Will hurricane Matthew impact the Fort or Disney?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good Morning All,  I just checked in with Gwen and David, and they are on I-85 N entering SC from GA.  Looks like the absolutely made the right decision to take the long way home!

Gwen, unless you guys have pressing plans to be back home by a certain time, why don't you head NW of the Fort, hit I-75 and see if you can stop in Destin or some other place away from the east coast

I might sound like a broken record but if you have to go any where in FL/GA/SC please use Waze. During the SC floods, Waze was able to get direct road closure feed from the state and most of the

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just got back from the Fort spoke to Ken. He said it will not reopen today he can guarantee it. He said it will reopen tomorrow but did not know what time.

Good to know - was the overflow lot empty or full of displaced campers?   We are due to arrive tomorrow. I had hoped to avoid the chaos of everybody trying to get back in, but chaos at the Fort is better than no Fort at all...

One of the Facebook sites "I love camping at Disney" had a report that they will let folks back in at Noon tomorrow.  What a check in line that will be!   I'm hoping to get there about 10-11 and hopefully they will let me park in overflow - go to MK and let the chaos die down before trying to set up.

10 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Hmmm...that must have been a pain for some of those folks.  I mean, what ride are you going to do...but still.

Good info, makes sense.  I don't know that Disney has enough land to do that (but maybe they moved the animals)...who knows.

The Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa opened their stables for horse owners in the evacuation area for a safe place to house them.

8 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I'm wondering if everyone going back in will have to go through the whole check in process again? I'd like to hope that at least the people who stayed on property won't have to. That will be a mess if everyone does.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good question...I imagine you will, just so they know (for sure) who is where.

OK so reading here made me think...wonder if I can take those 2100 loop pics Jen is looking for.  Would be a great time to do that, no RVs in the fort!  But nope.  The guard at the gate said 'can't go in, no one allowed today'  So I ask, 'when will campers be allowed back in', he says 'tomorrow', Sunday, 'what time' I say, he says '8AM'.  Whether that holds true is anyone's guess.

The overflow lot is almost empty, a few cars near the check-in building, probably cast.  The main part had 2 RVs and a work trailer.

Took a look at the riding horses.  They have an open on the sides covered shelter in their pasture.  A bunch of them were out chomping some of the green grass.  I think there is also a closed barn but not too sure.

Driving past some of the other resorts I could see RVs in the parking lots, one even had a slide out.

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

has anyone read the comments or reviews  on Disney's FB page? There are some real winners. It seems personal responsibility goes out the window when you go on vacation to Disney. 

Too many people think they have "NO" personal responsibility anytime, anyplace.  It's the dumbing down of America.

1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Too many people think they have "NO" personal responsibility anytime, anyplace.  It's the dumbing down of America.

I agree.  These people likely feel no personal responsibility at home or any other situation.

5 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

OK so reading here made me think...wonder if I can take those 2100 loop pics Jen is looking for.  Would be a great time to do that, no RVs in the fort!  But nope.  The guard at the gate said 'can't go in, no one allowed today'  So I ask, 'when will campers be allowed back in', he says 'tomorrow', Sunday, 'what time' I say, he says '8AM'.  Whether that holds true is anyone's guess.

The overflow lot is almost empty, a few cars near the check-in building, probably cast.  The main part had 2 RVs and a work trailer.

Took a look at the riding horses.  They have an open on the sides covered shelter in their pasture.  A bunch of them were out chomping some of the green grass.  I think there is also a closed barn but not too sure.

Driving past some of the other resorts I could see RVs in the parking lots, one even had a slide out.

Thanks for the update, Gretchen.  And for trying to get those pics!!

3 hours ago, Beckers said:

has anyone read the comments or reviews  on Disney's FB page? There are some real winners. It seems personal responsibility goes out the window when you go on vacation to Disney. 

Ugh. I haven't but I can only imagine.

38 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just heard 300  - 700 - 1600 - 1700 - 1800 - 1900 are shut down. But haven't seen with my own eyes to know if it's true. I think they  said due to flooding.

I'm not surprised about 700.  When we left there last Wednesday morning, the road and several sites were already flooding from all the rain we had.  Can't imagine how bad it must be now.