It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

1 minute ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Hasn't the fridge door on your MOHO broken before??

Yes, it did.  4-5 years ago.  When we got home David patched it up.  Not sure it can be salvaged again.  Probably will have to buy a new unit.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I was cheap.  Bought a pack of frozen green peas.

Splurge on the $1 or $2 gel packs.  You can reuse them, and they wont frostbite your skin.  They are covered in cloth, and since they don't freeze solid like a regular ice chest gel pack, you can mold them to fit.

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Splurge on the $1 or $2 gel packs.  You can reuse them, and they wont frostbite your skin.  They are covered in cloth, and since they don't freeze solid like a regular ice chest gel pack, you can mold them to fit.

Thanks for the info.  I'll ask David to check them out next time he goes to WM.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Yes, it did.  4-5 years ago.  When we got home David patched it up.  Not sure it can be salvaged again.  Probably will have to buy a new unit.

Hope you get better soon.  If it's a NORCOLD they have a metal hinge bracket for the doors that failed.  Had the same issue on the SENECA.

18 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Hope you get better soon.  If it's a NORCOLD they have a metal hinge bracket for the doors that failed.  Had the same issue on the SENECA.

No, it's a Dometic.  The metal hinge bracket didn't fail.  It was the pin that holds the door into the bracket.  The pin is metal but is enclosed in heavy plastic.  The pin bent and ripped out the plastic when the door fell the first time.  David straightened the pin and gorilla glued the plastic back together. This time the pin bent again and ripped out more plastic We can't even find all the pieces.  Dometic says they can't replace the pin.  It's a 14-year-old fridge, but it is still working great and I really don't want to spend $4,000 replacing it.

52 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

It's a 14-year-old fridge, but it is still working great and I really don't want to spend $4,000 replacing it.

Check into replacing it with a residential refrigerator and a bigger inverter. You coach should have the battery capacity for your overnight Cracker Barrel/ Flying J stops when traveling. Probably cost you about $1,500 for that.  We love our residential fridge.

8 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Check into replacing it with a residential refrigerator and a bigger inverter. You coach should have the battery capacity for your overnight Cracker Barrel/ Flying J stops when traveling. Probably cost you about $1,500 for that.  We love our residential fridge.

Thanks.  Will check into it.

2 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Gwen, how is the foot doing?  I iamgine you are looking around your house and seeing all sorts of things that you want to get done now that you are home.  Ignore them and rest that foot!  <3

Thank you for thinking of me, Marty!  Maybe 10% of the swelling has gone down.  Still very painful and getting blacker by the day.  I've always had ugly, fat feet, but this is so bad it's comical!  

There's no way I can do anything around the house, so I'm not even worrying about it.  David is slowly getting the motorhome unpacked.  I feel sorry for him because he's having to do it all himself. and it's frustrating him.  He doesn't even know where I pack a lot of things away, so I'm having to tell him what needs to be unpacked first and where to find it.  

14 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Good for David.  At least he's not letting it sit till your foot heals. 

Yes.  He's had a hard time unpacking.  He's been great about it, though.  There are things in the moho we can't do without until my foot heals ... like all my underwear!  :wacko:

Tuesday, 10/4:

Finally Photobucket is behaving nicely since we're home.  Go figure.

This was a beautiful morning.  After a quick breakfast in Dolly, we headed to MK.

DSC_5075%20copy_zpsh60ufcra.jpg

We had one last ride on PPF and then went to 7DMT.  We finally got the first car, so I had a great shot of the witch:

DSC_5090%20copy_zpsqqwsmpv3.jpg

The crane was finally down:

DSC_5092%20copy_zpsxkmud1bb.jpg

The rain sat in, so we went to Gasparilla Island Grill at GF for lunch.  Then David went to Alamo to turn the car in while I went back to MK.

He joined me for one last attraction:

Pete%2001%201%20of%201%20copy_zpszu0t2ga

Then at dusk we said our goodbyes and headed back to the Fort to finish getting Dolly ready to travel in the morning.  I was so sad.  A month had flown by so quickly.  I still had too many things on my to do list.  When is it ever enough time?

We debated and dreaded our drive home.  Hurricane Matthew was coming in, and the Fort would be closing the next day.  What to do, what to do?  We had two options -- take our normal route home (95 to 26 to 77 to 40) or head up 75 to Atlanta, which would be safer and 100 miles longer,  I barely got any sleep that night.

Wednesday, 10/5, and Thursday 10/6:

We woke up too early Wednesday morning, still wondering about our route home.  I was in constant contact with Beckers, whose husband was driving up 95. Brian said there was a five-mile delay on 95 getting onto 26.  That sealed the deal for us.  We were going 75 through Atlanta.

So we took the back way out of the Fort.

DSC_5213%20copy_zps111r1r9a.jpg

So far, so good.

DSC_5214_zps9ja71poi.jpg

DSC_5195%20copy_zpsw4mt9wne.jpg

We made it off the Florida turnpike and onto I-75 about 12:30.  Smooth going so far.

We made it to Georgia easily.

DSC_5216%20copy_zpswdgllzb0.jpg

Still so far, so good.

DSC_5218_zpskh7tc6oh.jpg

Then we hit Atlanta.  Okay, not so bad here.  It was about 7pm.

DSC_5220%20copy_zpsfkei36pm.jpg

We were wrong.  This is about the time the refrigerator door fell on my foot.

DSC_5221_zpssau0ofjq.jpg

We spent the night about an hour outside of Atlanta and left Braselton about 7am.  My foot was really swollen, an I could barely walk.  We made it into SC before 8am.

DSC_5222%20copy_zpsanocp7r6.jpg

We heard again that 95 is gridlocked and 26 is closed, so we were sure we made the right decision on the route coming home.

We stopped  at a CB before we made it to Greenville, SC, and made it into NC around 10:30am.

DSC_5225%20copy_zpscfutq1q7.jpg

After a fuel stop and a couple of pit stops, we made it home around 1pm.

Next up, final thoughts.

You were so close!  I'm glad you didn't stop, with your foot and the need to get home.  But I still wish i could have stood by the highway and waved as you went past.

I'm hoping you will be posting more pictures now that yo are home!

;)

5 hours ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

You were so close!  I'm glad you didn't stop, with your foot and the need to get home.  But I still wish i could have stood by the highway and waved as you went past.

I'm hoping you will be posting more pictures now that yo are home!

Marty, I wish we could have seen you too!  But I'm glad we got home when we did.  My doctor was able to see me about my foot two hours after we got home and then got me into the orthopedist the next morning.

Yes, I am working on more pictures.  Don't know when I will start posting them, though.  Since I can't do much besides sit here in front of the computer all day, I don't have an excuse to not post more.

8 minutes ago, Duane said:

Well then girl, tell David the Butler to pour you a glass of iced tea and giddy up on those pictures!!

:lol: He's been very patient and attentive all morning getting me out to breakfast, a doctor's appointment, an hour-long wait at the pharmacy, etc.  And now he's going out to mow my mother's yard.  I think i'd better be nice to him!

19 hours ago, Duane said:

As it reads in the Husband's Handbook in Chapter 1, Page 1 in BOLD print...  "Happy Wife, Happy Life".  David will take care of you!

2 hours ago, jayco1 said:

Line 2 : Keep your mouth shut and do what you're told.

1 hour ago, Duane said:

And don't forget this handy little phrase....  "I have no opinion!"

Since I'd never heard the phrase "happy wife, happy life" until I read it on Fort Fiends, I had to ask David about it.  He said it's the same as the redneck saying "if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy,"

I've spent all morning editing my Main Street Electrical Parade photos.  Now Photobucket won't let me upload them.  I guess nobody's happy, at least in our house.

And people think this is only a place to talk about Disney related stuff...  Folks pay good money for marriage counseling these days... They just need to come here.  Jen just needs to find a way to collect a co-pay for all those who come here for advice!

15 minutes ago, Duane said:

And people think this is only a place to talk about Disney related stuff...  Folks pay good money for marriage counseling these days... They just need to come here.  Jen just needs to find a way to collect a co-pay for all those who come here for advice!

:lol: