• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The part of this that jumps out at me is that this was one break in one pipeline. What happens when there is, God Forbid, a real problem? If the energy supply for an entire region is so fragile t

I'm in the Raleigh area and many of the gas stations here and in the surrounding counties are out of gas. The lines I've seen on the news at those stations with gas reminds me of the 70''s gas shortag

I was thinking the same thing. Our electrical grid is just as fragile. Not to turn this into a political debate but you are seeing the results of the US not investing in upkeep of our existing infrast

Just talked to our son in Raleigh, NC.  Many of the stations around him are out of gas.  He and his wife are rationing their driving.  

Colonial Pipeline serves a huge gas farm in Greensboro, NC (about 30 miles from our home).  I always assumed the gas farm held many days of fuel.  Apparently not so -- this farm serves much of the southeast.  

We will definitely refuel before we start home.

Yes, it is true. I live near Atlanta. Many gas stations are running out of fuel. Our governor was on the news today reminding business owners that price gouging is illegal. One gas station reportedly raised prices over $5 a gallon. I was able to fill up last night for $2.40 a gallon, but passed three stations today that had no fuel. I haven't noticed an effect on diesel, but I'll be sure to take note while I'm out tomorrow. 

I filled up 2 cars in the last few days. Both stations I went to had some empty pumps. I looked at one when I drove by tonight and the price was 2.29, whereas it was about 1.99 just a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. CJHokie is driving back from CO/UT. Not sure how it will affect him. 

I read the other day there some ships had left from TX to go to East Coast. Not sure when they'll arrive. Also, the same article said NJ, etc. is getting gas from somewhere else so it isn't affecting them.

Just talked to our son in Raleigh, NC.  Many of the stations around him are out of gas.  He and his wife are rationing their driving.  

Colonial Pipeline serves a huge gas farm in Greensboro, NC (about 30 miles from our home).  I always assumed the gas farm held many days of fuel.  Apparently not so -- this farm serves much of the southeast.  

We will definitely refuel before we start home.

I suspect everyone freaked out and rushed to fill every had container and vehicle up.

The area affected is not that big so it shouldn't be that hard to truck/ship enough gas in, but the initial spike in consumption emptied the storage tanks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

David talked to Matthew in Raleigh last night.  He said lots of stations are out there too.  If stations are out in GSO and HP, I'm sure they are in W-S; also.  Anyone else remember the long lines and insane prices of the '70s?

I don't actually remember it. I was alive, but not driving. But I do remember hearing about it.

I can remember a couple of other shortages since I've been driving, but I don't remember what caused them. I assume I was living in Charlotte since I've been here my whole adult life.

I've noticed gas prices have gone up a little, but haven't really paid attention if any stations are closed. Since I only have a 2 mile commute, I only fill up every few weeks, plus hubby uses my truck at least once a week for something related to the work on the house, and he always fills up for me when he uses it, so I just haven't noticed.

He has to drive to Atlanta Thursday, I hope he has no issues.

They are trucking in some gas, with the governor allowing increased hours on the road  (a scary thought in itself).  Many stations around Atlanta are out.  If they get the pipeline bypass installed by later this week it will still take a few days to fill the system before things return to "normal".  The $4-5 a gallon is likely not justified and will likely drop when more gouging reports get to the governor's office.  "They" say a modest increase will be tolerated due to the increased cost of trucking it in.  So far we're ok with a half tank in one van, 3/4 in the other, and no requirements to get out in the heat this week anyway.

16 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Three out of the four states we have to travel through.

You wont have anything to worry about, diesel availability is normal.

Here in East Tennessee we are seeing a bit of a shortage at smaller stations. The larger places around here are doing just fine, even after all the silly people ran out and filled up everything that would hold gas. Prices are up just under a dime\gallon here but I expect that to fall quicker than normal once all the hysteria calms down.

5 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

David talked to Matthew in Raleigh last night.  He said lots of stations are out there too.  If stations are out in GSO and HP, I'm sure they are in W-S; also.  Anyone else remember the long lines and insane prices of the '70s?

Lived thru it.  Had a work truck that was exempt because of commercial plates.