Add extra days or head somewhere else?

Hello everyone ,

We had been planning on checking in on the 14th to a full hook up a loop (was hoping for 1700). I'm driving with the camper and my wife and son are flying in on the 14th. I'm a lot farther ahead of schedule that I predicted and could be at the Fort within four hours or so. I was thinking about spending the extra two nights at the KOA in Kissimmee but after the drive I'm thinking I don't really want to set everything up twice. Provided I can get a spot would it be weird since I'm all by myself. I'm not normally the kind of person who cares about that but it is a little strange to have a 40-year-old man all by mself at the happiest place on earth, or maybe it isn't? Also, I didn't write this while driving just in case you were concerned. Thanks in advance for your opinions. 

Matt

1 minute ago, matthewgvt said:

Hello everyone ,

We had been planning on checking in on the 14th to a full hook up a loop (was hoping for 1700). I'm driving with the camper and my wife and son are flying in on the 14th. I'm a lot farther ahead of schedule that I predicted and could be at the Fort within four hours or so. I was thinking about spending the extra two nights at the KOA in Kissimmee but after the drive I'm thinking I don't really want to set everything up twice. Provided I can get a spot would it be weird since I'm all by myself. I'm not normally the kind of person who cares about that but it is a little strange to have a 40-year-old man all by mself at the happiest place on earth, or maybe it isn't? Also, I didn't write this while driving just in case you were concerned. Thanks in advance for your opinions. 

Matt

We had a 20 something guy camping across from us around the 4th of July in a partial loop.  Not only was he by himself, he slept in his car.

I've seen other singles tenting, guys and girls.  Nothing odd about it.  The Disney bug can infect anyone.

And welcome.

You could always put up a sign that says  "WELCOME [wife's name] and [son's name]. I missed you".  That would let everyone know you're waiting for others and keep them from thinking you're strange. Or maybe that's what a strange person would do.  I don't know. 

18 hours ago, matthewgvt said:

Hello everyone ,

Matt

I have done exactly what you are doing now several times... This is how all the rock stars travel!  The "roadies" drive ahead, set everything up, and the stars fly in and get picked up at the airport.  This is not weird at all!  Enjoy some "me time"! (but make sure you pick up those dirty clothes and have the crumbs wiped up before the stars arrive!)