With thanks to our ever vigilant Fiends the heads up, here's the October activities schedule for Fort Wilderness, which includes the Campfire Movie schedule and Halloween activites.  Note that the golf cart parade is now on the 30th and there is strangely no mention on here of trick or treating. 

29921458891_ebf57d1fd9_b.jpg

29891040232_58755c7511_b.jpg

Very strange that there is no mention of Trick-or-Treating, which they always called "Camp-or-Treat," and had folks register their sites and get a sign to display.  Sounds like instead of addressing the freeloader problem, they've made Trick-or-Treating an unofficial activity, and have washed their hands of it.

Also, the pumpkin contest has always been at the Campfire area- interesting that they have moved it to the Settlement Trading Post.

And no Mummy Wrap relay or special activities at the pool?

The charge more give less trend continues unabated. 

Good to know that the new manager will deliver a healthy profit for the Fort.

TCD

Do we think there is no mention of ToT due to the "outsiders"?  Maybe possibly making them confused as to when to show up?  I mean, I am down with not letting the free loaders in, but I still really really want my kids to ToT.  We have never been to the Fort for Halloween on a Monday, so I am just curious and hoping some of the veteran Fiends can possibly shine some light on this.

I think I may place a call today.  I don't understand why they just don't do wrist bands like they do for Fourth of July weekend.  :rolleyes:

ill be there, as will many other fiends, we plan on ToT on the monday after we eat dinner, I am sure they left it off to confuse the non resort guests but they still may show up on monday, now they have a reason to not let those in costume in... there is no scheduled event

I actually like that the golf cart parade was moved to the 30th. Having the cart parade in the evening just before trick or treating added to the congestion, and the "madness". In addition to folks taking kids around on carts to ToT, you've got the "leftover" loopers wandering around in their still decorated carts and folks trying to get back to their sites after watching the parade. Moving that "away" from ToT will decrease the congestion, I'm sure

5 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I actually like that the golf cart parade was moved to the 30th. Having the cart parade in the evening just before trick or treating added to the congestion, and the "madness". In addition to folks taking kids around on carts to ToT, you've got the "leftover" loopers wandering around in their still decorated carts and folks trying to get back to their sites after watching the parade. Moving that "away" from ToT will decrease the congestion, I'm sure

I agree 100%.

The golf cart parade has gotten crazy.  Having it the night before will absolutely make for a calmer Halloween night.

TCD

11 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I AGREE!!!!

30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

What wristbands?

I only recall the doing the wristband thing once, and it was so inconsistently enforced that it was useless.

TCD

We went for 4th of July one year and I read recently they enforced the wristband rule a few 3 days weekends ago.  I thought it was great.  You could only be in the pool if you had a wristband.  CM's approached us and asked what campsite we were staying at and they checked it against their roster.  I thought it was great.  As a paying guest at the Fort I thought it was a great way to keep the free loaders out.

2 minutes ago, Lego Lima's said:

We went for 4th of July one year and I read recently they enforced the wristband rule a few 3 days weekends ago.  I thought it was great.  You could only be in the pool if you had a wristband.  CM's approached us and asked what campsite we were staying at and they checked it against their roster.  I thought it was great.  As a paying guest at the Fort I thought it was a great way to keep the free loaders out.

I was there the one year they did this on July 4th too.

There was no fence around the Fort pool then, so there was nothing to keep the hordes of freeloaders away from the pool, wristbands or not.  I was there in the afternoon, and had a wristband, but no one was checking them anymore, and more than half of the people in the pool didn't have wristbands.

The pool deck was absolutely packed, and so was the pool.

It was an absolute waste of time and effort.  You were there during the limited time they were checking.  It really did not work at all.  It hasn't been done since. 

TCD

So no movie on Halloween Eve?  That was when they had the special Halloween movie and the Headless Horseman rode thru.

Last year the pumpkin contest was in front of the bike barn, the previous year it was in the campfire area in front of the projection booth and in the walkway to the comfort station.

I think (may be wrong) last year the cart parade was on the 30th also.

Last year on the 4th they did the wrist bands, but there were too many openings for people to walk in.

This 4th no wrist bands.

We aren't staying at the Fort this year but plan on stopping in to visit.  The kids were really excited about the cart parade but I was hesitant coming on Halloween since we aren't resort guests this time and it gets a bit crazy for us with all the ToT festivities.  I'm glad we can enjoy it this year and not get involved with the ToT crazies.

44 minutes ago, Mich1073 said:

Also any idea what Pumpkin Patch ($) is? Just a kid pay for craft or patch? Humm, its in from of Meadows TP and not the Bike Barn so I at a loss. But this is my first and last for a while Halloween at FW and really looking forward to it.... Sucks they are doing as much as past years. ToT or not!

My guess is that it will be a batch of pumpkins for sale.  I've seen them do it before, but not lately.  Since Halloween falls on a Monday, they have all weekend to sell them.  As I recall, the prices weren't too much more than what you'd pay at your local pumpkin patch.

Don't worry about the lack of planned activities- it's us campers who make Halloween at the Fort special!  I actually think it's good that they're toning down the official activities.  Maybe the freeloaders will look around for something better.

TCD

40 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

My guess is that it will be a batch of pumpkins for sale.  I've seen them do it before, but not lately.  Since Halloween falls on a Monday, they have all weekend to sell them.  As I recall, the prices weren't too much more than what you'd pay at your local pumpkin patch.

Don't worry about the lack of planned activities- it's us campers who make Halloween at the Fort special!  I actually think it's good that they're toning down the official activities.  Maybe the freeloaders will look around for something better.

TCD

with the beach bash, it looks like they are adding something extra.

That other FB site is in a tizzy because the flyer doesn't list trick or treat.  They claim Disney had removed the posting and was "reworking" it.

A real pumpkin patch makes sense. LOL I was thinking like patch on a jacket...

Its our first and last for a few years since I don't want to pull the girls from school more than I have to, and we are all looking forward to it! Still odd there is not a movie on the 30th, must be trying to push people to the beach bash. 

It wouldn't surprise me if Disney's "answer" to all the complaints about non-Guests flooding into the Fort is simply to take it off the schedule and move some things around. 

I doubt that will keep the regular locals from showing up at the usual time, but as others have said, it may give Disney an easier way to keep them out.  There should be no reason for anyone showing up at the gate with kids in costumes on the 31st, and saying "sorry, but there is no planned TOT event on the schedule this year" is a really easy, non-confrontational way to turn people away.

6 hours ago, Mich1073 said:

Quick question, do people actually win anything if they win or place at the parade or pumpkin contest?

Second weekend building the golf cart and got all the supplies to start the pumpkins and my daughter asked me. I was like babe I have no idea. 

There are prizes, not sure specifically what they are.  In the past I've heard the winner gets a pretty decent Disney gift card.