Will hurricane Matthew impact the Fort or Disney?

Looks like 500 is also closed down I see the pump trucks working so guessing they will have it pumped out pretty soon.

Breakfast was great as usual.  Server said they moved all the food and perishables from trails end over to lodge and some of the servers went over and helped out at lodge for the overflow guess they had a lot of people from the campground that relocated to lodge 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Morning All,  I just checked in with Gwen and David, and they are on I-85 N entering SC from GA.  Looks like the absolutely made the right decision to take the long way home!

Gwen, unless you guys have pressing plans to be back home by a certain time, why don't you head NW of the Fort, hit I-75 and see if you can stop in Destin or some other place away from the east coast

I might sound like a broken record but if you have to go any where in FL/GA/SC please use Waze. During the SC floods, Waze was able to get direct road closure feed from the state and most of the

Posted Images

3 hours ago, fotofx....Steve said:

Check in was quick and painless... In 1318, going to go get breakfast at Trails End.

56 minutes ago, Humphrey Bear…Rob said:

Confirming several loops closed - no line at check in. Only hitch they put me in way small site. Getting new site assignment

Glad to hear that!!

Thanks for the updates everyone.  :)

There was no line at all when we pulled in at 11am this morning - there were RV's in each lane save 1 - pull up and checked in quicker than ever before. Sites were 60-70% empty - but has filled up over the day. 

I know lots of folks were moved to Monday check-ins from Saturday, so hopefully no busier than normal- campers that were displaced  moved back in today.

We are checking in this Friday... hopefully everything will be nice and dry by then...  The dilemma of the moment is getting to the Fort from central NC.  I know there is a lot of time between now and when we leave, but sections of I-95 in NC are still closed due to flooding, may have to alter my route south...

We are checking in this Friday... hopefully everything will be nice and dry by then...  The dilemma of the moment is getting to the Fort from central NC.  I know there is a lot of time between now and when we leave, but sections of I-95 in NC are still closed due to flooding, may have to alter my route south...

You could pick up the other Millers in High Point. Safe travels & have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Duane said:

My husband will be going that way a few times over the next few days. I'll let you know what he encounters 

14 hours ago, Millermouseketeers MaryAnn said:

You could pick up the other Millers in High Point. Safe travels & have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I had thought about driving to Charlotte to pick up I-77, and that will take me right past you guys... Have a bag packed by the door and be ready.  However, I may take Hwy 1 toward Sanford and Aberdeen and hopefully can pick up I-95 in SC...

14 hours ago, Beckers said:

My husband will be going that way a few times over the next few days. I'll let you know what he encounters 

Thanks Beckers... Getting word through Facebook and the news that I-95 is still blocked from Dunn through Fayetteville, then again down near Lumberton.  I may have to take my alternate route...

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

Here is a link to the NCDOT Tims site. Not only does it list and show closing but gives congestion information as well.

http://tims.ncdot.gov/tims/

I also have used this link to SC road conditions in the past.

http://dbw.scdot.org/RoadConditions/default.aspx

Thanks Keith... I have been looking at Waze as well...

At the Fort now.  As of noon today, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 remain closed.  Number of sites in 700 reported as closed, and one in 300 barricaded.  Long-time CM told us 1600 had 2 1/2 feet of water on it last Saturday.  Water ponding everywhere, bugs everywhere.  No structural damage seen, CMs report wind & rain, but not "too bad".  Fort looks in pretty good shape.

Stopped at GA welcome center in Augusta yesterday, employee reported I 95 still had segments closed in SC & GA.  Safe travels all.