Best Premium Loop for Satellite & Pets?

Welcome Reubenray!  I'm afraid I can't answer the question about Satellite, but I'm sure another Fiend will be along shortly to give you some info. In the meantime, can you tell us a few things that may help?

-Size of your rig (some loops are tighter and sites deeper than others)

- How close you want to be to the trading post, the dog park, etc.  Some folks here like to be in the heart of the action and others like to be farther away in more quiet loops.

We've stayed in the 500 loop a few times and it's right across from the dog park and not far from the Marina. But when we went from a 24 to a 40 foot rig, I think it's a bit tight for larger rigs. YMMV

Other Fiends will be along shortly to put their two cents in!  Welcome!!

If you like to be in the thick of the action - 500 loop is great and your motorhome would be fine there. Since you have a cart, you don't need to worry about being close to a bus stop, etc.  Have you downloaded the FortFiends app for your phone?  Able to see the length and a picture of the site as well as back in difficulty. 

I'm sure there are some folks that use satellite who will be along shortly. 

To add some more info our little Yorkie (6 pounds) does not do dog parks very good.  Most of these have gaps that she could get out of.  She enjoys walking and meeting people more than running or sniffing in a dog park.  So being close to a dog park is not necessary.

It will also only be my wife and myself.  We have not been to Disney World since 1990 and we will only be there for 4 full days (11/6 to 11/11).

Thanks for the reply back.  I have been going through Google pictures trying to identify what loops are what with not much luck.  I have found maps of the campground, but not one with the site numbers.  Can I send in my request some other way besides fax.  I don't have access to a fax machine.  How is the cable service there?

Welcome, Reubenray!

If you have a Fort Wilderness map, loops 400-1400 are the premium loops, and 400-1100 are the pet loops.  There is no published map that has the site numbers listed, but you shouldn't worry about a particular site- your 34' motorhome will fit in any of the premium sites.

The Fort's cable system is identical to the system used property-wide at all of the WDW hotels. The only difference at the Fort is the channel numbers.  I know that a lot of campers still want to use their satellite systems, and it seems that those who want to are able to find spots for their dishes on their sites. 

Since you haven't been to WDW in a long time, and your trip is short, I suggest that you don't worry so much about getting a particular site.  Opinions vary widely between folks as to which loops and sites are best.  You said you will have a golf cart, so being close to transportation isn't an issue.  And, I'd be surprised if you have any time to watch TV.

From what you've shared, I would suggest that you ask for a site in the 700, 800 or 900 loop close to the pet walk.  That pet walk isn't busy, and you can walk your dog there and avoid the dog park.

Are you going this November?  If so, your trip is soon!  Have a great time.

TCD