Well here's something you don't see every day - MORE deals and discounts for Annual Passholders!

Both of these posts are from WDWMagic...

Annual Pass promotion gets you 13 months for the price of 12

1 hour ago in "Ticket - Platinum Pass Annual Pass"

Along with today's increase in discounts for Disney World Annual Passholders, Disney has also announced a promotion for purchasing new passes.

Guests who purchase a 12-month pass will now get 13 months of park entry for the price of 12.

New passes must be purchased between October 2 2016 and January 3 2017. Prices vary depending on pass type selected – Weekday Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus.

Article Posted: Oct 01, 2016 / 11:00am EDT

Dining and merchandise discounts enhanced for Annual Passholders and DVC members

Effective October 1 2016, increased discounts are in effect for both Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members.

• A 10% discount at Disney operated Walt Disney World Table Service restaurants (excluding Victoria and Alberts)
  • A 20% discount at Disney operated Walt Disney World shops, including purchases made on the Shop Disney Parks app

Through September 2017, a 20% discount is available for Annual Passholders at the following Walt Disney World table and quick service restaurants.

• Lottawatta Lodge, Blizzard Beach
  • Disney Food Trucks, Disney Springs
  • D-Luxe Burger, Disney Springs
  • Flame Tree Barbecue, Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • Tiffins, Disney's Animal Kingdom
  • The Mara, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Jiko, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Sanaa, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Beach Club Marketplace, Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Boardwalk Bakery, Disney's Boardwalk Resort
  • Boardwalk Pizza, Window Disney's Boardwalk Resort
  • ESPN Sports Club, Disney's Boardwalk Resort
  • Flying Fish, Disney's Boardwalk Resort
  • Contempo Café, Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • The Wave Disney's, Contemporary Resort
  • Trail's End Restaurant, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Gasparilla Island Grill, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Citricos, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Grand Floridian Café, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Narcoossee's, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • ABC, Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Backlot Express, Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Hollywood & Vine, Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby, Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • Olivia's Café, Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Capt. Cook's, Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Kona Café, Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Boatwright's Dining Hall, Riverside Disney's Port Orleans Resort
  • The Turf Club Bar & Grill, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Roaring Fork, Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Artist Point, Disney's Wildnerness Lodge
  • Whispering Canyon Café, Disney's Wildnerness Lodge
  • Cape May Café, Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Captain's Grille, Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • Electric Umbrella, Epcot
  • Liberty Inn, Epcot
  • The Garden Grill, Epcot
  • Biergarten Restaurant, Epcot
  • Coral Reef Restaurant, Epcot
  • Rose & Crown Dining Room, Epcot
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
  • Peco's Bills, Magic Kingdom
  • Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Skipper Canteen, Magic Kingdom
  • Leaning Palms, Typhoon Lagoon

Article Posted: Oct 01, 2016 / 7:25am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/

On 10/1/2016 at 3:41 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with the reports that a good number of people are canceling trips because of Zika?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Or that attendance in general is down? I would guess most AP holders are FL and GA residents. I know there are AP holders all over the country, but don't you think the majority are close to WDW? 

On 10/2/2016 at 9:16 AM, Mikeypro said:

Just asked at Trails End: no goodski on the AP Discount for take out emoji853.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well boo!  But thanks for checking.

16 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Or that attendance in general is down? I would guess most AP holders are FL and GA residents. I know there are AP holders all over the country, but don't you think the majority are close to WDW? 

I was thinking if attendance is down at least in part because of the whole Zika thing, local AP holders are already living in the area and either not as worried about it or already finding ways to live with it, so getting them to come (or more often) might be easier.

15 hours ago, keith_h said:

I wonder if all of the price increases and changes have put off enough of the AP holders from renewing so they are trying to entice them back.

Also a possibility.

The only day cast and retired cast were blocked this summer was July 4 in the MK.  Last summer was blocked most of the time in MK.  But of course there was the new Fantasy Land to see.  We weren't even blocked at Epcot for July 4, first time I remember being able to see their fireworks.  BTW they were great.

I have a friend who takes his grandson to the parks a lot and he says the crowds are light.

I know we have been debating renewing ours. But I think we wait out our renewal time and then just buy new, 20% off quick serve sounds great! This reminds of years ago when they did more stuff, I have bought when they did the 13 months before and also Fl Res getting in free for your birthday. That was awesome because they gave a GC for ticket value if you had an AP. 

We did talk about not renewing at all for at least a year or two, but I am rethinking it and I have a feeling ALOT of others are doing the same.

14 minutes ago, Mich1073 said:

I know we have been debating renewing ours. But I think we wait out our renewal time and then just buy new, 20% off quick serve sounds great! This reminds of years ago when they did more stuff, I have bought when they did the 13 months before and also Fl Res getting in free for your birthday. That was awesome because they gave a GC for ticket value if you had an AP. 

We did talk about not renewing at all for at least a year or two, but I am rethinking it and I have a feeling ALOT of others are doing the same.

This is exactly what Disney was hoping for.

It's a brilliant move on their part.

They have been very aggressive with price increases for the past two or so years.  Which, among other things, has negatively impacted attendance and revenue.

So, they throw Passholders this discount bone.  The only way the discount benefits Passholders is if they spend money at Disney. With the discount, we're probably still paying more than what we paid two years ago.

Once they finally have some new attractions open, they'll yank the discounts and jack up the prices again.

Disney always wins.

TCD

"We're gonna give you this nifty 20% discount, but we're also going to limit your access during the roll out of new rides, attractions and whenever we feel like doing it... That is unless you have purchased the Super Platinum Gold Plated Black Card Annual Pass, which will get you the access to the secret Cinnamon Roll Room at the MK and the front seat beside the lever puller on the Monorail of your choice... "

On 10/3/2016 at 10:26 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

They have been very aggressive with price increases for the past two or so years.  Which, among other things, has negatively impacted attendance and revenue.

So, they throw Passholders this discount bone.  The only way the discount benefits Passholders is if they spend money at Disney. With the discount, we're probably still paying more than what we paid two years ago.

Once they finally have some new attractions open, they'll yank the discounts and jack up the prices again.

Disney always wins.

TCD

I know your right. But we are also at the apex of the last 8 months before I have to pay for my youngest and the oldest goes into the 10 and up. But I checke the prices and the child pass is no longer discounted so that is a wash. So we will renew just not sure when...... It will be before the youngest is 3 in June....

On October 3, 2016 at 10:26 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Disney always wins.

TCD

I was going to say it's about time they start giving discounts back to AP holders, but you're exactly right.  AP tickets are probably running low the past year and what a way to get people back but they will be cut when the new stuff arrives.  You're right....they always win

• 3 weeks later...

Well I been really on the fence about renewing our APs. But I just got this email that I might just help make that choice... I think I can use these and then upgrade but I only need 3.... Hum, wonder if they flip that 4th ticket on the AP price and then just pay the last 100 bucks... I will call the AP line and find out. But pretty darn awesome :)

Congratulations!

We're happy to let you know that you're a winner in the Enchanted Moments Sweepstakes! You've won four (4) 1-day Tickets to the Magic Kingdom® Park at the Walt Disney World® Resort, which has an approximate retail value of $528.24.

32 minutes ago, Mich1073 said:

Well I been really on the fence about renewing our APs. But I just got this email that I might just help make that choice... I think I can use these and then upgrade but I only need 3.... Hum, wonder if they flip that 4th ticket on the AP price and then just pay the last 100 bucks... I will call the AP line and find out. But pretty darn awesome :)

Congratulations!

We're happy to let you know that you're a winner in the Enchanted Moments Sweepstakes! You've won four (4) 1-day Tickets to the Magic Kingdom® Park at the Walt Disney World® Resort, which has an approximate retail value of $528.24.

They are pretty strict on that, 1 ticket = 1 upgrade, plus prize tickets "may" not be upgradeable, not sure.

3 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

They are pretty strict on that, 1 ticket = 1 upgrade, plus prize tickets "may" not be upgradeable, not sure.

It would be awesome if complementary tickets could be used toward upgrades.  We got some at a Disney Parks Blog event.  No go on using them toward renewing our AP's.

But there's no harm in asking.  You never know.

TCD

It was a Publix/Huggies sweep so hopefully they are just standard one day tickets, they may have bought in bulk :) I can use the other for my MIL, so its fine. Either way I will use them. But I am still waiting for the Opps, sorry email... As I hardly ever win anything.

I know they used to give you a gift card for the price of a one day ticket back when they gave you free admission on your birthday.