we'll be home and unpacking, wishing we could turn around and do it all over again.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Thursday, 9/29:

Had breakfast at Roaring Fork.  Then did another first -- visited the Carrollwood Room.  Was disappointed in it.  I'd heard such great things about it, but it didn't measure up to my expectations.  But I'm glad we saw it.

We did that for the first time on our last Disney trip.  i liked it, not a lot to see, but some interesting history, and it was peaceful.

Have you tried the 10 gallon challenge at Whispering Canyon?  That's why we were at WL.

This evening we went looping, and I had to use the restroom.  So David pulled over and let me out.  I left my big camera on the golf cart.  When I came out of the restroom, I looked at the cart and saw Kassie laying on it.  It took me awhile to realize it was my camera.  

We are slowly healing.  This trip has done more for both of us toward healing than we could have imagined.

And it has also solidified our feelings that we never want another pet, even though we loved her so much.  Life on vacation has been so much easier without worrying about her. We can stay away from the moho as long as we want  David doesn't have to spend so much time walking her.  We can drive wherever we want on the cart.  We didn't have to budget $1,000 toward vacation for vet bills.  

We dogsat Simon for NaCole and her family several days ago.  I loved having him in the moho.  He was such a  gentleman.  After checking everything out, he decided to lay down on the couch.  He was no trouble at all.  David had a different reaction.  He felt that Simon was invading Kassie's space. Maybe so, but I feel that Kassie is here with us and she would approve.  She wouldn't want us to mourn her as much as we are.  

50 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

This evening we went looping, and I had to use the restroom.  So David pulled over and let me out.  I left my big camera on the golf cart.  When I came out of the restroom, I looked at the cart and saw Kassie laying on it.  It took me awhile to realize it was my camera.  

We are slowly healing.  This trip has done more for both of us toward healing than we could have imagined.

And it has also solidified our feelings that we never want another pet, even though we loved her so much.  Life on vacation has been so much easier without worrying about her. We can stay away from the moho as long as we want  David doesn't have to spend so much time walking her.  We can drive wherever we want on the cart.  We didn't have to budget $1,000 toward vacation for vet bills.  

We dogsat Simon for NaCole and her family several days ago.  I loved having him in the moho.  He was such a  gentleman.  After checking everything out, he decided to lay down on the couch.  He was no trouble at all.  David had a different reaction.  He felt that Simon was invading Kassie's space. Maybe so, but I feel that Kassie is here with us and she would approve.  She wouldn't want us to mourn her as much as we are.  

Ahhh...that hurts my heart.  I can understand where David is coming from.  I think I would feel the same way.

50 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Ahhh...that hurts my heart.  I can understand where David is coming from.  I think I would feel the same way.

10 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We lost our dog about 8 years ago. He got out of the yard and never came back.  We searched for weeks to no avail.  In fact, while driving thru the neighborhood I still look in yards ( he would've passed by now of old age) for him.

We said the same thing, no more pets.  It's too hard missing them, and a lot easier to get away.  

Of course my grandkids do not like this decision since we have the perfect big yard and need ducks, rabbits, dogs, and micro pigs wandering around.

11 hours ago, Travisma said:

We lost our dog about 8 years ago. He got out of the yard and never came back.  We searched for weeks to no avail.  In fact, while driving thru the neighborhood I still look in yards ( he would've passed by now of old age) for him.

We said the same thing, no more pets.  It's too hard missing them, and a lot easier to get away.  

Of course my grandkids do not like this decision since we have the perfect big yard and need ducks, rabbits, dogs, and micro pigs wandering around.

We also have a great yard for pets.  Do squirrels and birds count? We're overrun with squirrels, and David feeds the birds.

9 hours ago, caveat lector said:

I know exactly how you feel. I have Zues's collar hanging in a place of prominence within my man cave.  It's rough because it makes me happy and sad to see it and think of him.  When I pass on, it goes with me.

David is keeping Kassie's collar too.  It makes me sad, but it brings him comfort.

Friday, 9/30:

The last day we can say we don't have to go home until next month.  Vacation is winding down, and neither of us is ready to go home.  Starting tomorrow, we have one day left in each park.  :(

Today was an MK day.  We missed our first FP+ because we had an in-training boat driver who couldn't dock the boat very well.  It took multiple tries.  Frustrating.

So I went upstairs in the train station and took several pictures.

14524965_10211001510979614_4312426314147538240_o.jpg

That darn crane!  This afternoon as we were leaving the park I didn't see it.  If it's down, I'll go back and retake my pictures.

The flag is at half mast in honor of Arnold Palmer.  What a great tribute to him.

We had a great time in the park.  For lunch we split a platter of fried shrimp at Columbia Harbor House (not my favorite CS) and then went to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

Came back to the fort mid-afternoon and enjoyed looping.  I had a good dinner thawing in the fridge, but we were both too full to eat it.  Will enjoy it tomorrow.

Just checked the weather at home, and it's gonna be 54 tonight.  Brrr!

22 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Friday, 9/30:

The last day we can say we don't have to go home until next month.  Vacation is winding down, and neither of us is ready to go home.  Starting tomorrow, we have one day left in each park.  :(

Today was an MK day.  We missed our first FP+ because we had an in-training boat driver who couldn't dock the boat very well.  It took multiple tries.  Frustrating.

So I went upstairs in the train station and took several pictures.

14524965_10211001510979614_4312426314147538240_o.jpg

That darn crane!  This afternoon as we were leaving the park I didn't see it.  If it's down, I'll go back and retake my pictures.

The flag is at half mast in honor of Arnold Palmer.  What a great tribute to him.

We had a great time in the park.  For lunch we split a platter of fried shrimp at Columbia Harbor House (not my favorite CS) and then went to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.

Came back to the fort mid-afternoon and enjoyed looping.  I had a good dinner thawing in the fridge, but we were both too full to eat it.  Will enjoy it tomorrow.

Just checked the weather at home, and it's gonna be 54 tonight.  Brrr!

I think the flag is 1/2 staff for Shimon Peres, former Israeli President. At least that was the directive we received for the flags at the Post Office.

20 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I think the flag is 1/2 staff for Shimon Peres, former Israeli President. At least that was the directive we received for the flags at the Post Office.

Really?  David checked the internet a day or so ago, and he said it was for Palmer.

3 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Next time Florida is in a drought we should take a collection and have Gwen visit the fort.

You can say that again!  We were sitting at the Settlement a little while ago, and the sun was shining.  Suddenly:

14457282_10211010737090261_2169169555819785236_n.jpg?oh=134ebc46cf41703d7e8cb144da2d5e3e&oe=586C9302

And the sun was still shining!  Then we found the end of the rainbow, but there wasn't any gold to be found.

14502699_10211010741010359_3456933861300485721_n.jpg?oh=c229edccea0142cc6e97d41aaae46c20&oe=586A0E2F

26 minutes ago, PureTcrazy...rita said:

I'm sitting out here now watching and hearing a storm brewing. I feel bad I haven't gotten over to see y'all. :(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's still storming here.  Wish we could have seen you too!

2 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Next time Florida is in a drought we should take a collection and have Gwen visit the fort.

Yeah...we are pretty irritated.  Bailey is still not feeling great and this is our last night, plus one of the only nights that we planned evening FPs and it starts to pour...?

I am NOT a roll-with-it kind of person..,especially when my child is under the weather and Disney will close the outside rides it bad weather (makes sense of course).  Praying it clears up and turns into a nice evening.