Will hurricane Matthew impact the Fort or Disney?

Just now, Mrs.TN22 said:

this Friday, as in today, sorry for the confusion.

Hmmm... might be possible.  I think the storm has left (or is leaving) the area today.  Better chance is probably tomorrow but, again, my guess is it's current a moment-by-moment thing.

Safe travels and enjoy the trip when you get down there!!!  :) 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Morning All,  I just checked in with Gwen and David, and they are on I-85 N entering SC from GA.  Looks like the absolutely made the right decision to take the long way home!

Gwen, unless you guys have pressing plans to be back home by a certain time, why don't you head NW of the Fort, hit I-75 and see if you can stop in Destin or some other place away from the east coast

I might sound like a broken record but if you have to go any where in FL/GA/SC please use Waze. During the SC floods, Waze was able to get direct road closure feed from the state and most of the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Hmmm... might be possible.  I think the storm has left (or is leaving) the area today.  Better chance is probably tomorrow but, again, my guess is it's current a moment-by-moment thing.

Safe travels and enjoy the trip when you get down there!!!  :) 

thanks!!!  We plan on enjoying it very much - even though I've lost some fast passes - maybe I can convince a CM to give me a couple for the safari ride at AK :) it has been a rough month for us, and we are so looking forward to this.

26 minutes ago, dercamper said:

We are scheduled to check-in at the Fort on Saturday.  We did not get an email about rescheduling. 

If you can, let us know if any problems. Saw Orlando Mayor on TV saying that damage was minimal, but I know they have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

thanks!!!  We plan on enjoying it very much - even though I've lost some fast passes - maybe I can convince a CM to give me a couple for the safari ride at AK :) it has been a rough month for us, and we are so looking forward to this.

I would imagine that Disney will try to be as accommodating as possible...only hiccup is that others will be in the same boat so...sending extra Pixie Dust your way!!

4 minutes ago, Humphrey Bear…Rob said:

If you can, let us know if any problems. Saw Orlando Mayor on TV saying that damage was minimal, but I know they have to wait and see.

I just spoke with Guest Services - they are planning on having the Fort reopen sometime tomorrow (Saturday 10/8) but he said that is still not definite as they are still under a warning until 8 tonight. 

57 minutes ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

I just spoke with Guest Services - they are planning on having the Fort reopen sometime tomorrow (Saturday 10/8) but he said that is still not definite as they are still under a warning until 8 tonight. 

Sweet!  - wasn't sure how I was going to juggle Em and Zach flying in - sure didn't want to be checking in when everyone else was moving back in. 

1 hour ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

That sounds great. We will be arriving on Monday for our first trip ever to the Fort. Getting very excited.

3 hours ago, Seals said:

So they tell people to stay in their rooms and the ones who don't get characters and candy. Nice lesson.

I was there speaking with the concierge and like he said, people are going to come out anyway. It really was not that bad here. If they announced they were opening there would have been a mad rush. People found out and made it there, believe me.

Just got word that Disney Springs is opening tonight.

3 hours ago, Seals said:

So they tell people to stay in their rooms and the ones who don't get characters and candy. Nice lesson.

LOL, that's exactly what happened to us in '04. They told us to stay in room for 24 hrs. At one point we started hearing people in the hallway, so my husband went to check it out and there were tons of people & characters in the lobby. 

12 minutes ago, dvccamper said:

I was there speaking with the concierge and like he said, people are going to come out anyway. It really was not that bad here. If they announced they were opening there would have been a mad rush. People found out and made it there, believe me.

Just got word that Disney Springs is opening tonight.

Word is only parts of it and only to resort guests. 

6 minutes ago, sjames said:

all of the animals are well taken care of would not look to good if they were not

peta would have a field day Disney does not need a sea world issue

Right, I know they are loved...I just didn't know if they had room for them all in the stables at the same  time or how sound the stables were (they seem pretty sturdy).

6 hours ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Are they open Saturday?  One thing I read said the Fort is closed thru Saturday

Looks like they were being cautious - hurricane info page now says closed thru Fri - (today)

Right, I know they are loved...I just didn't know if they had room for them all in the stables at the same  time or how sound the stables were (they seem pretty sturdy).

I don't know what Disney does, however we always put our horse's (as well as most of the stables around) out to pasture during storms with what looked like a big dog collar on them with contact info on it. That way the wouldn't hurt themselves in the stalls if scared or if there was any damage. If the fences came down or they got out they could be identified by their collar. I would assume this is probably what Disney does as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, dvccamper said:

They did say it was limited shopping and dining. Dining at the resorts is also for your resort only.

People were using Lyft though when other transportation and Uber weren't operating.... at least according to facebook. 

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Hmmm...that must have been a pain for some of those folks.  I mean, what ride are you going to do...but still.

2 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I don't know what Disney does, however we always put our horse's (as well as most of the stables around) out to pasture during storms with what looked like a big dog collar on them with contact info on it. That way the wouldn't hurt themselves in the stalls if scared or if there was any damage. If the fences came down or they got out they could be identified by their collar. I would assume this is probably what Disney does as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good info, makes sense.  I don't know that Disney has enough land to do that (but maybe they moved the animals)...who knows.

Justin Scarred was at the fort in a cabin and was evacuated to the Pop Century.  He uploaded a video of the MK yesterday at closing and from the early morning hours of today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cm0tFiItBU

...when the video gets near the end, turn your volume down...