New Cabinet drawers for the Mickey Ear RV under way!

Well its been awhile since I have posted but starting the next chapter on the Mickey Ear RV, I'm sure you remember her

1DuOog8v-hUM7kbnHjc_vCS5vlizIc9VE2uWlMwP

So we are now set to start making, or shall I say engraving the wooden cabinet doors.....

This is a prototype for the smaller kitchen slide drawers.

_lF0gxZF-YjkoTZdFaX0doQQADeYr_tENvFrF6hO

3 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Love the drawer front, but it looks like a lot of work!

Actually, quite the opposite. The same goes with the Musket Mickey signs. Fasten piece down, start program and walk away. Once the carving is done I get a text on my phone that says nice job! That drawer took 17 minutes on a conservative speed. I was in the house pouring some WL Weller 12 and having a couple sips before heading out to start the new ones.

Once I get to some of the bigger cabinet doors I will begin to recreate the Attraction posters in wood.

Tim

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

Neither can I on an iPad.  I'll have to try my laptop.

My laptop is a Macbook. There are other pics on this site that I can't see. They just show up as white space and then I gather from the posts that there are pics. These have a gray circle with a dash in it, so at least I know there are pics there. I guess it is an apple thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure why the Apple users cannot see the pictures.....Come on over to the evil side (Android) we have cookies and pictures!

Here are a couple of drawers ready for stain. I just need to come up with one more to complete the drawers by the sink.

BDdgQkD9tqlEmVmcG-t-JrVcuaxYzk2fBuIu0xXa

This will be one of the larger drawers we have above the sink. I am really liking the way the Disney minimalist posters are coming out. this one is Space Mountain. The pictures do not show it very well but once I get it stained I will repost.

VPZoMjBhGMU50eqp4u0R9mzQN8mhOwnqGTovDuNA

I am not sure why the Apple users cannot see the pictures.....Come on over to the evil side (Android) we have cookies and pictures!

Here are a couple of drawers ready for stain. I just need to come up with one more to complete the drawers by the sink.

BDdgQkD9tqlEmVmcG-t-JrVcuaxYzk2fBuIu0xXaur85xmzDsHfjGtiCJNPi1URAg14VE8iJzvJSvFAxpKqrGsp8tU9jnnxWqo5oI6gJl7ApD1q8hc9gSEDJmFZ7R7CoItdh2MMVq28unfpFbUevsbdXPSdjQpMe2fsxaobUbfjrJ-fm1ESsTuFVrrbyQV8UCt5fboK_BZBITJ_MhS0DyLdT-SHCC0ok-b1RHg-ttbRcSQJ6z80J0ct7_B5as0NZw-5xnChyNOp0e1U07PhEjGk1Lr9KAPRMx1-1sSvpWivRPXN2r93oAUGErz5MHezbspZDL64FMjKyBXeIJwVJlkWbpApsbWu2puPNp1Xe9U_fFL2QG-HuNYZd4TXUWhHshpKTqziao_RM8GVdZsQG20YtjieHvxchDhq7NQxqxoN070d6W9zgMvCMVYcv9Mbhpz70QL5JqhBSRUTMK2oKReHLxf38bxHP2O8XM5H3AL1H6P9QNf5hkGzjjijZoZN8aGoUkPyVk86tv3dwJ99e9a2v_fXsJGnZ7kXkTJ7unbU_H9skY7zstTG53SGV7PcxoszogwSdHetaoonJVPatpJikWajIlve0r-hFOMtngm4kn83uCA=w373-h662-no

This will be one of the larger drawers we have above the sink. I am really liking the way the Disney minimalist posters are coming out. this one is Space Mountain. The pictures do not show it very well but once I get it stained I will repost.

VPZoMjBhGMU50eqp4u0R9mzQN8mhOwnqGTovDuNAZVkb397Z6aICkAhJE-dnHZDf4WJ48cFz9fKAjMJgkPdCuX6afIPOKuBNbN3EyvCSVu3He4JKy6ih1MnvnWX2OZXhFw4lP8yzKj-wAqF7nb13ec1BU4AqzEbUqqVYY3Sk82wlWig_m_gBWeqJam1_sDsHJr3c1bdlzyqnGkPH00K3T_MBXBtKWXLuMiRxnDqwAyDl123n1tivERQeB65AsH3EkM0G3JQaCYKAtqqmG2UjVH3dBff6C_E3I8rc31tVvb12lk_2xig4lwQKBmb6pM8aa3V9ktTQIf0hx0JmgZgp08b24alPSm7wwRMeDH1DC0yBYlyJtG_xPa-CYSVClaDDSnazrgdgbQHfSELkQOHGdCTEgKXoLmz5Ec4SEqv7I0uyHMEQAzl_03xx6odaw_wjtcdrG2YfgXpcZG9vzjRf4o-65Fy_MSMsh8kZBhO7Brh3fnNr9B0lYKlBxEVrWlKSfZ07nleLxaKjOX1ulzULGu9ujdVNAsVCM6Lxd6mPH_pgv-m7VectoGMJYqBZlkA4JEnn6QbtyU34igjeK36wFSbBxXsIpOouobZV-wKcB-1WHueR3Q=w373-h662-no

That's going to be so cool!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Timsmith7 said:

Can anyone see this link? If none of these work I give up!

tim

FVjIJNKbu0n1XOaPFr_9eIrg0GcgfgivframLF33

Or maybe this one?

P-Ann5cXBM6XFOaa_DaRPR7zqL4456ODZaXLRjaW

And the last one.

9hTmE4UJ0Q1u_1SnKAx04Hh2FN_bmO4VtMrxzHQ1

Nothing in this post, but the following ones showed up fine!  :)

44 minutes ago, Timsmith7 said:

Aright, this is my final attempt at posting pictures. Hopefully you will be able to see this one!! let me know.

20161106_104148_zps8lueewou.jpg

tim

40 minutes ago, Timsmith7 said:

20161106_103431_zpsd4fpgvxh.jpg

Sooo, the picture issue was I have been trying to use Google Photos! I used Google Picasa for the longest time with no issues but Google Photos (Picasas replacement) does not like to share very well. I moved the pictures to Photobucket that I want to share and it seems to be working. Sorry for the picture issues.

1 hour ago, hedg12 said:

Those look awesome - beautiful work!

If you don't mind my asking, what software are you using to create the nc files for these?

hedge12 I am actually using .tap files but .gcode or .nc files work as well with my cnc. As far as the software, I am using ArtCam Jewelsmith to create the reliefs from pictures and such. For basic machining and aluminum stuff I either use SketchUCam with SketchUp or Fusion360 to generate my tool paths.

The basic workflow fpr image reliefs is to load the image to ArtCam and create the relief and then create the tool path. I then upload the tool path to Chilipeppr (online cnc control) which then talks to my TinyG controller through a .json server.

tim

15 hours ago, Timsmith7 said:

hedge12 I am actually using .tap files but .gcode or .nc files work as well with my cnc. As far as the software, I am using ArtCam Jewelsmith to create the reliefs from pictures and such. For basic machining and aluminum stuff I either use SketchUCam with SketchUp or Fusion360 to generate my tool paths.

The basic workflow fpr image reliefs is to load the image to ArtCam and create the relief and then create the tool path. I then upload the tool path to Chilipeppr (online cnc control) which then talks to my TinyG controller through a .json server.

tim

Thanks Tim! I appreciate the info. I meant nc as a generic term - didn't think about there being a .nc filetype...
 I've been using free stuff like Inkscape, MakerCam and F-Engrave and have had good results, but they're kind of limited in their capabilities. I see ArtCam offers a trial download - I'll give it a try.

Again, nice work!